Lumberton vs. WO-S Game Thread

I guess some people would be ok with getting your butt handed to you but I would not . Some people are competitive and some are not. WOS what are you?

i think they are tired after another long losing season & just trying to go out there & have a little fun.  the last few years, their coach has allowed the program to crash & they are left holding the bag.

What I'm wondering is, how did WO-S Score on Lumberton, not to be insulting to WO-S, it's just surprising because Lumberton's defense is pretty stout.

well we put the ball up to the strikers. one of them took a shot and the ball stopped right at the feet of our worst player, and he was right on the goal, he couldnt miss

ok as a backup on the team.. are we supposed to work the ball down to the goal then kick it away from the goal out of bounds? or are we supposed to just pass the ball to WO-S? we are just playing soccer.. we just tried people at different positions to look and see whos going to be where next season..

With all due respect, it's not that hard to "not score" without kicking the ball out of bounds.  Knock the ball around the defense a bit.  Knock the ball around in the midfield.  Your team can actually benefit from the practice of playing a little keepaway.  After you have a 3 or 4 goal lead, work the ball out on the wings, and only score on headers off of crosses.  Try to score only on one-timers.  Not only will this be beneficial to your team, it will also keep the scoreline more respectable.  Or an even better idea, in a game that you know you're going to win big, start the game out with kids in different positions and your subs in instead of waiting until you have a big lead. This will keep the score a little lower AND let you work on stuff for next year.  

i understand what ur getting at but if u were at the game u would have saw and maybe heard what their defenders were sayin to our strikers and i didnt find good sportsmanship in that. but its over now so we can just forget about that and worry about this friday

I wasn't there, but i doubt i'd be real pleasant towards any players from a team that was running up the score against me.  Did ya'll expect high fives from their defense?

well not exactly but what they were sayin still wasnt cool...talkin about cut blocking and kicking in the shins dosnt sound like a very sportsmanlike thing to do

spazz...i would use your name to be more personal but i dont want to get you in trouble. Just shut up... they played a clean game. Leave it at that. And as to how WOS scored..Throw in, Sweeper at the time misplays the ball gets bodied off, still manages to clear to about the eighteen? Midfield was lazy didnt step to WOS beats them to the ball puts it up to about the six. Lumberton defender sandwiched between two WOS players just couldnt find the space to get it out. Result: Goal....

I,ve watched football games at WOS lower levels where scoring on an another team should be slowed down, Dan standing in the end zone watching his 7th or 8th grade team winninig by 30 or more and have 7 or 8 kids never get in the game only to leave the starters in. So imo what goes around comes around. I dont have a problem with runnin it up in high school but the lower grades I dont think its the thing to do.jmo

DOn't take shots at the lower level....This was not even part of the discussion. Get the facts straight. Plus soccer is a little different. 15-0 would be like 105 -0 and I don't think any juniour high could score that many points in a game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder