So Who Get's the BC job??

Guest Bulldog

Very good point on Casey, Jaden and Clark. They will be missed.

Whoever gets the job will have some talent to work with.

Returning starters include, Blake Snyder, Eric Matthews, Matt Hicks, Joe Robertson, Dustin Breaux, Blake Hubbard, Luke Rhodes (he did start several games)...sorry if I missed any and please add the names of returning starters

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think without a doubt bc has the talent coming back next year to compete for a district title , from experience though you must have someone that can come in and coach the talent that you have. thats every bit as much important as having the talent.

which is something that billy never had a problem doing . that being said im sure there will be another coaching job for him i just hope for the kids of bc that they can get a coach like the ones being mentioned because anybody would be fine with the list above  good luck to coach bryant and bc baseball hate to see him go although i know several coaches wont miss him and his competetive teams :(

Guest BCNatureBoy

I've heard bigger names than those on that list. But I think Delome gets the job, he has connections with the new Sup. from their days at Buna.

Guest stircrazy

Russell was a very good coach at Buna. He left after Collin left for Lamar and took a job so he could see him play more. Although he has been out of coaching several years he has been helping some kids with a lesson or two. Question: If Coach Bryant was a bad teacher then why was he REASSIGHNED and not fired yet? This is just the BC school board trying to force someone out without looking like the bad guy. Firing someone that has a great record just looks bad.

It has been said on other threads that anyone can coach the talent at bridge city.  With only losing 3 seniors from this seasons district championship team(1 district loss) the new coach should have no problem winning a district championship next year for 6 in a row.

You might want to check your records. BC Did not win a district championship last year. Jasper did. So next year it would only be 2 in a row.

If you are happy with the results of the program then you should promote from within.  That leaves 2 good candidates.

If you aren't happy with the results at this school, well then I don't understand what you are looking for.  But then the solution is to look outside the district for a change.  At which point I am sure there will be plenty of qualified applicants.

Kyle Green would be a nice fit if he is interested or if BC hasnt already made up its mind.

Why on earth would Coach Green leave what he's built up at Vidor to go to BC where he has 500 zillion whining political parents running the show. 

Who says he would?  These are people on here posting pure speculation.  My guess is he doesn't want to go from 4A playoff team to a 3A. 

Very good point on Casey, Jaden and Clark. They will be missed.

Whoever gets the job will have some talent to work with.

Returning starters include, Blake Snyder, Eric Matthews, Matt Hicks, Joe Robertson, Dustin Breaux, Blake Hubbard, Luke Rhodes (he did start several games)...sorry if I missed any and please add the names of returning starters

These three will be missed alot!  The catching position is up for grabs, Joe, Luke and Grant have all caught since 6 years old so it could be one of those guys who will step up, or someone who caught in JV.  Outfield, Rhodes started mostly when Dillon or Clark pitched, so he has experience starting in the outfield, which leaves one spot open there.  Pitching is where I see it being a big loss..............Dillon and Clark's shoes will be hard to fill.  But there are several of the above mentioned players who are very capable of stepping up as pitchers.  It will be interesting to see how the team of next year comes out.  Lets just hope that they get a coach that uses the talent he will be handed to the best of it's ability! 

On another note, good luck Coach Bryant, you will be missed!

Guest Bulldog

i think without a doubt bc has the talent coming back next year to compete for a district title , from experience though you must have someone that can come in and coach the talent that you have. thats every bit as much important as having the talent.

which is something that billy never had a problem doing . that being said im sure there will be another coaching job for him i just hope for the kids of bc that they can get a coach like the ones being mentioned because anybody would be fine with the list above  good luck to coach bryant and bc baseball hate to see him go although i know several coaches wont miss him and his competetive teams :(

BC will be better next year...........No question in my mind........

And coach Bryany couldn't be fired he has one more year on his current contract...............

Guest etbu

They are going to hire Etbu bc he does not have to suck up to anyone including the little thirty three year old pup Supid. Etbu will work for free bc can and will fire the Supid upon arrival. Plus we will not loose to a inferior Jasper team for the second year in a row. There how's that? Think I am full of myself? Your right I am ............. 8) Yea on top of that Etbu if hired will put turf on the infield and maybe build a new stadium. So take that football. Ha

They are going to hire Etbu bc he does not have to suck up to anyone including the little thirty three year old pup Supid. Etbu will work for free bc can and will fire the Supid upon arrival. Plus we will not loose to a inferior Jasper team for the second year in a row. There how is that? Think I am full of myself? Your right I am ............. 8) Yea on top of that Etbu if hired will put turf on the infiled and maybe build a new stadium. So take that footbal. Ha

::)

They are going to hire Etbu bc he does not have to suck up to anyone including the little thirty three year old pup Supid. Etbu will work for free bc can and will fire the Supid upon arrival. Plus we will not loose to a inferior Jasper team for the second year in a row. There how is that? Think I am full of myself? Your right I am ............. 8) Yea on top of that Etbu if hired will put turf on the infiled and maybe build a new stadium. So take that footbal. Ha

WAHOOOOO!  You are the man Etbu!

Kyle Green would be a nice fit if he is interested or if BC hasnt already made up its mind.

Why on earth would Coach Green leave what he's built up at Vidor to go to BC where he has 500 zillion whining political parents running the show. 

With the talent coming up at Vidor, I doubt Coach Green will be going anywhere soon.  He should be licking his chops right now. 

Possibly Mark Brevell at PN-G ? Very successful while at Lumberton. Program went downhill after he left. High school teammate of Stump.

Ok BC which is it?  Is it the supt hiring his best friend or the AD hiring his best friend?  Are they the same person?  Did Brevell leave the same time as his pitcher who later went on to throw a no no for the Redsox?  Any program would go down losing a pitcher like that. 

Good post 3amagic I agree.  It is ashamed that the board runs the whole show.  But it starts in little league by having to be president then have to be on the board so you can tell the coaches what to do very sad day.  Good luck to Billy.  No vested intrested just the whole team not kids or grandkids. 

I would like to give input on Billy as a teacher and not a coach. He taught my niece history and was an honest and great educator. I have a daughter that recently graduated with her law degree, and she considers Billy an upstanding member of society,mentor, and a valuable role model for todays youth.

a valuable role model for todays youth

bcpatron you have got to be kidding me.......

and did anyone catch the penny record today? i cant disagree with mark dunn more, hes a great photographer and does his job, but that article was pitifull....going out of his way to bash coach stump on his "perfect 0-10 campaign"....dunn might be shooting pictures from the other sidelines next fall if hes not careful

Guest BCNatureBoy

Possibly Mark Brevell at PN-G ? Very successful while at Lumberton. Program went downhill after he left. High school teammate of Stump.

Also another likely candidate with his connections to an administrator.

2 quick points: Heard this rumor(fact) back in early March, so at that time Billy did not have another year on his contract(they are renewed in late April); I don't believe the baseball team played High Island. By the way:  I thought that they tied for the district championship and Jasper won the game for playoff seeding.(?)