Daniel Marsh of Hardin should be on the Gamble team

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

Just who do you think that this 1A guy should replace? ::)...EVERYONE can't be on the ALL STAR team...I am sure he did well in that district and congrats on his accolades, but....it pretty much ends right there...Is he  a senior?

Guest DickVitale

I'm sorry teamfirst, but, I was not talking or responding to anything that YOU said...Why not mind your business? I was asking the guy a question in response to his...Why are you in affairs that don't concern you? I've got an idea...Don't read it.

Guest DickVitale

Oh, its WEST Hardin thats 1A....Thats good stuff, but you did not answer my question...WHO should he replace on the current Gamble squad? and Is he a senior this year?

DickV considering he plays at the 2a level not 1a and  prob plays in the best 2a district in the state of texas. He's atleast in the top 5 best players in the area. Also put up 35 and 30 against EC and Kountze when hardin beat theam.

His stats are better than TT's?  Sounds like you might have a legit argument.

Guest DickVitale

DickV considering he plays at the 2a level not 1a and  prob plays in the best 2a district in the state of texas. He's atleast in the top 5 best players in the area. Also put up 35 and 30 against EC and Kountze when hardin beat theam.

His stats are better than TT's?   Sounds like you might have a legit argument.

Stats are not the tell all end all, when it comes to picking all star teams..Don't get me wrong, they matter, but the player could be taking 40 shots a contest and his team STILL getting beat..(just an example, not speaking of this kid) BJ Tyler only averaged 14 ppg in his senior year at PA Lincoln back in 1989, but they would not have won back to back titles without him..That makes him special..And by the way, I KNOW you are not suggesting that this Marsh kid should replace Tremain on the Gamble squad...Please tell me you are kidding.. ::)

Guest DickVitale

MAYBE he could replace the kid from Nederland, but GULLEY!! NO way, man...Jamar Gulley is on most major recruiting lists for the coming summer..Who is Daniel Marsh? Like I said, he did well in his district and thats good, but thats about it...really..IF he is a senior, in all likelihood his playing days are probably over, right? Gulley WILL play for four more years upon graduating from Central...somewhere. Sorry, dude, if the Gamble committee had a do-over, they would NOT drop Jamar Gulley in favor of a 2A kid from Hardin...Not going to happen. Don't get me wrong, I am sure that Marsh is a pretty good player, or he would not put up those type of numbers, but, EVERY good kid can't be on the All Star team...It happens at every level...

Guest baseball25

He is better than hammonds and prob better than another inside guy thats on the list. Seen hammonds play and he can't hold marshs jock. Marsh is going to go play somewhere just don't know where yet. Its prob going to be for football but he could go play at a juco no doubt in my mind. I just don'tknow if he has the testing scores to go play at the Div 1 level. He put numbers up like that every game. Nobody could stop him. Centerville coach said he's these the best athlete they seen all year by far on the basketball court and he put up 37 against them.

Guest baseball25

Marsh is 6ft2...your telling me that vance mcdonald isn't  big he's 6ft5 230 Div1 football player, Brey from kountze 6ft3 215, Deweyville bland 6ft6, Warren post 6ft5, Centerville both post  6ft6. So don't tell me this district is small. It's the best district around this area and best in state at the 2a level.

FYI: PA News basically puts kids on this team that they cover...They do not cover Hardin. Yes, Kountze is a stretch but PA News has actually sent reporters to their games. Count Hardin out. END OF STORY.

This statement does has some merit, BUT, the PA NEWS goes as far north as Beaumont and that's it. It's circulation does not reach Silsbee or Kountze, but each school has had players on the PA News-Gamble teams. I think it's just a matter of those reporters knowing something about the players. Bottom line is, Marsh never got the pub that most of these other players got. I saw Marsh play 3 times this year, and he is a good player, but like Dick said, that's how all star teams are picked and there will always be someone left off that's probably just as deserving.

Speaking of the Gamble team, of the 10 players on the team, only 3 are seniors, Thomas, Joseph and Malbrough. Next year's Gamble team should be interesting with more than likely 4-5 very good players left off the team. With these 7 players being seniors next year, you'll also have the likes of DeCarlos Franks of Ozen, Devin Brey and Roman Walker of Kountze, and '6"7 Avory Thomas of Silsbee becoming juniors along with senior to be Trey Burrell from Hardin-Jefferson, they may need to extend the team to 12 players instead of 10.

While Marsh is an excellent player he was not the district MVP.That honor went to Tramain Thomas and rightfully so. Marsh is a great kid who I got to watch a lot over the past 2 seasons and the last 2 summers but he is a classic tweener.He played the post at Hardin because of his jumping ability but is probably a little light to play with the post players on the Gamble team.As far as the outside players he definitely wouldn't replace any of those guys,they can all penetrate and shoot the long ball.That being said,he had a great season and literally carried Hardin this past season.I believe he could play receiver at a smaller college,he has good speed and great hands.Overall the Gamble guys did a good job.It's to bad they don't have a slam dunk contest and a 3 point contest to showcase some of these other kids that would be a real crowd pleaser.

While Marsh is an excellent player he was not the district MVP.That honor went to Tramain Thomas and rightfully so. Marsh is a great kid who I got to watch a lot over the past 2 seasons and the last 2 summers but he is a classic tweener.He played the post at Hardin because of his jumping ability but is probably a little light to play with the post players on the Gamble team.As far as the outside players he definitely wouldn't replace any of those guys,they can all penetrate and shoot the long ball.That being said,he had a great season and literally carried Hardin this past season.I believe he could play receiver at a smaller college,he has good speed and great hands.Overall the Gamble guys did a good job.It's to bad they don't have a slam dunk contest and a 3 point contest to showcase some of these other kids that would be a real crowd pleaser.

read the thread starter again...it says "off. MVP" of district.  That means offensive MVP.

Guest DickVitale

Bottom line is there is NO WAY some 6'2, class 2A post player is going to be chosen for the Gamble team..Its NOT happening..He is probably a good kid, and a pretty decent player and all, but this honor is not for him...move on.

It sounds like the attitude is if your from a small school, you can't play.  I disagree.  If that kid put up those kind of numbers, and he is not better than anyone on the All-Star team, something is wrong.  It is still a 10' basket, and a 90' court.  It is hard to put those numbers up against 5 cones in 32 minutes.  The whole thing sounds biased to me. 

Dickvitale you think you know everything..........stop sucking on 4a and 5a tit.......the marsh kid would be the 2nd best athlete on that court with tramain thomas..........he put up 22td and 1500 rec this yr in football, has a 35 inch vertical..the young man can play...he put up 35 plus against kountze and ec both times this yr and put up 38 and 20 reb against centerville and your telling me those aren't good teams.....your saying its 2a.......Brey and walker from kountze could play on the gamble team easy and marsh is just as better as them.....Thomas play in that district and marsh put up better numbers than he did.....

Guest DickVitale

It sounds like the attitude is if your from a small school, you can't play.  I disagree.  If that kid put up those kind of numbers, and he is not better than anyone on the All-Star team, something is wrong.  It is still a 10' basket, and a 90' court.  It is hard to put those numbers up against 5 cones in 32 minutes.  The whole thing sounds biased to me. 

Two words shoot this one COMPLETELY out of the water.....TREMAIN THOMAS...Remember him? he's a 6'2 GUARD (not a 6'2 post), from little East Chambers High, 2A school in Winnie.....AND he is and SHOULD be on the Gamble squad...Next.

Guest DickVitale

Dickvitale you think you know everything..........stop sucking on 4a and 5a tit.......the marsh kid would be the 2nd best athlete on that court with tramain thomas..........he put up 22td and 1500 rec this yr in football, has a 35 inch vertical..the young man can play...he put up 35 plus against kountze and ec both times this yr and put up 38 and 20 reb against centerville and your telling me those aren't good teams.....your saying its 2a.......Brey and walker from kountze could play on the gamble team easy and marsh is just as better as them.....Thomas play in that district and marsh put up better numbers than he did.....

You are crazy if you think that the Marsh kid is a better athlete than Jacoby Joseph...Or Willie Jefferson...or Jamar Gulley...should I continue? That is retarded statement you made...really.

Guest DickVitale

DickieV.......The marsh kid can flat out play, I have played against some of the best players around the area and I will say this the guy can flat out go and could play at the 4a and 5a level easy...the guy is a heck of a athlete and loves to work and is only going to get better...he was basically the guard against centerville this yr in the playoffs...he can play at any position.........

I am SURE that the kid can play..But when compared to MOST of the kids that made the Gamble squad...He just doesn't...I will say that he MAY have been left off due to his natural position for his size AND the fact that he did not make much of a difference in the final outcome of his team's success..Meaning, he did not do what Tremain did for East Chambers; made them a perennial winner while he was there. Thats just a theory, but it goes back to my original question...Who would he replace?

Guest baseball25

One thing about tramain was he has a better supporting cast than what marsh had..........no doubt in my mind he's a better athlete than those kids, or just as good.....could they put up over 1500 rec yards and 20+ tds in football I think not...and also he didn't do to bad at the tsu relays against all the big 4a and 5a guys....get in your head  you got some 2a players that can play at the 4a and 5a level....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder