Zach Hayes- Orangefield

Jacoby Joseph- Bmt. Ozen

Jo'Cobey Ross- Newton

James Sheffield- Spurger

Paul Sims- Warren

Kwame Spikes- Jasper

Corey Tolar- Big Sandy

Jarred Williamson- Vidor

Congrats to all players that made the list.  I didnt see any of the guys listed in 4A or 5A so i really cant comment on them.  In 1A, I think Tyler Copeland shouldve gotten higher than he did, he shouldve been higher than anyone in the district in my opinion.  I was told by someone that saw him play, he was the best player he'd seen all season.  And Tolar from Big Sandy got ALL STATE and can only make honorable mention yet whittaker gets 2nd (not that Whittaker didnt deserve it).  I'll also say that 2 of the best players i saw all year were Bailey and Spikes from Jasper.  I'd put them in the top 6 or 7 players easily in all of 21-3A and seeing them get only honorable mention, when i thought they were at least up there with Robinson (who got 1st team), was a little puzzling to me.  I know the guys who put this list together probably spent a lot of time on it and i appreciate all their work.  This was just some of my thoughts when i saw the list...

Congrats to all the guys on the list.There are some super players from top to bottom.I wouldn't want to get in a shootout with the honorable mention guys,Bailey,Spikes,Sims and Sheffield can all fill it up.Not sure averages had alot to do with the list,there are several kids on honorable mention list that averaged 20 a game.At any rate thanks for giving the kids there props there hard work should be noticed.

Yes. Kountze is Losing 2 Seniors.

Greyland Wilson- Very Good guard that was one of the 3 Shooters Kountze has. He played Smart and show that he can Dominant at times. He won't be hard to replace because kountze is Loaded at the guard position.

Evan Page- Big Kid in the Paint that played Alot when Devin Bray was in Foul Trouble was a Huge Spark played on the ball for the Lions and Rebounded better than Anyone on the team IMO. He will be hard to replace because when Bray gets in Foul Trouble Kountze will have to get someone that can take his{page} place and give kountze solid minutes. But Overall the Thing that will make Kountze one of the Best in the Area is Experience {they will have 6 or 7 Seniors. Possibly 3 starting} and 3 or 4 Juniors.. Of course Roman Walker and Devin Bray.

No. Roman Played on the Freshman team last year, the varsity Squad was pretty much loaded and it helped him become the player he is now. The only thing holding him back is playing Defense if he can work on it and get in Shape throughout the year. He will be playing D1 Ball and not Sitting the Bench..

Dawg, Did you ever find out which kid moved to Silsbee? I think Walker will be fine,he improved every game last year and was Kountze's best player the second half of district and in the playoffs.He's just a sophomore so I think talking D1 is a little bit of a stretch at this point.Some kids continue to improve,hopefully he is one of them.

Great list, CONGRATS  to all the players. IMO Chad Sims and Scott Howard should have been in there some where, Sims avg. dbl dbl every game and Howard was a defensive stopper always guarding the other teams top scorer and he still avg 15.2 ppg

Dawg, Did you ever find out which kid moved to Silsbee? I think Walker will be fine,he improved every game last year and was Kountze's best player the second half of district and in the playoffs.He's just a sophomore so I think talking D1 is a little bit of a stretch at this point.Some kids continue to improve,hopefully he is one of them.

Donte Barnes

Dontae Barnes will not hurt the lions. He IMO was hurting the lions throughout the beginning of the season. He just Didn't have any love for the game and I'm not sure but don't they let you only play 4 years of High School ball if that is so he would be done with Sports.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder