US OPEN is ON! 80+ teams, fully staffed with umpires, all systems GO!

I went out to watch a few games today .I heard some complaining about the schedule change and the umpires.I just don't get it.I have been to several tourneys in the past where there were no shows,game delays,scheduling conflicts but the show went on.Why there was so much complaining i just don't know.It was mainly the 18 and under teams doing all the crying.The younger team were having a blast.I also talked to Rusty at the tourney and he was doing everything in his power to make it work.The most upsetting thing to me is when one of our local teams forfeited because of bad empiring.Is this the message we want to send to our kids is quit because something didn't go our way.Yes i admit the umpiring on that field really screwed it up but Ive seen it before even in our high school games.In a 3 game PLAYOFF you get screwed on a call you are going to walk off the field and forfeit the next one.I don't think so.The local team who chose to forfeit now just hurt another team who showed up to play.Now they have ti wait and the TD has to fill that void which now makes someone else mad.It a downhill chain reaction which effects everyone.We forget one thing that we are out there were the softball players can get better,get playing time.It wasn't all about winning.I think Rusty had great intentions and there should be some people stepping up to help other than to criticize.

darby! Pull your head out! The guy left town before it was over.

Sorry slugo the only thing i am going to pull out is my foot,RL  was there and this was about 6pm sat.I just came from Chilies and there was a 12 and under team there from Bmt who just finished 2nd in their div.They said they had a great time and the daddy said there was scheduling problems but it was well worth it.This is what playing softball is all about not about slugo a snail who only gets on thread to really show his tail.Yes i agree Daman and BH blue due know there stuff.Lets just learn from this and go on.Theres too much criticism on this board and i would like to see more camaraderie between folks.Again congrads to the Bmt Stampede for there win but reminding me why our kids do play.

There were obviously a lot of problems with this tournament and the danger is that it will reflect poorly on Beaumont for the future. I believe Rusty tried but was way over his head, and needed to solicit much more help much earlier. Some kids did get to  play, but many were unhappy with their experience and that could hurt the efforts of those who follow to try to give a tournament in Beaumont.

Looks like people should have listened to PNG70, BHBlue, and DaMan. Its a shame that the tournament ended up the wat it did. I can see Pool Games getting moved but when the bracket is set...... you can't substitute teams for no shows or give teams another game time. Causes some major problems.

I would like to say congrats. to the Beaumont Bizerk for winning the consolation championship game. A very good  game against Orange Crush (Birdwell). In all of this complaining that is being done we are forgetting the very good games that were played and plays that were made by some 800 girls. I did not coach this year nor was I a umpire, just a parent. I know things did not go just like every one wanted. Games changing times or changing fields, that will make a coach go bald fast. I was glad a tourn. this size came to Beaumont, it needs to come back next year and for years to come.  There were some bad decisions made. Can it be overcome to make it right for next year? The teams in this area need a big tourn. like this, here, in Beaumont. Can this area pull together and make it happen or will we let it slide away from us?

Looks like people should have listened to PNG70, BHBlue, and DaMan. Its a shame that the tournament ended up the wat it did. I can see Pool Games getting moved but when the bracket is set...... you can't substitute teams for no shows or give teams another game time. Causes some major problems.

I can't say that these guys didn't tried to warn me personally when this thing was first announced.

I'm sure that the "US OPEN NATIONALS" was originated with good intensions, but this tournament was a failure in almost every category.  What was billed as a "Nationals" lacked organization and felt more like practice field inter-squad games until you finally got the chance to play. (If you found a field and an opponent)

I think (and hope) that this will not tarnish Beaumont's softball reputation.  Ronnie & Nara Cole's "Stars Over Texas" events have been superb for Beaumont as well as the Tigers12's "Lone Star Classic".  Maybe the locals have been spoiled by how well run these two tournaments have been.  The US OPEN was a very disappointing event to be a part of.

With the turnout, this date seems to be a good one to attrect teams, maybe we could put one on this time next year and run it locally. We will have to see. It was good to see a tournament this size in Beaumont, just disappointing to see how poorly it was run, and very disappointing to see no one at the helm at all the last day.

I can't say that these guys didn't tried to warn me personally when this thing was first announced.

Ya'll gonna get me in trouble with EastTx again.  :'(

Ya'll gonna get me in trouble with EastTx again.  :'(

We all know it was you that instigated this whole thing.

It's all your fault.

Hey, I must be one of the one's on your good side.  I gave you a Gatorade when you looked parched.

You absolutely did!  Others can take a lesson from your kindness and recognition of a fellow human being in need of life sustaining Gatorade.  Or did I agree to kick a call in "you know who's" favor?  ;)

Either way, it was much appreciated.

Guest stircrazy

To Darby and EastTx:

If you guys think that this was a well run tourny then you both have been in the sun to long. The TD and UIC were not prepared or organized enough to put on a top-notch event. They should have had these "PROBLEMS" worked out and in writing before they started. If you come to our part Tx to put on an event this size then you better be ready to WORK . These guys were not. Field crews? Lost a 12u crush girl in a hole at the plate. Lost another around the SS position. Is this whining,griping and crying? Yes it is ! If this was in Houston would this be an issue? Yes it would. If you pay the required money then the TD better do his part! My suggestion for these 2 guys is they stay in the Houston area and leave BMT and the Golden Triangle alone. We have a hard enough time dealing with the powers that be without having to follow a FLOP like this.

Guest 11/13Dad

Houston ran him off 2 years ago and Beaumont is where he ran to hide.  That's a snakeoil salesman.  We'll keep Jonathan Lampl and the SK Mafia.  He kind of does a good job on the Ronald McDonald.

Never met the TD guy but seen enough on other boards and heard enough to know he does not have a good track record. Seems he has had the tendency to "bail" on a tournament towards the end of the event.  Last I heard about him was a disaster at Softball USA in Houston several years ago.  I guess he needed another venue.  If I was in Dallas, Austin or San Antonio, I would be on the look out.

And just for fun I thought I would copy and paste this:

The answer to $4 gas?

PLAY IN TEXAS!

We have 12 fields all in one location, excellent scheduling, more games for fewer dollars and an entry fee that respects your budget....

US OPEN NATIONALS

July 18-20, 2008

BEAUMONT MUNICIPAL SOFTBALL COMPLEX

BEAUMONT, TEXAS

NO QUALIFYING

NO ORGANIZATION PAPERWORK

JUST COME and PLAY

Insurance provided FREE to all teams

AGES 12u,14u,& 18u

6 game guarantee

3 pool on Friday, DE then consolation

$200 entry + $30/game umpires

Opening ceremonies, block party and pin trading at Riverfront Park

Give your team the "nationals experience"

at a fraction of the cost...Sign up TODAY!

This is the hidden content, please

Again stircrazy nowhere did i say anything about how well the tourney was run.I just said that it was good to see the ballplayers get to play.I realize it wasnt the TD who saved maybe parts of it.It was the actions of others who allowed the girls to continue playing.What iam getting tired of is people like yourself who does not read all the post and blow smoke.I gues thats why they call you stircrazy because most of the time you dont make any since. :-*

To Darby and EastTx:

If you guys think that this was a well run tourny then you both have been in the sun to long. The TD and UIC were not prepared or organized enough to put on a top-notch event. They should have had these "PROBLEMS" worked out and in writing before they started. If you come to our part Tx to put on an event this size then you better be ready to WORK . These guys were not. Field crews? Lost a 12u crush girl in a hole at the plate. Lost another around the SS position. Is this whining,griping and crying? Yes it is ! If this was in Houston would this be an issue? Yes it would. If you pay the required money then the TD better do his part! My suggestion for these 2 guys is they stay in the Houston area and leave BMT and the Golden Triangle alone. We have a hard enough time dealing with the powers that be without having to follow a FLOP like this.

While you were losing players the TD and darby were losing wings at Hooters..........

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder