Nederland Dogs of '08..

Need another dimension on O, otherwise we should be good on offense. Defense needs to tackle better.  We should be back in the playoffs this year..

Let's see, if we get another dimension to the offense, if we tackle better and if........

.... we should be in the playoffs.

Need another dimension on O, otherwise we should be good on offense. Defense needs to tackle better.  We should be back in the playoffs this year..

Let's see, if we get another dimension to the offense, if we tackle better and if........

.... we should be in the playoffs.

Was that not clear?

Guest tigersvoice

With 4 teams going ( another dumb UIL idea ), Nederland SHOULD make the playoffs.

I thought that was just in the talking stage and had not been accepted.

I believe it was in place for 5-A last season and will include 4-A this season.

Look for Nederland to have one of the more explosive offenses in the state. Defense will need to come together but that is what preseason is for. May see more than usual two way starters. Defense is the key, good defense and Nederland is in the hunt for the district title.

Guest Penny

Facts are we were one dimensional because we chose to be, we did not have the tools to run the ball effectively.  When we do, we will, otherwise why beat your head against the wall?

Facts are we were one dimensional because we chose to be, we did not have the tools to run the ball effectively.  When we do, we will, otherwise why beat your head against the wall?

I respectfully disagree up to a point.  We needed to a least make more attempts to keep the opposing D honest.  The last three games all they did was line up in  prevent defenses and dare us to try to throw.  No surprises for whoever was the D coordinator.

Being one dimensional obviously hurts but even so, Nederland lost their starting quarterback the first game, came in with a sophomore and were still in the playoff hunt until the last game of the season. Even then, it was the defense that kept them out of the playoffs, not the one dimensional offense.

Being one dimensional obviously hurts but even so, Nederland lost their starting quarterback the first game, came in with a sophomore and were still in the playoff hunt until the last game of the season. Even then, it was the defense that kept them out of the playoffs, not the one dimensional offense.

I agree, again up to a point.  That defense was much better the first half of the year.  They shut down the Phillips kid from Waller, the same kid that ran all over lumberton.  I think that starting with the Central game, they were worn out from being on the field so much, due to the offense being unable to move the ball.

I've been trying to think of a jab to throw in here, cuz I know how sensitive you guys are, but I just can't come up w/ anything....give me a couple of days to think about it. ;)

Just DON'T mention Vidor. Please. ;D

Theres a big reason why the bulldogs went to the spread last years,,,,,,,,we did not have a running back that could shoulder the load. 

I would have to disagree on that statement. We had a very talented back last year who couldn't produce do to lack of running lanes provided by the offensive line. We could have had Adrian Peterson as our RB, and we still wouldn't have had a running game. Offensive Line needs to step it up big next year if we hope to even have a chance to make it to the playoffs.

Guest 87CRU79

Theres a big reason why the bulldogs went to the spread last years,,,,,,,,we did not have a running back that could shoulder the load. 

I would have to disagree on that statement. We had a very talented back last year who couldn't produce do to lack of running lanes provided by the offensive line. We could have had Adrian Peterson as our RB, and we still wouldn't have had a running game. Offensive Line needs to step it up big next year if we hope to even have a chance to make it to the playoffs.

To reply to Wise Guy:

He was right on about the O-Line, those guys performed lack luster at best for the majority for most of the season! Even the RB weighed more than 2 or 3 of his lineman. The O-line is definitely goin to have to kick it up a knotch this season!

I think they will finish near the top, its between PNG, Ned, Ozen & Central, no offense to Lumberton but they are done, they had there 15 minutes of fame, those 3 year starters are gone and so goes lumberton

I think they will finish near the top, its between PNG, Ned, Ozen & Central, no offense to Lumberton but they are done, they had there 15 minutes of fame, those 3 year starters are gone and so goes lumberton

Lumberton has some good players coming back but they have some mighty big shoes to fill.

To reply to Wise Guy:

He was right on about the O-Line, those guys performed lack luster at best for the majority for most of the season! Even the RB weighed more than 2 or 3 of his lineman. The O-line is definitely goin to have to kick it up a knotch this season!

Am I the only dog fan that thought our oline did pretty good?  How many sack did they give up?  Not many.....

Would have been nice to have a running back that could have made someone miss, break a tackle?  Some of you said that our rb's were bigger than the line, i bet some of the lineman were faster than the rb's.  A good running back makes a good offensive line

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder