Top 10 Baseball week ending April 27

Ruth, This is crazy.  The only comments/discussions are from schools that we don't know much about.

Our paper doesn't cover their schools, I have never seen them on the evening sports. Ihave no clue how to get to Huffman,Ce.King, or Smiley.I have eaten at a great Mexican restuarant in B.H.  I wish you would clean this up. There has to be reasonable boundries in choosing the Top Ten. It should be limited to our local school districts. I would limit the 5a district to include Westbrook and Memorial because I believe you a ranking the top ten baseball teams in our area.  Bidistrict teams should be just that. Bi Bi. See you down the road.   

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruth, This is crazy.  The only comments/discussions are from schools that we don't know much about.

Our paper doesn't cover their schools, I have never seen them on the evening sports. Ihave no clue how to get to Huffman,Ce.King, or Smiley.I have eaten at a great Mexican restuarant in B.H.  I wish you would clean this up. There has to be reasonable boundries in choosing the Top Ten. It should be limited to our local school districts. I would limit the 5a district to include Westbrook and Memorial because I believe you a ranking the top ten baseball teams in our area.  Bidistrict teams should be just that. Bi Bi. See you down the road.   

Sunday will be fun when it's posted.

Guest 81sDad

Rankings/Next opponent

1.….Barbers Hill.......Huffman/ CE King

2.….PNG…………Vidor/Central

3.….Vidor…………PNG/Ozen

4.…..LCM…………Nederland/Lumberton

5.…..Bridge City……WOS/Hardin-Jefferson

6.….Westbrook……..Memorial/Humble

7.…..Jasper………….Silsbee/Kirbyville

8.…..Silsbee………..Jasper/Orangefield

9.….Nederland………LCM/Dayton

10.…Hardin-Jefferson…..OF/BC

Best of rest: Buna, OF, Kelly, Evadale, East Chambers, HF

Ruth the top eighth  I am ok with the exception  of HJ and Silsbee bc I think we could beat both being Huffman. Diamond you need to settle down bc there are many viewers from all over and many voices outside the GT.  As far as the Huffman vs BH comments they really need to discussed on another thread. BH is a very good baseball team Nash and I think they can and will beat any team from the PNG and Nederland district. You are right our district did do very well last year but overall I think their district may be much stronger this year from top to bottom than ours. Not throwing our team under the bus but they have some very good teams this year like Vidor, PNG and Nederland. Just my take that's all.

81sdad, You agree with eight of the top ten picks , but you feel your team could beat two of our 3a schools.WOW. Thats quite a bold "selling' point as to why Ruth should include your team in the top ten. My point is, we can't compare our talent until we compete with each other. We don't have the history

of playing games with common opponents.

Your comment , that there are many veiwers and voices outside of the Golden Triangle is true. I think it's great. We have a great baseball atmosphere in the area. You can talk and veiw all you want, just don't take anything.

Guest 81sDad

81sdad, You agree with eight of the top ten picks , but you feel your team could beat two of our 3a schools.WOW. Thats quite a bold "selling' point as to why Ruth should include your team in the top ten. My point is, we can't compare our talent until we compete with each other. We don't have the history

of playing games with common opponents.

Your comment , that there are many veiwers and voices outside of the Golden Triangle is true. I think it's great. We have a great baseball atmosphere in the area. You can talk and veiw all you want, just don't take anything.

We don't compete? Are you kidding me? Last year Huffman beats PNG  two straight, year before we beat Jasper two of three, year before we beat another GT team who I cannot recall and we don't compete? What world are you living in? The poll is made up of all schools from five to three-a so what gives? Not to rain on your parade but Huffman over the past ten years has not been beaten by that many GT teams in baseball or softball. OF took us out one year but other than that name it.  Besides who made you the mayor of the website? BTW Diamond what school or area do you hail from?

81sdad,

We can't compare last years teams to this year. Our teams play at the end of the season. Till then, let us enjoy our moment. We all may get swept by the powerhouses lurking to our west, I have seen BH play and know of your teams sucess last year. Mr. Ruth is our Mayor, and a fine one he is.

Guest 81sDad

81sdad,

We can't compare last years teams to this year. Our teams play at the end of the season. Till then, let us enjoy our moment. We all may get swept by the powerhouses lurking to our west, I have seen BH play and know of your teams sucess last year. Mr. Ruth is our Mayor, and a fine one he is.

OK we have concluded that you have eaten at a Mexican Rest in BH, Mr. Ruth is a fine mayor, and many other non essential facts but one question reamins for you Mr. Diamond. What school district do you live in? Who is the team that you support?

81sdad,

With all due respect, the district I live in, and the school I support would be

another non essential fact. I have have had the priviledge to have been associated with many,many teams during the last 7 or 8 years with some of the best players in the area. They are now playing in their final year of high school

and I guess I don't like "outsiders" raining on their parade. Please don't be offended.

I play 3rd base for huffman. And we are not worried about where you rank us or anything like that. We just go play our game. And the people that see us play no how good we are. But everyone here that is so high and mighty about barbers hill needs a reality check. If you looked at the stat sheet from our game vs. them it will tell you that ross pitched a complete game, hit 93 on the gun, struck out around 8 or 9, and only gave up two hits. What you dont see is that the first two innings every out he recorded was a line drive right at somebody. And we had him on the ropes 2 or 3 times. Just a couple of mistakes and some TERRIBLE calls kept them ahead. Now i have never been a believer in people saying umpires cost us the game. We made some mistakes early. Matter of fact only about 2 of thier runs were earned. But when you run an early steal and the pitcher (Ross) just runs off the mound at the runner without ever stepping off the rubber and no balk is called.. As an umpire that means you suck. An Atlanta Braves scout was at our game and he said that Ross was just an average pitcher that just so happens to throw hard. If thats thier ace then they are gonna have their hands full with PNG, LCM, or whoever they play in that district. So come out and watch them sometime against a good team like us or crosby or even galena park before you give them all this respect they really havent earned yet.

Maybe Ross will send you some tickets to come watch him pitch at A&M.  If not, come to one of the BH games and see if one of the 27 pro-scouts will let you hold their radar gun.  I guess none of which matters, assuming when that hot-headed coach you play for reads this.  He may very well string you from one of the many single-wide trailer porches in Huffman.

Guest 81sDad

81sdad,

With all due respect, the district I live in, and the school I support would be

another non essential fact. I have have had the priviledge to have been associated with many,many teams during the last 7 or 8 years with some of the best players in the area. They are now playing in their final year of high school

and I guess I don't like "outsiders" raining on their parade. Please don't be offended.

Court adjourned and GO Falcons and District 22-4a no offense taken.  ;D

Been a few close calls in district in both 4A and 3A, but no upsets. So the Top 10 stays the same.

PNG and Vidor lock horns Tuesday. Hester and Robichau for Vidor, Harrington and Todd for PNG wil make

runs a premier undertaking. Look for Nederland at their park to give a LCM a game, and we might see our 1st upset as Silsbee and Jasper tangle

Looks like we missed it with Silsbee and Jasper.

It's about time we get some response on these rankings, 81'sDad and Mr Diamond have spoken. Let's get your Top 10 clubs in the area.

1.) Barbers Hill

2.) PNG

3.) Vidor

4.) Bridge City

5.) LCM

6.) Jasper

7.) Westbrook

8.) Nederland

9.) Silsbee

10.) HJ

Huffman does not deserve to be in the top ten.  If they are impressed with a win over Smiley or Forest Brook then they are the team to beat aren't they (lol).  They have not played nobody so they have no reason to think they should be in the top 10.

I play 3rd base for huffman. And we are not worried about where you rank us or anything like that. We just go play our game. And the people that see us play no how good we are. But everyone here that is so high and mighty about barbers hill needs a reality check. If you looked at the stat sheet from our game vs. them it will tell you that ross pitched a complete game, hit 93 on the gun, struck out around 8 or 9, and only gave up two hits. What you dont see is that the first two innings every out he recorded was a line drive right at somebody. And we had him on the ropes 2 or 3 times. Just a couple of mistakes and some TERRIBLE calls kept them ahead. Now i have never been a believer in people saying umpires cost us the game. We made some mistakes early. Matter of fact only about 2 of thier runs were earned. But when you run an early steal and the pitcher (Ross) just runs off the mound at the runner without ever stepping off the rubber and no balk is called.. As an umpire that means you suck. An Atlanta Braves scout was at our game and he said that Ross was just an average pitcher that just so happens to throw hard. If thats thier ace then they are gonna have their hands full with PNG, LCM, or whoever they play in that district. So come out and watch them sometime against a good team like us or crosby or even galena park before you give them all this respect they really havent earned yet.

JNash you think that you could beat BH. You could not beat BH if they threw there fourth string.  All of the top four pitchers have sighned to play college ball. All of the pitchers at BH could be your number one.  BH has 23 home runs this year.  2 of them against you the other night.  Tell your pitcher that hit Ponder that he has something the next time they play.  Ponder did take a ball to the head, and did have a mild concusion, but that don't slow him down.  And he is the starting catcher, all of your runs were on past balls so don't think you had a chance against ross.  Ponder, Thamm, Hales, and Silva all are capableof hitting a home run at any time. Thamm hit one 420ft the other day at home, Ponder hit two his first game back one about 375 and the other was 450 over dead center at new caney. So don't think you have a chance against BH

Guest 81sDad

JNash you think that you could beat BH. You could not beat BH if they threw there fourth string.  All of the top four pitchers have sighned to play college ball. All of the pitchers at BH could be your number one.  BH has 23 home runs this year.  2 of them against you the other night.  Tell your pitcher that hit Ponder that he has something the next time they play.  Ponder did take a ball to the head, and did have a mild concusion, but that don't slow him down.  And he is the starting catcher, all of your runs were on past balls so don't think you had a chance against ross.  Ponder, Thamm, Hales, and Silva all are capableof hitting a home run at any time. Thamm hit one 420ft the other day at home, Ponder hit two his first game back one about 375 and the other was 450 over dead center at new caney. So don't think you have a chance against BH

Warthdog don't let your mouth oveload you bc we have beaten you three of out the last five so easy. Hey Ruth how about some luv this week? BTW Nash is a kid so easy but he had a heck of a game last night. Heck of a game so Nash let me do the posting and you keep playing hard and we be ok.  ;D We have the best SS in this area and if you don't believe me come watch Jeff Schmidt.

Guest 81sDad

1.) Barbers Hill

2.) Bridge City

3.) Vidor

4.) Jasper

5.) PNG

6.) LCM

7.) WestBrook

8.) Kelly

9.) Nederland

10.) Silsbee

You are giving your boys at BC to much credit there critter bc no way do they beat Vidor, PNG, and LCM.

This looks Better... ;D

1.) Barbers Hill

2.) Bridge City

3.) Vidor

4.) Jasper

5.) PNG

6.) LCM

7.) WestBrook

8.) Kelly

9.) Nederland

10.) Silsbee

You are giving your boys at BC to much credit there critter bc no way do they beat Vidor, PNG, and LCM.

This looks Better... ;D

What makes you think they couldn't beat those teams???? We beat Ozen who beat Vidor whoe beat PNG.....We also beat Jasper Defending State champs......Maybe there will be a warm-up game against one of them....

Guest 81sDad

We'll work on the top 10 tonight, if you have opinion let's hear it. Listen now, no crying when it's posted.

You wanted opinions and you got what you asked for so let it rip. Whats wrong with the whining is this not a sports forum?

Rankings/Next opponent

1.….Barbers Hill.......GP/FB

2.….PNG…………Dayton/Ozen

3....LCM.........Vidor/Central

4.….Vidor……….LCM/Nederland

5…..BC…………..Silsbee/Jasper

6.…Westbrook....Channelview/Atascoita

7.…Nederland.....Lum/Vidor

8.…Jasper………….OF/BC

[move]Huffman[/move]

9...Silsbee………..BC/HF

10..Hardin-Jefferson………HF/WOS

Guest 81sDad

Look at Ruth showing some luv for the Falcons and promise we will try to avoid laying a egg this week.  ;D Ruth email me your address bc you get a Falcon  T-shirt.  8)

Rankings/Next opponent

2.….PNG…………Dayton/Ozen

8.…Jasper………….OF/BC

[move]Huffman[/move]

9...Silsbee………..BC/HF

That scrolling Huffman placement is just priceless........GREAT JOB!!!!!  ;D ;D

Rankings/Next opponent

2.….PNG…………Dayton/Ozen

8.…Jasper………….OF/BC

[move]Huffman[/move]

9...Silsbee………..BC/HF

That scrolling Huffman placement is just priceless........GREAT JOB!!!!!   ;D ;D

89-2 I thought we were tight.....................  ???

Rankings/Next opponent

2.….PNG…………Dayton/Ozen

8.…Jasper………….OF/BC

[move]Huffman[/move]

9...Silsbee………..BC/HF

That scrolling Huffman placement is just priceless........GREAT JOB!!!!!   ;D ;D

89-2 I thought we were tight.....................  ???

;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder