I need a good recipe for red snapper

This works for both Redfish and Snapper preferably about 8#s.

Skin the fish while the scales are still on; then, pull out the fins.

Stand the fish upright in a pan braced with toothpicks if need be.

Put heat on Bake for 8 minutes then switch to-- broil

Basts the fish with real butter, paparika, trace of red pepper, and a lot of lime juice.  At 4 minute intervals base over the top of the fish until one cup of the basting-slurry is used up.

Broil until the back of the fish is crusty-brown then remove long enough to flake all of the meat off the fish.

Discard the bones and ladle the basting-slurry over the flaked fish and broil for 4 more minutes.

Then invite us over for a great meal!    LOL  LOL

IMO  nothing beat doin fish over a wood fire (wrapped loosely in heavy duty foil) and basted heavy with olive oil, fresh lemon juice, cracked black pepper and some fresh herbs (rosemary, dill, parsley)

Just don't overcook it...it's done jus right when it starts to flake with a fork.  ::droolin on the keyboard::  fresh tossed salad, corn on the cob and a few COLD ones...PERFECT MEAL!! ;D

This looks like a good recipe, but it's a bit too fancy for me:

1/2 fresh pineapple, cored and peeled

2 mangoes, peeled and pitted

1 Mexican green papaya, peeled and seeded

1 red onion, diced

1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped

Juice from 1/2 lime

1/4 cup apple juice

Sea salt

Cracked black pepper

1/4 cup prepared harissa (see note)

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice

4 (6-ounce) filets of red snapper (or swordfish)

Cut the pineapple, mango and papaya into medium dice; mix with the onion, cilantro, lime juice, apple juice, salt and pepper. Set aside

in the refrigerator.

In a small bowl, whisk together harissa, olive oil and orange juice. Pour this mixture over the fish and allow to rest, refrigerated, for 2 hours before cooking.

Build a medium to high fire in a charcoal grill that has been well oiled; cook fish 3 to 4 minutes on each side and remove from the grill. Serve with fruit salsa. Fish may be served with basmati rice that has been tossed with lemon zest.

Note: Harissa is a spicy North African seasoning that contains hot chiles, cumin, garlic, coriander and caraway. It can be found at Whole Foods and at specialty food markets.

Serves 4.

here's what i ended up doing, and it was a lot simpler...

i marinated the snapper with melted butter, tony c's, red pepper, white pepper, black pepper, and jalepeno juice.  then i sauteed bell peppers, jalepenos, and onions in a pan.  when they were going good, i threw in the fish, and scattered the veggies on top while they cooked.  when they were ready, i made a lemon butter sauce to spread on top, and ate the hell out of it.  it was fantastic, and only took about 30 minutes between prep and cook time. 

i marinated the snapper with melted butter, tony c's, red pepper, white pepper, black pepper, and jalepeno juice.  then i sauteed bell peppers, jalepenos, and onions in a pan.  when they were going good, i threw in the fish, and scattered the veggies on top while they cooked.  when they were ready, i made a lemon butter sauce to spread on top, and ate the heck out of it.  it was fantastic, and only took about 30 minutes between prep and cook time. 

I have been doing similar to that for years with Speck filets and it is quick and good. About the only thing difference that I see is that I didn't use jalepeños but that is a good thought.

i marinated the snapper with melted butter, tony c's, red pepper, white pepper, black pepper, and jalepeno juice.  then i sauteed bell peppers, jalepenos, and onions in a pan.  when they were going good, i threw in the fish, and scattered the veggies on top while they cooked.  when they were ready, i made a lemon butter sauce to spread on top, and ate the heck out of it.  it was fantastic, and only took about 30 minutes between prep and cook time. 

Sounds awesome...

I'll take 3 orders of that to go!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder