*PN-G vs. Nederland Updates/PN-G Wins 7-6 In A Classic/Comments*

Still no answer for the pinch hit? Any Nederland people have an answer?

It's simple lefty against righty.

So youre saying pinch hit So Taguchi for Albert Pujols just because of the matchup?

If you base it on past history you're right Scrap.  However do you or I know what the stats for either Nederland batter is.  We're not talking Pujols or Taguchi.  Both Nederland batters have struggled from what I've seen.

It  really could be lefty vs righty or who knows what may have been in the coaches head ???  However based on what i've seen in the season so far, there's only five  batters I would say the coach wouldn't bat for in the current lineup.  They are Broussard, Vidrine, Pitts, Sampere, and Bellow.  The other four have struggled.  I think Stanley and McFarland are coming around.  They have hit the ball hard and been robbed a time or two of hits by good defensive plays.  

I reread your earlier post Scrap.  Vidrine should have been no surprise. He and Pitts were solid on the middle infield this summer for the 16 Year Old Babe Ruth World Series RunnerupTeam.  

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL kinda like everyone was predicting us to get blown out this game... didn' t happen.  You underestimated this team and your team came close to losing the game.  Like I said, you won by one run... just accept it.

No whats funny is you lost and were supposed to accept it. Trust me we accept the fact that we won. It has nothing to do with winning by 1 run or 10 runs, a W is a W.

Just for the record, "bigdog," almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades not baseball. So you keep getting as "close" to us as you want, but close just isnt good enough. Maybe you should accept that.

No, my point is that you cant seem to believe that you won by one run.  You keep saying "errors kept them in the game" and "it won't be that close next time" .  It is a rivalry game ,and those are usually barn burners no matter if the fans think it will be a blowout or not.

Scrap, The pinch hit was because of a missed or ignored bunt signal from the previous at bat.Did you not see Robbins call mcfarland down the line and then make him bunt with two stikes?Coach making a point.I am not agreeing with the tactic but that is what I saw.

adminbaberuth, blue did miss a few calls, but they always do. Lets not blame the umps for anything. The "error" Spikes made at first was absurd. He clearly caught the ball at first came off the bag to throw it around the horn and blue says he dropped it and called the runner safe. That was by far the worst call of the game.

I don't think adminbaberuth was blaming the umps.  He was making a point of how a few little things this way or that can effect the outcome of a game.

PNG, LCM, and the Vidor games are always fun and intense due to how many players and their families have become friends during summer ball when they're on the same teams.  I always pull for the Nederland Team but want to see the players I know on both sides have good games.  I think for the most part they did last night.  Jude, Mitch, Jordan, etc. all played defense like we've come to expect.  Ryan and Eric pitched like they always do.  Jon, Matt, etc. hit like you expect.  They all played hard.    

I talk to a couple of Nederland players and it had nothing to do with missing the signal.apparently his signal are hard to read because he wasn't the only missing them.The catcher got yell at a bunch if that the case how come he didn't pinch hit for him to.what i heard from there  fans is he does stupid things like that all the time.

if you think about it, nederland didnt have a prayer from the opening hitter.  they had 2 hits in 5 innings off harrington, with no errors the indians win 7-2.  nederland cant hand with png on their best day which they had the other day and the indians have their worst (obviously).  Harrington throwing with Todd behind him, best 1-2 punch in the area..goodluck hitting that the rest of the district

if you think about it, nederland didnt have a prayer from the opening hitter.  they had 2 hits in 5 innings off harrington, with no errors the indians win 7-2.  nederland cant hand with png on their best day which they had the other day and the indians have their worst (obviously).  Harrington throwing with Todd behind him, best 1-2 punch in the area..goodluck hitting that the rest of the district

Funny how that is what everyone thought last year, and we rattled off 8 or 9 wins in a row, including beating the "so called unbeatable png team."  We just fell short in the one game playoff.  It seems some png people have gotten real cocky after one win vs LCM.

Funny how that is what everyone thought last year, and we rattled off 8 or 9 wins in a row, including beating the "so called unbeatable png team."  We just fell short in the one game playoff.  It seems some png people have gotten real cocky after one win vs LCM.

It's 'cause they got Harrington....you would be cocky too.  ;D I'm just kidding. This district is just like last year....4 teams with talent battling to the end. I think it comes down to PNG and Vidor, a team that just keeps getting better.

PNG in the playoffs and winning coin flips could make a long run.

PNG will definitely have to minimize the errors as district progresses. It will eventually come back to bite them. Nederland was just one swing of the bat away from winning that game. That's how close the top teams are to each other. There is still a lot of games left and anything can happen. I wouldn't put the crown on anybody yet.

It's 'cause they got Harrington....you would be cocky too.  ;D I'm just kidding. This district is just like last year....4 teams with talent battling to the end. I think it comes down to PNG and Vidor, a team that just keeps getting better.

PNG in the playoffs and winning coin flips could make a long run.

hate to you tell you  but png is not going to have to have a coin flip. they will run the first half of district undefeated and maybe  just maybe have one lost to lcm in the second since its at theire place  but i highly doubt it 

I hate to tell you....but I'm pretty sure their is a coin flip before every playoff series...you know 1 or 3 game series, home or neutral...things like that. "PNG in the playoffs and winning coin flips (i.e.--one game series, i.e.--as in Harrington on the mound) could make a long run."  ;)

I hate to tell you....but I'm pretty sure their is a coin flip before every playoff series...you know 1 or 3 game series, home or neutral...things like that. "PNG in the playoffs and winning coin flips (i.e.--one game series, i.e.--as in Harrington on the mound) could make a long run."  ;)

What makes you thing Todd and Spikes arent capable of winning playoff games on the mound? PNG's playoff run doesnt hinge on the "coin flip"

What makes you thing Todd and Spikes arent capable of winning playoff games on the mound? PNG's playoff run doesnt hinge on the "coin flip"

Man, for someone who continues to praise your team....I sure get "nit-picked" alot.  ;D I did not say Todd and Spikes could not win a playoff game...didn't even mention their names. Fact is, a team (especially a 4A team ) with a D1 pitcher will choose a one game series. Unless your BH and you have three of them.  ;)

So youre saying pinch hit So Taguchi for Albert Pujols just because of the matchup?

(So Taguchi is Right Handed, too)  :-[

On a side note, I'm still not sure why playing for a Babe Ruth All Star team makes someone such a great player in everyone's eyes.  I'm not singling out anyone - especially Jude Vidrine, because he has been carrying the club offensively at times this Spring - but why is that always the criteria whenever a Bulldog is mentioned?  Isn't there anything else in SETX baseball that can showcase a HS player's abilities besides making an All Star team that is more or less predetermined before the regular season begins?  No disrespect intended, but that's always been a question of many people not from Mid-County.  ???

Nederland gets a moral victory due to losing by only one run, their football playoff streak came to an end, and Neumann has applied at Lamarque. 07/08 is not shaping up as a good school year athletic wise for Nederland.

Png wins against LCM and thinks they are crowned DC already. Then they can't believe they only beat Ned by one because they figured they would dominate because the beat LCM.  So they make excuses to try to make the win not as close.  I'm not claiming a victory, we lost.  You just didn't dominate like you thought.

It may hinge on not making 7 errors per game...sorry I couldn't resist.

PNG, Vidor, LCM, Nederland in that order..maybe.

(So Taguchi is Right Handed, too)  :-[

On a side note, I'm still not sure why playing for a Babe Ruth All Star team makes someone such a great player in everyone's eyes.  I'm not singling out anyone - especially Jude Vidrine, because he has been carrying the club offensively at times this Spring - but why is that always the criteria whenever a Bulldog is mentioned?  Isn't there anything else in SETX baseball that can showcase a HS player's abilities besides making an All Star team that is more or less predetermined before the regular season begins?  No disrespect intended, but that's always been a question of many people not from Mid-County.   ???

You need to go back and reread the post.  It wasn't making the team but Jude's play on that team that was mentioned.  It's not the only way to showcase talent but it is one way.  Senior Babe Ruth has been successful and draws talent from all over the area.  The following players played regular season and may have played all stars if they chose to as well: current high school starters Matt Hicks(BC), Blake Hubbard(BC), Matt Johnson(LCM), Dallas Brown(LCM), Taylor Thompson(LCM), Josh Garza(LCM), Chad Sims(Vidor), VJ Bunner(Vidor), Will Fotnow(Vidor), Chas Bruce(Vidor), Zach Celeste(Kelly), Taylor Eaves(H-F), Randall Courville(HF),Jude Vidrine (Ned), Reagan Stanley(Ned), Jordan Pitts(Ned), Adam Broussard(Ned), Justin Richard (Ned), Jerin Spikes(PNG), Mitch Todd(PNG), Jon Carnahan(PNG), Matt Woods(PNG), Austin Sangster(PNG), Trae Hester (Vidor), etc. and past players like Alex Moshier(Ned/SFA), Allen Harrington(PNG/San Diego), Brian Sanches(Ned/Washington), Mattison Smith(Ned/Lamar),etc.  For a complete list: http://midcountybaberuth.com/_wsn/page3.html .  Maybe that's not your idea of a good measuring stick but I wouldn't mind my name being associated with that kind of talent.

That response is the reason I was hesitant to write that post, because I knew that all the defensive replies would start flying in.  Obviously, this forum is intended to give people a place to voice their opinions, and I'm glad for it.  I just notice that whenever there are players who happen to play Babe Ruth, it never goes without mention that they were a Babe Ruth All Star.  Just my opinion, not intended to start what will likely become a huge ordeal.

That response is the reason I was hesitant to write that post, because I knew that all the defensive replies would start flying in.  Obviously, this forum is intended to give people a place to voice their opinions, and I'm glad for it.  I just notice that whenever there are players who happen to play Babe Ruth, it never goes without mention that they were a Babe Ruth All Star.  Just my opinion, not intended to start what will likely become a huge ordeal.

What MCsports didn't mention was a large amount of the time those kids are not only Babe-Ruth all-stars, but are playing in the BR World Series against talent from all over the nation.  A big honor.

What MCsports didn't mention was a large amount of the time those kids are not only Babe-Ruth all-stars, but are playing in the BR World Series against talent from all over the nation.  A big honor.

Yes your right it is a very big honor to play against some of the top talent in america and some future pros. The team that beat the 16 year old all stars this year could beat png hands down they were an amazing team and not only that but we have one of the top Sr Babe Ruths in the country expescially in the 16 year old divison  they have been in the finals of the world series two years in a row and i think a couple other years before that they also won it in 2002 so dont dog the babe ruth leauge you wouldnt like to read this as a player and see somebody say that your hardwork and achivements mean nothing because the allstar teams are selected before the season even beagin which they are not so get your facts straight and think about others swingit and trust me those players do read this site

Yes your right it is a very big honor to play against some of the top talent in america and some future pros. The team that beat the 16 year old all stars this year could beat png hands down they were an amazing team and not only that but we have one of the top Sr Babe Ruths in the country expescially in the 16 year old divison  they have been in the finals of the world series two years in a row and i think a couple other years before that they also won it in 2002 so dont dog the babe ruth leauge you wouldnt like to read this as a player and see somebody say that your hardwork and achivements mean nothing because the allstar teams are selected before the season even beagin which they are not so get your facts straight and think about others swingit and trust me those players do read this site

Well lets hope those ALL-STAR teams, with the best talent from their surrounding areas could beat a local 4A high school team. They would beat most teams in most districts.

Well lets hope those ALL-STAR teams, with the best talent from their surrounding areas could beat a local 4A high school team. They would beat most teams in most districts.

u are rt on there scrap ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

sorry bigdog, but it would have been a slaughter if it wasnt for 7 errors and everyone knows that so dont think that yall were even in the game without those errors....u have no case here

Well guess what, errors are part of a game. You can say all you want about how if yall didnt make this error or that error it would have been different. But the fact is yall made the errors.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder