How is BOJO looking for the 2008 season ?

I know that the players would like a little support, day in and day out they have to cringe at any reference to football because they know that the "crap" is comming. Its real hard to want to represent your school when your are being bashed on a daily, sometimes hourly basis. The only thing you can do is work as hard as you can for yourself and your teamates. Of course your friends won't understand that, and thats why they dont play.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that the players would like a little support, day in and day out they have to cringe at any reference to football because they know that the "crap" is comming. Its real hard to want to represent your school when your are being bashed on a daily, sometimes hourly basis. The only thing you can do is work as hard as you can for yourself and your teamates. Of course your friends won't understand that, and thats why they dont play.

Hey Big Tex,

I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't understand what it is you're trying to say with the above quote.  Would you mind explaining it to me?  I really would appreciate it.

I do know the players would like some support.  Support from the AD who made promises to athletes and reneged on those promises.  I think they understand working hard for themselves and the team.  But that's hard when "the team" isn't playing as a team. How do you play as a team when the AD is separating the team and dividing it against themselves?  And you're right, friends don't understand why you bust your butt everyday to play football.  When you love to play and live to play you can't explain that.  Just like trying to explain Texas High School Football to a Yankee.  But that is not why they don't play.  If you love to play and live to play football, you don't give a hoot what non football people say.  Because they don't "get it."  But when the daily and hourly "bashing" is coming to you from your own AD who is "bashing" you by not keeping his promises, then it does get hard to go out there day in and day out.  It does get harder and harder to keep "taking one for the team" so the students who get to play are the ones not doing what the AD asked of them all off season long. 

I heard that 2 more starters for the Bears quit.  One a lineman and the other a receiver. Is it true, and the names I heard were big time players.  I believe the same as the others, the kids who quit are in it for themselves and not the team, however, I've never seen a program, where numerous starters over the last two years have quit.  Must be a problem larger than what I'm seeing.

I'm a little confused how can these two, be big time players that quit be big time players if they quit on their teammates...

Because that is what they did quit on teammates....not coaches. Yes there are players that work very hard for a school and fans that are more worried about players that QUIT! It puzzles me how when I first moved here all I heard was how the problem with LCM football was DW now its TM.

I must confess, I read all 4 pages of this just to find out what BOJO means.  That being said I think its a little corny but in the grand scheme of things its sends a nice message for the entire school system. 

Stangs84 talked about people who don't work out and have a good off the field work ethic still getting to play because of raw talent.  Across the interstate at WOS I know of guys that wanted to be punks and not make a commitment to play ball and they didn't.  There were always guys that could have helped out the team that didn't play.  Coaches don't want these guys.  They can bring a team down from within.  At WOS the same thing happened in Basketball.  Guys that were better didn't play (didn't even get on the team) because they didn't want to put out the effort.  I am just speculating but I believe that at LCM they don't have that option.  With a declining program they are going to as coaches "take it on the chin" and just deal with these players. 

I don't know how many of you saw the movie "Invincible"...there was a character on there that kept "peeing in the corn flakes" of the Vince Paple character, by telling him that he would be right back in the old neighborhood, just like he was, no job, no chance...

This reminds me of all the nay sayers, all the "yeah butters", all the complainers.  And for what?  To tell a team that they don't have much of a chance?  Or that their playing life is going to be determined by a coach who doesn't give a crap about hard work? 

Okay...here goes...

Coach Moody, you probably read this, so that gauntlet has been thrown out...will it be the slackers who have no sense of team unity, and have no work ethic, or will it be the guys who give it their all, the guys who will leave everything on the field for you?  YOUR CALL, COACH...

As for the players...take responsibility for your team, find the will to play above your level...and then do it.  I don't care if you have been told that you are "too small", "too slow", "too inexperienced"...whatever...blow it off, find that extra second of run time, find that extra 10 pounds when you are lifting weights, find that extra bit of learning...YOUR CALL, TEAM...

In that same movie I mentioned above, there was a line that the coach of the Eagles supposedly said..." a team with character will find a way to beat a team with talent"...do it...

As for us fans...let's go to the games, let's support our team, our band, our cheerleaders...all these things that are a part of "Friday Night Lights".  One of the nice things about this, is that we get to look at the head coach, and if you know who was the hoss in practices, off season and pre season, and that person is not playing...you get to stare at the head coach/AD...ALL...GAME...LONG...because he will know if he's done right or wrong.  Regardless, go  out and support the guys who have worked to be on that field, in green and gold, representing the Bears...YOUR CALL, FANS...

I must confess, I read all 4 pages of this just to find out what BOJO means.  That being said I think its a little corny but in the grand scheme of things its sends a nice message for the entire school system. 

Stangs84 talked about people who don't work out and have a good off the field work ethic still getting to play because of raw talent. I did not see where stangs84 said that the people that don't work out and have a good off the field work work ethic (they have neither). It is the players that do work out and give everything they got 125% of the time that are getting screwed.  Across the interstate at WOS I know of guys that wanted to be punks and not make a commitment to play ball and they didn't.  There were always guys that could have helped out the team that didn't play.  Coaches don't want these guys.  They can bring a team down from within. Yes, this is true but if you are over looking the guys that give it their all everyday, every practice,and every workout.  This can also bring down the team spirit. These guys are not getting coached like they should and when you need them because of injuries or because the guys that quit before quit again then these players then get yelled at because they don't know the plays.(let me explain this the hard working player that does as the coaches asked is on the bottom of the rooster and does not get to practice the LCM plays but is on the scout team and does not get the chance to practice the LCM plays how can he help the team when it is needed.)At WOS the same thing happened in Basketball.  Guys that were better didn't play (didn't even get on the team) because they didn't want to put out the effort.  I am just speculating but I believe that at LCM they don't have that option.  Yes, they have an option they can coach the players they have and give them the praise they deserve and the butt chewing when needed. Football is a sport you should have to earn the right to start. ( These is by doing what is asked, not quiting when it gets tuff and the team isn't winning, or you have a problem with the coach.)With a declining program they are going to as coaches "take it on the chin" and just deal with these players.  Why is the program declining? I think it comes down to the attitude of the coaches the program is declining because the coaches are not being truthful to the players ( IE if you do this you will get this), COACHES DON'T SAY IT IF YOU DON'T MEAN IT!  THIS IS WHY THEY GET "TO TAKE IT ON THE CHIN"

I don't know how many of you saw the movie "Invincible"...there was a character on there that kept "peeing in the corn flakes" of the Vince Paple character, by telling him that he would be right back in the old neighborhood, just like he was, no job, no chance...

This reminds me of all the nay sayers, all the "yeah butters", all the complainers.  And for what?  To tell a team that they don't have much of a chance?  Or that their playing life is going to be determined by a coach who doesn't give a crap about hard work? 

Okay...here goes...

Coach Moody, you probably read this, so that gauntlet has been thrown out...will it be the slackers who have no sense of team unity, and have no work ethic, or will it be the guys who give it their all, the guys who will leave everything on the field for you?  YOUR CALL, COACH...

As for the players...take responsibility for your team, find the will to play above your level...and then do it.  I don't care if you have been told that you are "too small", "too slow", "too inexperienced"...whatever...blow it off, find that extra second of run time, find that extra 10 pounds when you are lifting weights, find that extra bit of learning...YOUR CALL, TEAM...

In that same movie I mentioned above, there was a line that the coach of the Eagles supposedly said..." a team with character will find a way to beat a team with talent"...do it...

As for us fans...let's go to the games, let's support our team, our band, our cheerleaders...all these things that are a part of "Friday Night Lights".  One of the nice things about this, is that we get to look at the head coach, and if you know who was the hoss in practices, off season and pre season, and that person is not playing...you get to stare at the head coach/AD...ALL...GAME...LONG...because he will know if he's done right or wrong.  Regardless, go  out and support the guys who have worked to be on that field, in green and gold, representing the Bears...YOUR CALL, FANS...

Amen, Coach what are you going to do? I will do my part and support the team at all games no matter winning are losing ( would prefer the winning ) 

Stangs84 talked about people who don't work out and have a good off the field work ethic still getting to play because of raw talent.  Across the interstate at WOS I know of guys that wanted to be punks and not make a commitment to play ball and they didn't.  There were always guys that could have helped out the team that didn't play.  Coaches don't want these guys.  They can bring a team down from within.  At WOS the same thing happened in Basketball.  Guys that were better didn't play (didn't even get on the team) because they didn't want to put out the effort.  I am just speculating but I believe that at LCM they don't have that option.  With a declining program they are going to as coaches "take it on the chin" and just deal with these players. 

You miss understood my post or I wrote it wrong.  A majority of the players who are starters and 1st string are players that don't care.  Some quit during the JV season last year when things weren't going great.  Oh, But they wanna play now.  Not team spirit.  Some cussed coaches during practices with no consequences but were allowed to continue to play and are still playing. Not team spirit.  During the off season players were expected to workout before school or after school a minimum of 3 times per week to be able to play Spring Ball.  Many never were there and they are still starting.  Not team spirit and showing no respect for the coaches or the team. 

2nd, 3rd, and the scout team is made up of players who played their hearts out during JV last year and haven't quit.  They give it their all and then some during practices.  They also came in 4 or more times each week for extra work outs and they played another sport during the off season.  But they don't get rewarded for doing what's asked of them.  Oh, no.  The players who have crappy work ethics and don't do what's asked of them and don't play as a team but play for themselves-That's the majority of the Varsity starters and 1st string. 

I hope that clarifies things WOSHIGHc/02001.

Guest etbu

Geez about time for some Hogskin action huh? Ha Just keep your hands to the plow Bears and live it up this year. Have fun and never give up and good things will happen. I am a Bear Fan this year so get you some.  8)

alot of you guys keep talking about the dedicated 3rd teamers that play their hearts out and never get to play. and our right, its wrong. but the problem is, all these guys playing their hearts out arent doing what it takes to help themselves out. they arent in the weightroom every day. i know some of the starters are lazy, but i know a group of about 6 of them (most which are starting or second string bothways) that are in there every single day, and if you ask them, the 3rd team guys that play with alot of heart and do a great job making them better every day in practice aren't in the weightroom and thats why they don't get to play. heart makes up for talent, but work ethic can get you more athletic and help you play at a higher level. Most of the lazy starters that were just in it for themselves have quit, but there are still a few that need to get their act together. as for the jv players that quit and came back, most of the returning quitters re-quit. and the ones that haven't are showing much better dedication. A major problem at LCM is the rate of turnover in the coaching staff. It seems every year the staff clears out and is replaced. In fact 8 coaches are set to leave this year, 3 at the varsity level.

I still reserve the hope that LCM will get its act together this year, and win or lose I'm still a faithful fan. In fact I went the watch the sub-varsity spring game last night and it was very interesting, with the white team winning 16-14.If you want a sneak peek I recomend checking out the varsity spring game May 22 at Battlin' Bear Stadium.

Well I can't speak for all of the starters, but I know of one who is up @ 6:30am every morning  to go work out. I've watched a couple of practices this spring. They look young, but they also look like they WANT to learn and get better. This group of young men are driven and with some [glow=red,2,300]support[/glow] we can fuel this drive. 

also... ELHECTOR1---- I accept your challenge I'LL be there to support the BEARS because it's all about FAMILY...... 8)

Hey Big Tex I was at the game last night supporting our Bears.  It was a good game.  And I can't wait to see the game next week. 

FYI I know about many that get up and go early to workout and such.  One in particular that I know about has been in the Field House every morning by 7:15 unless he's sick since the end of the Fall Football season.  He's busted his butt, worked hard, and done everything asked of him and then some.  Yet, everyday at practice he's the punching bag most of the time.  But he keeps plugging on because he loves the game, lives for the game and hopes and prays that the AD will live up to the promises that were made to him over the last few months. 

The coaching staff turnover is awful.  This should speak volumes to the Administration, but they aren't hearing.  And until we get some coaches that will stay the boys are the ones that have to keep it together both on and off the field. 

Hey Big Tex I was at the game last night supporting our Bears.  It was a good game.  And I can't wait to see the game next week. 

FYI I know about many that get up and go early to workout and such.  One in particular that I know about has been in the Field House every morning by 7:15 unless he's sick since the end of the Fall Football season.  He's busted his butt, worked hard, and done everything asked of him and then some.  Yet, everyday at practice he's the punching bag most of the time.  But he keeps plugging on because he loves the game, lives for the game and hopes and prays that the AD will live up to the promises that were made to him over the last few months. 

If he really works that hard and cant start on a team that went 1-9 last year there must be something wrong with the kid

grades/attitude/ lack of ability

If he really works that hard and cant start on a team that went 1-9 last year there must be something wrong with the kid

or maybe it's a coaching problem...I don't know, but your comment about the kid reflects a lack of understanding about what motivates a ball player.  If we're going to go 1-9 again, to tell you the truth, I'd rather have a "less talented" kid in there fighting and scratching to win, than a prima donna starter that doesn't put in the effort. 

Does this mean that all starters are prima donnas?  Nope...but enough are that it is affecting the team's morale.  What needs to happen?

1.  The dedicated, hard working starters need to step up, and get their team mates on the same page.  If they refuse to do so, they need to go to the coaches and let them know;

2.  After finding out about laziness and lack of dedication, the coaches need to do their job, and demote the lazy ones down. 

Aggiebaseball04

PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR BUTT

This kid does have a good attitude if you could not read and understand.

This individual has ability but the coaches are to busy with working with their pet players to look at the other kids and see the ability they have and see that they are better or just as good and a least put out the effort on a daily bases

As far as grades go he is an a b student but I know some of the ones starting right now could not play games last year because of grades.

The bears will b young this year, but of right know they are playing as a team, and there are far less indiviuals on the team as there was last year, that was the main promblem last year there were too many players playing for themselves, and this year there doesnt seem to b like that, and all the starters of right know are busting there butts to help the team, and to play for the TEAM, not themselves, and as long as they keep playing as a whole they should be alright.

Everyone has thier opinion about what the problem is at LCM.  As soon as the kids figure out the kind of effort and enthusiasm it will take to win, LCM will be just fine.  The program has really suffored over the past year and a half.  From almost getting into the playoffs, to going to rock bottom last year.  The talent there is young, but if the kids will forget all the outside distractions and negativity and put the work in and listen to the coaches, they will start to improve.  The kids need to realize that they can decide how good they want to be, and strive for that goal.  Kids as a whole today want everything given to them without working for it.  I think the overall mentality of kids at LCM needs to change to be more tough minded.  I played at LCM when we were in the playoffs 3 out of 4 years, and the possibility is there to repeat that.  Moody is only part of it, and I think that he is doing the best that he can.  Its just just going to take a group of kids that just decide that they want to be better than they ever have been, and dedicate themselves to that.  Just my opinion...

I hear talk about dedication and hard work and busting butts......My question is, ow many of those kids ran track?  If you do not have those kids on the track in the spring, you are not going to get faster.  Speed wins games.  If you cannot run, you cannot win and especially down there.  I do not know much about the current LC-M situation but I can can speak with some authority about the overall mind set of the community.  It is voiced here in the idea that the 3rd teamerrs should play because they work hard.  That ain't how it works.  As a coach, you have to give the team the best chance to win.  There is a reason they are 3rd teamers.  It is also the coaches job to motivate those starters to do what is right.  If the coach is not allowed to do what it takes because a parent may be in the Supt. office wondering why baby is being disciplined and an "elementary approach" is seen as the best measure, then the coaches hands are tied.  But like I said, that is the mind set of the community.

I hear talk about dedication and hard work and busting butts......My question is, ow many of those kids ran track?  If you do not have those kids on the track in the spring, you are not going to get faster.  Speed wins games.  If you cannot run, you cannot win and especially down there.  I do not know much about the current LC-M situation but I can can speak with some authority about the overall mind set of the community.  It is voiced here in the idea that the 3rd teamerrs should play because they work hard.  That ain't how it works.  As a coach, you have to give the team the best chance to win.  There is a reason they are 3rd teamers.  It is also the coaches job to motivate those starters to do what is right.  If the coach is not allowed to do what it takes because a parent may be in the Supt. office wondering why baby is being disciplined and an "elementary approach" is seen as the best measure, then the coaches hands are tied.  But like I said, that is the mind set of the community.

I don't think any of the people here beleive that "3rd teamers" should start simply because of hard work...the element of having your best guys out there comes into play.  However, if your "best guys" have oddles of talent and no commitment, and no work ethic, then you must find a way to give them some.  Look at it in your workplace...if you have a guy who is "boss' favorite" and he has no incentive to work hard, why should he?  How does that affect you?  Do you want to strive to do your best, if the house mouse will always get the best and you get the leftovers? 

It translates the same way to a team.  If the starters aren't afraid of being demoted to 2nd or 3rd string, what motiviates them?  If they feel there is a guarantee of a starting spot, why work hard?  In football, you have to leave the field wide open for advancement.  The "3rd teamer" must be almost as good as the first string.  That is good coaching.  Anyone can take a talented kid and let him play.  It takes a hell of a coach to take a raw kid, with little talent, and create a football monster.  It takes dedication on the part of the parents, the coach, and the kid.  However, the opportunity to move up MUST be there.  And playing lazy kids just because they have decent talent brings down a team. 

Now before all the first string parents jump my case, if your kid is hitting the weight room, running, and doing all the rest of the things necessary to excel, guess what?  I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT YOUR KID!  If, however, your kid knows of a teammate that is there on talent alone, and feels they don't have to work hard, then it needs to be addressed.  There was a kid on last year's team that embodied the work ethic, and it showed on the field.  If you were to look at him, you wouldn't think "bad ass", but on the field, that was exactly what he was to opposing players.  This year's team needs to look at JV as the example of work ethic, and copy and embody that.  All of them, from 1st string to 10th string.  Then, with that example in mind, they can come out and play ball like they should...

Guest tigersvoice

I don't think any of the people here beleive that "3rd teamers" should start simply because of hard work...the element of having your best guys out there comes into play.  However, if your "best guys" have oddles of talent and no commitment, and no work ethic, then you must find a way to give them some.  Look at it in your workplace...if you have a guy who is "boss' favorite" and he has no incentive to work hard, why should he?  How does that affect you?  Do you want to strive to do your best, if the house mouse will always get the best and you get the leftovers? 

It translates the same way to a team.  If the starters aren't afraid of being demoted to 2nd or 3rd string, what motiviates them?  If they feel there is a guarantee of a starting spot, why work hard?  In football, you have to leave the field wide open for advancement.  The "3rd teamer" must be almost as good as the first string.  That is good coaching.  Anyone can take a talented kid and let him play.  It takes a heck of a coach to take a raw kid, with little talent, and create a football monster.  It takes dedication on the part of the parents, the coach, and the kid.  However, the opportunity to move up MUST be there.  And playing lazy kids just because they have decent talent brings down a team. 

Now before all the first string parents jump my case, if your kid is hitting the weight room, running, and doing all the rest of the things necessary to excel, guess what?  I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT YOUR KID!  If, however, your kid knows of a teammate that is there on talent alone, and feels they don't have to work hard, then it needs to be addressed.  There was a kid on last year's team that embodied the work ethic, and it showed on the field.  If you were to look at him, you wouldn't think "bad butt", but on the field, that was exactly what he was to opposing players.  This year's team needs to look at JV as the example of work ethic, and copy and embody that.  All of them, from 1st string to 10th string.  Then, with that example in mind, they can come out and play ball like they should...

Very well expressed,  Elhector1

It translates the same way to a team.  If the starters aren't afraid of being demoted to 2nd or 3rd string, what motiviates them?  If they feel there is a guarantee of a starting spot, why work hard?  In football, you have to leave the field wide open for advancement.  The "3rd teamer" must be almost as good as the first string.  That is good coaching.  Anyone can take a talented kid and let him play.  It takes a heck of a coach to take a raw kid, with little talent, and create a football monster.  It takes dedication on the part of the parents, the coach, and the kid.  However, the opportunity to move up MUST be there.  And playing lazy kids just because they have decent talent brings down a team. 

Now before all the first string parents jump my case, if your kid is hitting the weight room, running, and doing all the rest of the things necessary to excel, guess what?  I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT YOUR KID!  If, however, your kid knows of a teammate that is there on talent alone, and feels they don't have to work hard, then it needs to be addressed.  There was a kid on last year's team that embodied the work ethic, and it showed on the field.  If you were to look at him, you wouldn't think "bad butt", but on the field, that was exactly what he was to opposing players.  This year's team needs to look at JV as the example of work ethic, and copy and embody that.  All of them, from 1st string to 10th string.  Then, with that example in mind, they can come out and play ball like they should...

both are well said.......

[move]This year's team needs to look at JV as the example of work ethic, and copy and embody that.[/move]

Just a little FYI...... There where some varsity players that where asked to play last Friday.... and did!!!!

both are well said.......

[move]This year's team needs to look at JV as the example of work ethic, and copy and embody that.[/move]

Just a little FYI...... There where some varsity players that where asked to play last Friday.... and did!!!!

excellent...but, in the interest of fairness and forthrightness, my "JV" is Joseph Viator...not a snobbish or lazy bone in his body, but a football HOSS...and I saw him work to get there...so take the incentive from both JVs...

stated well its takes a group of kids that WANT to be good....thats who will be good...and i have plenty of experience from starting at the bottom and moving all the way to the top...if your good you will play...if your not you won't play simple as that. its just seperated by taking adventage of opportunities givin

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder