Who Wins The District Title In 20 4A?

Who Wins The District Title In 20 4A?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins The District Title In 20 4A?

• Central
    • Ozen
    • Livingston
    • Lumberton
    • Nederland
    • LC-M
    • PN-G
    • Vidor

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My initial thought was that Nederland would win our district hands down because they will have a potent offense with young Bellows at the helm.  But I started thinking that they will not have a great defense.  I Know Central will have a salty defense.  I will give a slight edge to us for district champion.  Also, we always get back in the thick of things after a losing season. 

My initial thought was that Nederland would win our district hands down because they will have a potent offense with young Bellows at the helm.  But I started thinking that they will not have a great defense.  I Know Central will have a salty defense.  I will give a slight edge to us for district champion.  Also, we always get back in the thick of things after a losing season. 

thats why I put you guys in there as well. I think if ya'll would have brought the house against Ned like ya'll did a lot of the time against dayton, that central could have given them fits.

thats why I put you guys in there as well. I think if ya'll would have brought the house against Ned like ya'll did a lot of the time against dayton, that central could have given them fits.

We did it in the second half and only gave up 3 points in that timeframe.  The score was 38-7 in the first half.  We would have had a great opportunity of we did those things in the first half.

just curious why you think that buc?

I think they will be a playoff team but they replace all 11 starters on Defense and on Offense they lose  keys players such as Hemmings RB, M. Johnson WR/DB, B. Doty WR/S, D. Barnett WR/DB, K. Tezeno RB/DB, Schexinieder TE/DE, C. Burnett TE/DE, J. Cortez OL.

They will return Josh Wright but he was a sidekick to one of the best RB's in the area last year so it is yet to be seen if he can carry the load and Tatum is losing his top 3 WRs, All-dist TE and one of the best RB in the area last year. Not to mention he only had a 42% completion last season and he threw 6 INTs to 7 TDs. They have alot of questions to answer.

wright won state in power lifting and apparently u did not see him get more yards on Dayton than any other team and score their only td against Lamar or him score both tds on vidor I would say he can carry a load and Tatum can and will shine were not a throwing team

I never said they wont but those are questions they will have to answer bc they werent answered last year. Wright did have hemmings line up beside him in the back field and Tatum only had a 42% comp. percentage.

Your post needs more facts of why Tatum will shine. Even if your not a team that throws the ball alot you stil need to be able to complete alot more than 42% of your passes to be successful. Not having those 3 WRs and Those 2 TEs is gonna hurt you and not having Hemmings is gonna hurt you.

you showed that Wright didnt have a bad season and could do well next year but the fact is PNG lost ALOT of very good players last year. Did I say they were gonna be bad? Did I say they were not gonna make the playoffs? No. I presented you with facts of why they will not be on another level next year from every other team in the district. They are losing alot of good players who were starters and thats a fact jack.

i gave you facts to. we have the same line. we have the same class of 09 that has dominated other schools since middle school. tatum and wright are a good duo. we have a great new full back caleb harmon. we have a solid offense. i presented the facts on wright. and the facts on tatum are this. well you proved it yourself but. you see tatum has vision a great arm and great size. but you said he had great receivers.... well i saw him putting the ball where it needed to be. but not to much hussle to get to it. the one thing they know this year is that people are talkin down on us because were not the biggest team. but it doesn hurt to have a veteran qb and tb and offensive line

just curious why you think that buc?

I think they will be a playoff team but they replace all 11 starters on Defense and on Offense they lose  keys players such as Hemmings RB, M. Johnson WR/DB, B. Doty WR/S, D. Barnett WR/DB, K. Tezeno RB/DB, Schexinieder TE/DE, C. Burnett TE/DE, J. Cortez OL.

They will return Josh Wright but he was a sidekick to one of the best RB's in the area last year so it is yet to be seen if he can carry the load and Tatum is losing his top 3 WRs, All-dist TE and one of the best RB in the area last year. Not to mention he only had a 42% completion last season and he threw 6 INTs to 7 TDs. They have alot of questions to answer.

Wrong. We did not lose all 11 starters on defense. Savant/Davis (if eligble), and Gaspard all started on defense.

Guest Penny

The funny thing is , Nederland lived on defense for the late 90's and early 00's... so its' not like they don't know how to play it... they can lock you down and shut you out... just haven't had the personnel last couple of years.  Don't kid yourself, they will play defense in Nederland again... just hope it's not sooner rather than later.

Saying that if it were not for dropped passes your QB would have hit 50% ain't exactly praise.

I see your point, but PN-G had an above average number of drops and it was not all on Tatum. That can be said for any QB, but I saw more dropped balls from our team than any team we played. And for what it is worth, I think PN-G is a playoff team. District champs? I don't know. I think we will have a strong running game with Wright and nearly the entire line coming back. As far as our passing game I think the team needs to practice pass blocking a little more in practice. Tatum never really had much time last year. Also, I feel like Tatum needs to make more athletic plays and hit some people on the move. Third, our passing playbook sucks. We throw a 5 yard out, a go route, and tight end over the middle. Once in a blue moon you will see a deep slant or a swing to pass to a back. That's it. No creativity. If all those things can come together than PN-G will have the "O" to win district. If we are relegated to counters and toss sweeps, I do not see it happening.

Saying that if it were not for dropped passes your QB would have hit 50% ain't exactly praise.

I see your point, but PN-G had an above average number of drops and it was not all on Tatum. That can be said for any QB, but I saw more dropped balls from our team than any team we played. And for what it is worth, I think PN-G is a playoff team. District champs? I don't know. I think we will have a strong running game with Wright and nearly the entire line coming back. As far as our passing game I think the team needs to practice pass blocking a little more in practice. Tatum never really had much time last year. Also, I feel like Tatum needs to make more athletic plays and hit some people on the move. Third, our passing playbook sucks. We throw a 5 yard out, a go route, and tight end over the middle. Once in a blue moon you will see a deep slant or a swing to pass to a back. That's it. No creativity. If all those things can come together than PN-G will have the "O" to win district. If we are relegated to counters and toss sweeps, I do not see it happening.

I agree, alot of passes should've been caught. I don't like the sideline go route that they ran last year that never worked. PNG isn't going to burn LaMarque, Central, and Ozen DB's on the deep pass (sorry guys) which is what they tried to do last year against Ozen and LaMarque and that's why the games were close. They need to work on the short and intermediate routes, the TE pass they have works very good, but like Akifan94 said a little more creativity but not the run and shoot, just enough to keep people guessing.  PNG will have a solid team, have some good athletes coming up, I don't know about the district championship, but we'll be contenders and not pretenders. I see some good district battles again this year. This is going to sound like excuses, but keep in mind that PNG might not have a home stadium until the last couple of games so keep that in mind.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder