Lamar Helmet....What do you think?

Guest coachacola

Bobcat, I like that desing, and the idea one writer had was to have a design contest...that will get buy-in on the new program, good idea.  When I played at LU, we had sort of a Alabama wanna-be look??  THe only problem here is...how do you make a cardinal look tough?!  One of the older helmets had a growling cardinal with TEETH!  Ahhh the good old days

UL_Cardinal_head_logo.png

That's belongs to the University of Louisville so we'll have to come up with something else.

Bobcat, I like that desing, and the idea one writer had was to have a design contest...that will get buy-in on the new program, good idea.  When I played at LU, we had sort of a Alabama wanna-be look??  THe only problem here is...how do you make a cardinal look tough?!  One of the older helmets had a growling cardinal with TEETH!  Ahhh the good old days

UL_Cardinal_head_logo.png

That's belongs to the University of Louisville so we'll have to come up with something else.

dang, we'll actually have to be ORIGINAL! lol

Guest tigersvoice

Lamar already has a mean looking Cardinal.  He just needs to go on a black helmet:

2463016338_54030030d9_m.jpg

D O U B L E    U G L Y !!!!

I've never liked that new logo. That Cardinal looks like it just got out of a bird bath in the morning and hasn't fixed it's feathers yet.

I'd go with an LU insignia on either a red or white helmet. That's something that would never have to change over time...kinda like Michigan, OU, or UT. Keep it simple.

Coachacola, you are definitely a guy that knows any and everything Lamar University. Yep, back when it was the St. Louis Cardinals, Lamar did infact run into some problems regarding the mascot.

It still is the St. Louis Cards, however there mascot is alot different than ours now... Is the cardinal with teeth Louisville's mascot?

mffl:  before you were even born, I think, there was a St. Louis Cardinals football team.  They moved to Arizona many years ago - 1988.  A couple of years later, the Rams left LA and moved to St. Louis and became the St. Louis Rams.  Rim was speaking of the football cardinals.

Maybe they should do like Oregon did years back in making the helmet/jersey a publicity stunt for more recruits....I guess they need to win a few games first before trying something like that....I have always been a big college football fan but can honestly say I paid no attention to Oregon before people started talking about their 3-4 different uniforms and its colors....Media good/bad is publicity!!!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder