*BH vs. Bay City/Bay City Advances!!!!*

Great pitching but errors will kill you!!!

I like that better, UTGUY09... ;) ;) ;)

BH had plenty of chances. Bay City pitcher threw 70 pitches in the first 3 innings. He was tiring and BH was up 4-1. Next three innings we have one batter, maybe two reach base. All 5 runs for Bay City were scored with two outs. Three of the five were scored on errors with two outs.

Thamm nice job on the mound...6 IP, 5-6 K's, 2 BB's, 2 earned runs.

Alex Rocha great day at the plate. Two hits that were scorced. Top of the 7th, with tieing run on base,  Rocha hits a bomb to center field only to be caught against the wall.

It is what it is....Best of luck to Bay City. They have a scrappy team that plays with a lot of heart.

For now, I'll be pulling for Harrington and the Indains. Best of luck to PNG....see you guys out at BH next week.

Don't be shocked Coop...that team comes up and surprises people...they did it to LCM last year.  We had bats, and pitchers, and all kinds of other weapons...they just played like they had nothing to lose, much as the Lamar Consolidated team did this year, when we played them.  Barbers Hill found out what we found out...them guys are tough.

EAGLE 07, BH FAN-1, you all were class acts...liked talking to you, and y'all stayed after the dust settled, and the season was over...that is class.  Good luck next season.

We've been playing Bay City for 25 years in Babe Ruth summer ball. I give them credit, they know the game and love their baseball. When you play them at home, the atmosphere is collegiate. No disrespect to the HJ hecklers, but their elementary compared to what our outfielders go through.

Barbers Hill has to be disappointed on how their season ended. But they have a great tradition, and will be back.

Don't be shocked Coop...that team comes up and surprises people...they did it to LCM last year.  We had bats, and pitchers, and all kinds of other weapons...they just played like they had nothing to lose, much as the Lamar Consolidated team did this year, when we played them.  Barbers Hill found out what we found out...them guys are tough.

EAGLE 07, BH FAN-1, you all were class acts...liked talking to you, and y'all stayed after the dust settled, and the season was over...that is class.  Good luck next season.

Really appreciate that elhector1......and back at ya. Mine's a SR. and will pitch at Angelina next year...So look for me on the JUCO board....I'm not going too far away. I'm a baseball junkie now. I've really enjoyed being a part of this board thru out the year....Met some good people who had a kid(s) on the "other team"......that I now consider  friends..........and hope our kids play on the same team. SE Texas is loaded with talent.......and more importantly, good stand-up kids. It's refreshing to know that there still some parents that are doing their job.....and doing it well.

Good luck to you.

Really appreciate that elhector1......and back at ya. Mine's a SR. and will pitch at Angelina next year...So look for me on the JUCO board....I'm not going too far away. I'm a baseball junkie now. I've really enjoyed being a part of this board thru out the year....Met some good people who had a kid(s) on the "other team"......that I now consider  friends..........and hope our kids play on the same team. SE Texas is loaded with talent.......and more importantly, good stand-up kids. It's refreshing to know that there still some parents that are doing their job.....and doing it well.

Good luck to you.

Eagle, it was great meeting you early in the year. I look forward to to keeping the board up to date on your son's progress in college. Hey, it's more fun on the board when you don't have kids playing so keep us updated on west of the trinity.

Good luck to you.

Eagle, it was great meeting you early in the year. I look forward to to keeping the board up to date on your son's progress in college. Hey, it's more fun on the board when you don't have kids playing so keep us updated on west of the trinity.

Likewise....I totally understand the more fun on the board if your kids not playing. Man, I gotta tell ya...if your kids a pitcher on a team that's getting lots of recognition....you lose your hair, start using profanity, and start praying even more.... ;) ;) It ain't for everybody.....not sure if it's for me........Na, I'm in.  :D :D

Update #1 on the team West of the Trinity....

Obviously, losing all of their pitching...Don't let that fool you....5 above average arms ready to move in. BH doesn't lose much other than pitching....Defensively, not much changes. At the risk of sounding like a biased homer, I honestly look for BH to contend for the district title again next year.

Players to watch : Ponder ( the heir apparent for team leader ), Rocha, Clifton, Padgett, Carmona, Burditt, Bounds, Baker, Peterson, Hensey. Again as a biased homer ( ;) the beauty of BH is there's lots of good kids who take education seriously and love their sports....the crop really never grows too thin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder