So Who Get's the BC job??

Guest Bulldog

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of those serious suggestions made thus far, none are as good of a coach as Coach Bryant.  None have the experience, and none have had the success.  One has never coached a high school game and none have ever even advanced past the first round of the playoffs.

Bryant did not play some important community members kids or grandkids.  One ran for school board and won.  Then they sat and waited for him to make a mistake or two.  He did, then axed him.

What good coach wants a job where if you don't play the school boards family they will find a way to fire you.

The AD that reassgined this coach, better play the right kids in football or he might find himself coaching elementary PE a year from now. (or an assistant at WB)

Guest etbu

From the outside looking in I am sure Coach Stump will bring a very capable HC for BC. He is the athletic director and his job is to ensure that happens.  BC has a very rich baseball tradition and this time next year all will be well.

It has been said on other threads that anyone can coach the talent at bridge city.  With only losing 3 seniors from this seasons district championship team(1 district loss) the new coach should have no problem winning a district championship next year for 6 in a row.

Guest BCNatureBoy

It has been said on other threads that anyone can coach the talent at bridge city.  With only losing 3 seniors from this seasons district championship team(1 district loss) the new coach should have no problem winning a district championship next year for 6 in a row.

Easier said than done. ::)

Here are a few applicants rumored to be interersted in being the next BC coach

Kyle Green  Vidor

Russell Delome  ex buna

Chad Landry  HF

Chris Fackler 

i know Kyle Green, Chad Landry, and Chris Fackler are all excellent coaches wat about Wayne Stephenson and Russel Delome are they good coaches also?

Guest etbu

Based on what I saw when I watched your squad in Humble Stevie Wonder could coach this team.  8) With Hicks and Robertson coming back? WOW

Here are a few applicants rumored to be interersted in being the next BC coach

Kyle Green  Vidor

Russell Delome  ex buna

Chad Landry  HF

Chris Fackler 

I believe Delome left Buna to follow his son Collin through college.

Im guessing that Stephenson has been a assistant or Griff for a long time or something what happened to Delome why did he leave Buna 

i know Kyle Green, Chad Landry, and Chris Fackler are all excellent coaches wat about Wayne Stephenson and Russel Delome are they good coaches also?

Guest BC boy 17

Just not sure this is the best thing for a team dealing with another heartbreaking loss. :-\

The loss against Jasper was certainly an earlier exit from the playoffs than this BC team was looking for. From the emotions of the players that night, I think heartbreaking is putting it mildly. I have had the fortunate pleasure of being involved with most of these young men from the time they started their baseball careers. I have seen before how they respond to wins and losses. I feel very confident they will put this behind them and return next year even hungrier. The BC Cards of '09 will be just fine, even with a new coach.

Saddened to see Coach Bryant leaving. He was never in it to win any popularity contest, just to do his job to the best of his ability, teaching the players baseball. You have to admire someone who will stay committed to his beliefs regardless of any potential outcome. Good luck coach, I am glad my son had opportunity to play for you.

Guest BC boy 17

While BC may be loosing only 3 seniors from the '08 squad, all three of these were high quality and strong contributors. You don't loose an offensive juggernaut like Jackson and think that will be easy to replace. Matt Hicks has pitched very well these last 2 seasons but, and I am sure he will agree, you can't go with just one pitcher for a season. Dillon and Clark did more than just help fill the gaps this year. Dillon had the no-hitter against a very strong Sulpher team. Clark, is that as in Clark Kent, a.k.a. Superman, was incredible that Friday night against Needville. These three seniors meant a lot to this BC team and someone will need to step up to fill some might huge shoes next year. Even with Jasper gone, this 3A district will prove again to be one of the toughest in the state.