Lamar Posted Job Opening For Head Football Coach, Thoughts of who it should be.

No high school coach is getting this position and anyone who thinks that is not fully comprehending the entire situation.  Lamar is relying on some big time donations from the area.  Those donors would not pour millions into this and agree for a half-hearted attempt to start a new program.  An inexperienced hs coach won't cut it no matter how successful they were on a Friday night.  The ten days should instantly tell folks a lot has already occured behind the scenes.

On another note, will Barry still run the 'bone? :D

Guest roberthollister

How about this name for offensive coordinator -Barry Norton.  Texas High still?  I'm sure he'd come back to the Golden Triangle.  Granted, not as head coach but as offensive coordinator.  I'd have to say that Craig Stump is probably on the short list.  He knows the area, he's been a college coach at Ole' Miss (or Mississippi St.?) and he won't stay in the high school ranks very long.  As far as assistants go, how bout' Toby Foreman as WR coach?  

Guest abovetherim

How about this name for offensive coordinator -Barry Norton.  Texas High still?  I'm sure he'd come back to the Golden Triangle.  Granted, not as head coach but as offensive coordinator.  I'd have to say that Craig Stump is probably on the short list.  He knows the area, he's been a college coach at Ole' Miss (or Mississippi St.?) and he won't stay in the high school ranks very long.  As far as assistants go, how bout' Toby Foreman as WR coach?  

If Craig Stump would consider a position as OC that is possible. Head Coach, no way. Toby Foreman as WR coach you bet your ____ . I'd take him in a heart beat. Now, that could be a start to a good offensive coaching staff. Stump OC and Foreman WR coach.

Word has it Haynes is not interested in the job, he is to happy being back HOME......Insiders at lamar say they might give him a call....so who knows, but alot of my coaching buddies tell me that he's one of the best in the state of texas on the offensive side of the ball and might be better than briles or Dodge.

Wonder if Bradley Dale Peveto would be interested in a head coaching job here in SE Texas.  He has the recruiting ties, and has major college coaching experience, but just not head coaching experience.  He's been at LSU for about 5 years now.  Plus having ties to Louisiana prospects would help take some away form McNeese and Ula-la.

Guest DickVitale

Do I have to think of EVERYTHING around here?? I thought I was only the basketball guru!! :D :D...Let me get my guy JIMMY JOHNSON out of that Fox NFL studio!! He's a Mid-County boy!! ;D ;D...Let me get him from the ol' speed dial!! ;D ;D...

Seriously though, I am awful curious to know who ol Billy boy has in mind...He has to have something up his sleeve... ;)

UNLV, Adam Henry has nice a nice little resume there.  But would he leave the Raiders to start up a program.  The benefit is that he might would like to be closer to home.  I dont know what his salary for the Raiders is.  Do you think it would be a raise or lower than what he is currently making?  Has Louisiana ties which could be good to get some of McNeese's recruits.

UNLV, Adam Henry has nice a nice little resume there.  But would he leave the Raiders to start up a program.  The benefit is that he might would like to be closer to home.  I dont know what his salary for the Raiders is.  Do you think it would be a raise or lower than what he is currently making?  Has Louisiana ties which could be good to get some of McNeese's recruits.

You're right, Adam will move up in the world of the NFL. A little bias on my part. I grew up with Adam. We played on the same peewee league, same church, basically I taught him  everything he knows.

Guest abovetherim

Adam Henry is the guy I was trying to remember a couple of weeks ago. He was a freshman from Beaumont the same time my brother was at McNeese. I'm not sure he is qualified to build a program from scratch but I'd love to hear what he has to say.

4 advantages he has. 1. He is from Beaumont. 2. He played and coached at McNeese (arch rival and FCS power in the SLC) 3. He played in the NFL 4. Has always been a winner

If you view it like the basketball threads then the new coach should be none other than Dan Hooks, hasn't lost a 21-3a district game since he's been there.  Of course I am kidding but that is the arguement that keeps being made on the basketball threads about Lamar so I just had to throw that in there. ;D

Wonder if Bradley Dale Peveto would be interested in a head coaching job here in SE Texas.  He has the recruiting ties, and has major college coaching experience, but just not head coaching experience.  He's been at LSU for about 5 years now.  Plus having ties to Louisiana prospects would help take some away form McNeese and Ula-la.

That's interesting.  I have not thought about Bradley.  Not sure he would leave LSU to come to Lamar, but I can guarantee you that he could get some donors.  Plus you're right he does recruit this area and the Houston area for LSU.  Not sure about him building a program from scratch, but would love to see him come in as the DC, then be the head coach in the future.

Guest DickVitale

If you view it like the basketball threads then the new coach should be none other than Dan Hooks, hasn't lost a 21-3a district game since he's been there.  Of course I am kidding but that is the arguement that keeps being made on the basketball threads about Lamar so I just had to throw that in there. ;D

Couldn't get Jimmy Johnson on the line....next choice.....Arthur Louis (former Ozen coach, current WB asst)!! :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder