MLB PROSPECTS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

200k Hmmmm Do you actually know how high he would have to go to get that kinda $$???? Also a player with 7+ speed is not considered a prospect for hitting. There has been multiple pitchers out of this area hit well in HS (500+) that never touched a bat after. Agree 100% on education but some players are not scholars and go to school in order to play ball. MLB used to have a provision in the contract concerning schooling after MLB play and this was directed in them getting HS boys who mite want to go that way. With the changes in signing periods this mite have been removed but I dought the players union would back it.

A little out of yalls area but Tarlandus Mitchell from 1a Alto has had MLB scouts at every game he has pitched.  The times I've seen the radar gun has been consistantly 87-91, gotten as high as 94.  Off-speed stuff is in mid-70 range.  Height will hurt him though being only 5'10.  One scout said they wish they could put his arm in Trey Haley's body. ( Central Heights pitcher who has signed with Rice )

DD is a good h/s baseball player with a chance to develop his offspeed in COLLEGE.....he MAY be drafted in the thirties which means he wont sign but you guys think hes giong to make money in the draft, get real....we'll talk about this after the draft

Guest baseball25

There are alot of Lotts around the nation I mean guys you got to realize there are alot of guys that throw 88-90 and leftys that throw 82-85. The guy that sign with rice got his ride taking away becasue he couldn't throw strikes and he was at 90+. Also alot of guys can hit in high school and that doesn't mean your going to hit at the college level. I had 3 at bats my whole college career and i went 2 for 3 and in high school i hit 20+ Hr and 10 in one yr against very good pitching in HS and I picked up a bat 3 times in my college career. So that should tell it doesn't matter what you hit in hs.

DD is a good h/s baseball player with a chance to develop his offspeed in COLLEGE.....he MAY be drafted in the thirties which means he wont sign but you guys think hes giong to make money in the draft, get real....we'll talk about this after the draft

Skills123 nobody said that he was going to make money in this year draft. He might not get drafted,he might get drafted and play college ball. the point is who are you to decide what happens with DD Lott. Is he a MLB prospect? YES,  does that mean 1st till last round yes. The question is why does it matter to you this much?  Who are you? What do you do? "LET IT GO'' and "GET OFF THE GAS."

200k Hmmmm Do you actually know how high he would have to go to get that kinda $$???? Also a player with 7+ speed is not considered a prospect for hitting. There has been multiple pitchers out of this area hit well in HS (500+) that never touched a bat after. Agree 100% on education but some players are not scholars and go to school in order to play ball. MLB used to have a provision in the contract concerning schooling after MLB play and this was directed in them getting HS boys who mite want to go that way. With the changes in signing periods this mite have been removed but I dought the players union would back it.

if you are talking about the Lott kid um those statistics look like they came from a year ago um looks like 2007 so let the last year be last year the kid probably picked up speed and i mean besides Jay bruce was a great hitter and had 7+ speed also, so my point is that that really doesn't matter buys and yes skill123 pump your brakes buddy

84-86....good day 87-88 touch 90 a few times, average at best breaking ball, no change up that ive seen.....a whole lot of projectability for the future, room to mature, could be good one day....i know thats what a lot of the draft goes on is projectability so hes definately got that....great kid and family off the field also, good makeup all around

coming from a professional stand point

84-86....good day 87-88 touch 90 a few times, average at best breaking ball, no change up that ive seen.....a whole lot of projectability for the future, room to mature, could be good one day....i know thats what a lot of the draft goes on is projectability so hes definately got that....great kid and family off the field also, good makeup all around

coming from a professional stand point

Sounds like he is a prospect.  ;D ;D

exactly i never said he was not a prospect, which he will continue to be in the future if he wants to be....hiddentalent thinks hes going in the top 5 rounds of the draft, no its not going to happen but he will eventually get drafted and has a great chance to play pro ball because he is a big bodied lefty who has an average fastball with projectability and an average breaking ball...when he gets good pitch coaching then he will develop a change up which is necessary to pitch at the next level he will be really good....once he is able to throw all three pitches for strikes then he will have no worries...go get em DD

lol ok....remember you can throw 99 but can you locate.....hes 85-88 consistent.....no big deal though yall know more than i do so yall are right im wrong lol...if you had good stuff in highschool and also throw as hard as you say he does then why didnt he win more games and lose less...remember he was throwing against highschool hitters....lol come on

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder