Friday Night Lights "The Series"..NBC This Fall

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The previews of the show look like any other teen based soap opera but based in a small town in Texas. Might as well call it Beverly Hill 90210 (North Richland HIlls 9-0-2 Hut Hut) or Dawson's Creek (Dawson's Touchdown). I would hope the show is better than the previews.

2. While Friday Night Lights was okay, there is not a lot there to ruin.

The Movie was good, it actually had real teams in it across the State. The series will probably be a made up team. It was filmed in Austin at Pflugerville. I did see Westlake in some shots on the preview. wosmustangs watched alot of the filming from his back yard there.

I stood on the track at Pflugerville High School and watched a little bit of the filming one night. The "home" team wears Pflugerville's uniforms. They were playing against a team suited up in Westlake's uniforms the night I was there. Seems like it was in February that I saw those scenes being filmed.

Guest GoStangs

1. The previews of the show look like any other teen based soap opera but based in a small town in Texas. Might as well call it Beverly Hill 90210 (North Richland HIlls 9-0-2 Hut Hut) or Dawson's Creek (Dawson's Touchdown). I would hope the show is better than the previews.

2. While Friday Night Lights was okay' date=' there is not a lot there to ruin.[/quote']

Phew ~ I thought I was the only one who didn't much care for that movie.

Guest GoStangs

LOL, Coop.... Did you actually see the movie? The acting was poor and the storyline was exaggerated. It certainly wasn't the worst movie I've seen, but it was far from the best.

Guest GoStangs

The actors just didn't sell the movie -- they never transformed into the characters; it was just like they were told to read a script and stand in front of a camera. The movie didn't move me in any way, and the actors didn't portray the characters to where they meant anything to me.

Don't feel bad, Coop. There are a lot of movies I don't like and a lot that I do -- this was just one that I didn't care about.

Guest GoStangs

I'm glad you liked it so much, but the story line, to me, was superficial.

I guess I don't understand what you mean by "the use of real teams in Texas." Although they screwed around with the historical aspect of the movie, it was supposed to be biographical.

I didn't really like the movie, either. It seemed superficial to me. It didn't really bother me that they changed the semifinals to being a "final championship game". That's the way movies seem to be. It was not anywhere near as good as Remember The Titans. Although they jacked around with some of the facts in that one as well, it was very well acted and "pulled me into the show". Hey, that's what makes the world go 'round - different tastes. One of these days, someone might just make a little 'ole movie about this little area in Southeast Texas - the REAL "hot-bed" for high school football!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu