Just got my Dave Campbells!!!!/Local Picks And Rankings Posted!

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Ain't no way it's going to look like this...20-4A

What's wrong with these people, please

1. Ned

2. Living

3. PN-G

4. Lum

5. Central

6. Ozen

7. Vidor

8. LC-M

What's it gonna look like in your opinion?

I'm not Jags but in my opinion

Nederland

PN-G

Central

Ozen

Liv/Lum

Vidor

LC-M

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the hidden content, please

'Earned its way'

Much of the magazine's production of preseason rankings falls on the lap of San Antonio resident Carl Padilla, author of a weekly "Padilla Poll" publication he said many coaches subscribe to for $140 per school year.

Padilla, who has compiled state rankings for Texas Football since 1998, said he put West Brook in the top 25 because of Stump's coaching record and the return of 16 starters to a team that went 7-0 in District 21-5A last season.

Among those returning is Christine Michael, one of Texas Football magazine's top-20 running backs.

"West Brook has earned its way," said Padilla, whose rankings - created in early May before the magazine goes to press - might be tweaked before the release of another set of state rankings before the Texas High School Coaches Association's coaching school in late July.

For Padilla, the process of determining state rankings requires a bit more than flipping coins and throwing darts. He attended 52 games between El Paso, Corpus Christi, Houston and Waco last season, pored over filled-out questionnaires returned by more than 1,000 coaches and considers each program's history when he makes rankings.

Padilla admits a school such as West Orange-Stark, which has played in four state finals and won twice during coach Dan Hooks' 27 seasons, gets a nod ahead of most others based on history. That's part of the reason he put the Mustangs at No. 9 in Class 3A.

"They're what I call a perennial," Padilla said. "You know they're going to get in the playoffs. You don't know how far they'll go, but the team that beats them is going to be successful."

Among other Southeast Texas state-ranked schools, Newton is ninth in Class 2A and Kirbyville is 13th in Class 2A.

WB can't have 16 returning starters, can they?  Powdrill, Malbrough, Chavis,Falgout, Williams, Zeno, plus a nose guard and tight end.  I thought all those guys were seniors, plus another o-line.  Help me out here Bear.

5afootball.com has WB wuth 9 on O and 2 on D.......

Remember those types of things are based on coach submitted forms. Something I have heard of:

Say a jr. starts at RB.  A sr. starts at FS.  After the season the FS graduates.  The next year the kid that played RB also plays FS and is written down as a "returning starter".  This is more common at the smaller schools where there are more two-way players.

Just food for thought.

It says the Hamshire-Fannett Falcons will be 3rd!!!!

LOL

It's the Hamshire Falcons and the Fannett Longhorns. They got too big and split into two schools for next year.

you laugh along time ago before the two schools merged Fannett was the Falcons and Hamshire-New Holland were the Bulldogs. Fannett wore Green & Gold and Hamshire wore Blue & White. That's how the came up with

with Blue & Gold for the New school colors, as far as the Mascot I am not sure how they came up with a Longhorn. Maybe there is some one out there that can answer this.

The students voted on the colors and the mascot.  There were three mascots that made the finals one was the Longhorn, the other was the Bulldog and the third was the Tiger (could have been a Wildcat, I'm not sure), but the Longhorn won.  Neither the Falcon nor the Bulldog was suppose to be nominated, however the Hamshire student did not get this message or ignored it.  For the longest, most of the Hamshire students would get blue stones in their senior ring and the Fannett students would get gold.  

WB can't have 16 returning starters, can they?  Powdrill, Malbrough, Chavis,Falgout, Williams, Zeno, plus a nose guard and tight end.  I thought all those guys were seniors, plus another o-line.  Help me out here Bear.

5afootball.com has WB wuth 9 on O and 2 on D.......

We actually have 8 returners on offense, and 5 on defense.......here is a list of last years roster. There are a few players who will start that were not on last years team.

78 Nick Andrepoint 6’ 3†275 Junior OL

68 Roland Bordelon 6’ 4†225 Junior DL

64 Michael Broussard 6’ 1†260 Junior OL

Jeremy Cooper     

Team Defense     

65 Chris Durgin 6’ 2†250 Junior OL

76 Cedric Franklin 6’ 2†285 Junior OL

4 Jordan Garrett 6’ 1†190 Junior WR, DB

45 Caleb Gatlin 5’ 10†205 Junior LB

3 Ryan Grant 6’ 1†165 Junior WR

12 Christian Louis 6’ 0†175 Junior QB 

77 Markel McCartney 6’ 1†250 Junior OL 

33 Christine Michael 5’ 11†180 Junior RB

52 Shane Nolan 5’ 10†190  OL

22 Cecil Phillips 5’ 7†180 Junior LB 

17 Chris Pinson 5’ 8†150 Junior WR 

6 Taylor Reed 6’ 0†160 Junior LB

44 Adorian Underwood 5’ 10†205 Junior LB 

58 Malcom Williams 6’ 3†195 Junior LB

Josh Wilson  

it's 9 returners on offense. Plus the kid taking over Powdril's spot is just as good or better. This offense shold be explosive. With a young defense WB may have to outscore some people to win

I apologize, I understood you to say that we had 8 returners, not counting the basketball player/receiver......what's his name? Donte Lopez, I think.... Soulja knows who I'm talking about. If you counted him(he didn't play as a junior), that made nine. Sorry for the bad info.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder