Westbrook's Billy Chavis Commits To Baylor

Guest GoStangs

Pretty much' date=' but there are alot of very good players that don't sign with UT or A&M that have commited to UH, SMU etc.[/quote']

If they get a scholarship to UH or SMU, then they're good. But, it's hard to believe someone would pass up a scholarship offer from the National Champions so they could go to UH or SMU...

I think that too many kids make that a decision to go to a school because of who the school is and what they did in the past. Which is fine if they fit into that system or scheme. Also, they need to take into account who else is there and whether or not they could go to another school and get more playing time.

I know everyone wants to win championships and dream from the time they start play a sport of playing for that championship but I would rather be on a good team and playing then sitting the bench for a championship team. Plus you never know when the powers may switch. Utah made a run at it a couple of years ago and eventually someone will make that jump. TCU has had a high quality program for years and UH is up and coming.

Just my two cents....

I think that too many kids make that a decision to go to a school because of who the school is and what they did in the past. Which is fine if they fit into that system or scheme. Also' date=' they need to take into account who else is there and whether or not they could go to another school and get more playing time.

I know everyone wants to win championships and dream from the time they start play a sport of playing for that championship but I would rather be on a good team and playing then sitting the bench for a championship team. Plus you never know when the powers may switch. Utah made a run at it a couple of years ago and eventually someone will make that jump. TCU has had a high quality program for years and UH is up and coming.

Just my two cents....[/quote']

Well Im a UH Coog, and I would LOVE to see coach Briles turn it around, but they just dont have the recruiting power anymore. What happened to the "Cotton Picking Cougars" of the 80's :cry:

I still think they will improve. Great Coach and some better recruiting the last couple of years.

Well, he is a well respected man. They might have a good team, but they prolly will never be recognized nationaly again. Mostly because they are in C-USA

I don't believe that UH is that far off. Coach Briles is an excellent coach. These things take time and this will be his 4th year ( I think). So, this year and next should show it. Since, these should all be kids that he recruited and had 3 or 4 years in his system.

Peolple have gotten down about the program because they expected too much too fast after going 7-6 in his first season, with a bowl game. I credit that season too the fact that he was running a new system that the other schools hadn't seen. Therefore, they were being out schemed. The past 2 years the other schools have caught up now it depends on the his recruits comming through. It will happen, remember they had Oregon down 21-14 at the end of the 3rd quarter and just ran out of gas, due to the lack of depth. That was an Oregon team that was 10-2 last year, their only losses were to USC and Oklahoma in the Holiday Bowl.

This year they have Miami on 9/30. It will be good to see how they hang with the big boys this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder