******MUST READ THREAD******

Didn't she attempt the same, um, stuff when the board was trying to rename the baseball field Ronnie Anderson Park?

GS is absolutely right on this one. She is just trying to garner the spotlight and again is doing so in a negative manner. If there is a vote on Monday, the motion will pass with ease. My only fear is that she will create enough stink with her recruits that she will get a vote dealyed (this is the second time that this would have been considered by the board).

That is why there needs to be a lot of people there in favor of the name change to boost up the members of the board to go ahead and vote.

Didn't she attempt the same' date=' um, stuff when the board was trying to rename the baseball field Ronnie Anderson Park?

GS is absolutely right on this one. She is just trying to garner the spotlight and again is doing so in a negative manner. If there is a vote on Monday, the motion will pass with ease. My only fear is that she will create enough stink with her recruits that she will get a vote dealyed (this is the second time that this would have been considered by the board).

That is why there needs to be a lot of people there in favor of the name change to boost up the members of the board to go ahead and vote.[/quote']

Well, with the pluthra(sp?) of people in favor that are going to be there, I dont think they would have the nerve to not vote. grad, Im not sure about the baseball park, but if she could have stopped it Im sure she tried. I have heard a few more stories about her from a "reliable" source :wink:

Well, if you speak just be civil and respectful. It will make you guys look better. I was told today she had been in the grocery stores with a petition. Sad actually. If you really want to bust her chops get the attendance records of the board meetings. If she has a history of missing meetings ask why. If she doesn't see fit to be there to help make tough decisions for the betterment of the children of the district why be there at all.

With all of the conversation from Ms. Martin about where an individual pays taxes and lives - I wonder why she hasn't mentioned that she has unpaid taxes in the City of Orange. She is a sitting board of trustees member and an elected official who has had outstanding taxes since the beginning of the time she was elected. This is public knowledge and can be found in the County Appraisal Delinquent Tax List. Ms. Martin enjoys the right to serve as an elected official and frequently criticizes others but has issues of her own that need to be solved. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. What goes around comes around...

With all of the conversation from Ms. Martin about where an individual pays taxes and lives - I wonder why she hasn't mentioned that she has unpaid taxes in the City of Orange. She is a sitting board of trustees member and an elected official who has had outstanding taxes since the beginning of the time she was elected. This is public knowledge and can be found in the County Appraisal Delinquent Tax List. Ms. Martin enjoys the right to serve as an elected official and frequently criticizes others but has issues of her own that need to be solved. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. What goes around comes around...

Wow. :shock: You guys wanted some ammo there it is. I would verify this statement and have a copy on hand if at all possible. If she questions how a "non-taxpaying" coach can have a stadium named after him ask her how a non-taxpaying school board member can ask such a question.

My printout dated 3/06 shows Ms. Martin on page 163 of the document as owing back taxes for 2 different pieces of property in the City of Orange. These taxes are of course, city county and school taxes on property located in WOCCISD.

One property has back taxes dated back to 2000 and the other property dates back to 1999. Ms. Martin spouts off about doing her homework. She forgets that others can do homework too. Her attempts on Channel 6 to clean up the mess she created with her callous and unjust comments are a result of trying to talk out of both sides of her big mouth.

Guest GoStangs

My printout dated 3/06 shows Ms. Martin on page 163 of the document as owing back taxes for 2 different pieces of property in the City of Orange. These taxes are of course' date=' city county and school taxes on property located in WOCCISD.

One property has back taxes dated back to 2000 and the other property dates back to 1999. Ms. Martin spouts off about doing her homework. She forgets that others can do homework too. Her attempts on Channel 6 to clean up the mess she created with her callous and unjust comments are a result of trying to talk out of both sides of her big mouth.[/quote']

How can I get a copy of that printout before the board meeting? I looked on-line at the Orange County Tax Appraisal District site, but they don't have delinquent tax information. I'd enjoy presenting this during the board meeting...

Guest GoStangs

There actually is no requirement that a person has to be current with their taxes to be on the school board. I don't know why that is, but I imagine it's probably that way in case there is a dispute about the taxable value of one's property.

Either way, it's odd for a person to have back-taxes and be on a governing body that decides tax rates and how tax money is to be spent.

There actually is no requirement that a person has to be current with their taxes to be on the school board. I don't know why that is' date=' but I imagine it's probably that way in case there is a dispute about the taxable value of one's property.

Either way, it's odd for a person to have back-taxes and be on a governing body that decides tax rates and how tax money is to be spent.[/quote']

Is that the definition of irony? :lol:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder