*OF vs. Navasota/Navasota Wins..*

KFDM COOP

To all Orangefield players and Fans my heart goes out to you. I truly believed we would see you at reginals because of the outstanding players on both teams. I don't believe a bad call cost you the game- because a bad call is a mistake. This sounds to me like abuse of power. A much worst offence in my oppinion. I hope your coach and adm. goes as far as they can to see he is punished for his actions.It want change the outcome of the game but, it might stop him from doing it to anyone else. He should be held accounttable and it should be done publicly for everyone to see. On a different note I would like to hear about the encredible comback. We were getting messages during the last 2 minutes and were in awe of the girls. It's too good a story to let the ugliness of the final overshadow the comback. Can you load a vidio of the last of the game to let everyone see the end?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all Orangefield players and Fans my heart goes out to you. I truly believed we would see you at reginals because of the outstanding players on both teams. I don't believe a bad call cost you the game- because a bad call is a mistake. This sounds to me like abuse of power. A much worst offence in my oppinion. I hope your coach and adm. goes as far as they can to see he is punished for his actions.It want change the outcome of the game but, it might stop him from doing it to anyone else. He should be held accounttable and it should be done publicly for everyone to see. On a different note I would like to hear about the encredible comback. We were getting messages during the last 2 minutes and were in awe of the girls. It's too good a story to let the ugliness of the final overshadow the comback. Can you load a vidio of the last of the game to let everyone see the end?

I've post numerous email address on the Orangefield board to members of the UIL and TASO.  I know alot of Orangefield people are emailing them as we speak.  It will not change the outcome of the game, but maybe someone will look into it a little farther!!

Good for you and anyone else who helps stand-up for the girls. To often when bad things happen we let it go hoping it will get better. The only way for it to get better is for good people to stand up and say thats not acceptable. So congrats and good luck go the extra yard I believe your girls will be proud of the effort.Keep us informed of any reply's you recieve so we can see if there is any justice left.

The sad part is this was not just a game to these girls. It was their season. Everything they had worked for!! All the practices, scrimmages and games. The OF ladies made a commitment to be the best they could be. To have someone they do not even know decide he would just stop their season is tragic. If it had been a foul call, traveling call or anything that pertained to playing the game it wouldn't be so bad. But this was just plain cheating. I realize there is not much anyone can say to change the way OF players and fans must feel but I consider OF our 21-3A family as I assume most HJ fans do too. Wish we could help OF change the results!!

Guest tigersvoice

I will have video on Friday, although not sure how much of the tech call you can see!

That just reinforces the whole point - there was never that much of "Tech call" to see.

Bobcatfan4life, is there anyway you can put the game on here from your video last night, I'd love for people on here to see how screwed up the call was.

I have tried to upload the 4th quarter on youtube but my video file type wont upload right. I didn't get the entire tech call on film. You can see part of our bench jumping up but they didn't get out on the floor

Guest tigersvoice

I've post numerous email address on the Orangefield board to members of the UIL and TASO.  I know alot of Orangefield people are emailing them as we speak.  It will not change the outcome of the game, but maybe someone will look into it a little farther!!

I would not expect the UIL to do ANYTHING about this.  Right now, all the heat is on the officiating crew ( and one Official in particular ) and if the UIL were to step in, then

the UIL would need to DECIDE SOMETHING about the issue.  Not going to happen.  By just staying quiet, the playoffs unwind - true, there was an injustice - but the UIL will never step up and comment on it.  And, I'm not sure they have the jurisdiction to do anything.  Orangefield girls, it doesn't help anything, but all the teams in district 21-3A know what a team you are.  All we can say is, sorry this happened to you!

this really disgusts me i mean how biased can one ref be my heart really goes out to orangefield i know how you feel if you can remember correct when we "HJ" are boys played against lufkin hudson at their place the same thing happened and i was just in total shock the foul count was that we had 33 called on us and only 10 called on them >:( >:( so yeah my total respect and my heart goes out to OF right now your boys have the chance to get revenge on them so go get em'  ;)  :) :) :)

I would not expect the UIL to do ANYTHING about this.  Right now, all the heat is on the officiating crew ( and one Official in particular ) and if the UIL were to step in, then

the UIL would need to DECIDE SOMETHING about the issue.  Not going to happen.  By just staying quiet, the playoffs unwind - true, there was an injustice - but the UIL will never step up and comment on it.  And, I'm not sure they have the jurisdiction to do anything.  Orangefield girls, it doesn't help anything, but all the teams in district 21-3A know what a team you are.  All we can say is, sorry this happened to you!

One emailer has already had a response from the TASO Basketball president.  He said he would look into it.  Not that he can change the outcome of the game, but maybe he can reprimand the official.

this really disgusts me i mean how biased can one ref be my heart really goes out to orangefield i know how you feel if you can remember correct when we "HJ" are boys played against lufkin hudson at their place the same thing happened and i was just in total shock the foul count was that we had 33 called on us and only 10 called on them >:( >:( so yeah my total respect and my heart goes out to OF right now your boys have the chance to get revenge on them so go get em'  ;)  :) :) :)

Whoa, this is a turn around from some of the other posts I have read of yours.  Thank you very much, I will be sick about this for a really long time.

kogt

Unfortunate Ending To Incredible Game

The Orangefield Lady Bobcats were on life support and should've had their plug pulled in the fourth quarter down by 17 to the 34-3 Navasota Rattlers.  But they fought back with clutch scoring and great defense to pull within two when KK Little was fouled as time expired, or so we thought.  One second was put back on the clock at some point as Little made all three free throws to give OF an improbable 62-61lead.  The girls on the OF bench began to celebrate and some of them were two to three feet on the court when the ref called a technical on the Bobcats. WITH ONE SECOND...IN A PLAYOFF GAME! Navasota's Brateicka Mock missed the first free throw and then hit the second to send the game into overtime.  It was obvious the Lady Cats were spent as the Rattlers outscored them 14-7 in OT to take a 76-69 win and a trip to the Regional Tournament.  Little finished her outstanding career at Orangefield with 30 points, including 15 straight free throws in the fourth quarter and overtime.  Junior Olivia Wagner scored 21 including three 3-pointers.  Jessica Weldon scored all six of her points in the fourth quarter during the comeback.  The Lady Bobcats, under first year coach Chris Jost, finish the season 23-11.

kogt

Unfortunate Ending To Incredible Game

The Orangefield Lady Bobcats were on life support and should've had their plug pulled in the fourth quarter down by 17 to the 34-3 Navasota Rattlers.  But they fought back with clutch scoring and great defense to pull within two when KK Little was fouled as time expired, or so we thought.  One second was put back on the clock at some point as Little made all three free throws to give OF an improbable 62-61lead.  The girls on the OF bench began to celebrate and some of them were two to three feet on the court when the ref called a technical on the Bobcats. WITH ONE SECOND...IN A PLAYOFF GAME! Navasota's Brateicka Mock missed the first free throw and then hit the second to send the game into overtime.  It was obvious the Lady Cats were spent as the Rattlers outscored them 14-7 in OT to take a 76-69 win and a trip to the Regional Tournament.  Little finished her outstanding career at Orangefield with 30 points, including 15 straight free throws in the fourth quarter and overtime.  Junior Olivia Wagner scored 21 including three 3-pointers.  Jessica Weldon scored all six of her points in the fourth quarter during the comeback.  The Lady Bobcats, under first year coach Chris Jost, finish the season 23-11.

I talked to Gary Stelly today and he still could not believe what happened.  He said it was the worst call he has seen in his 25 years of broadcasting!!

stop blaming the refs for everything.... 1 call can't determine the game....

Were you at the game buddy...if not you have no clue as to what your talking about. I know people get on here all the time and blame officials for this or that, but this call tonight was a call that determined the outcome of this game. If the mystery T is not called, Orangefield wins the game by one!!!

ok so your saying that OF never missed a free throw? never missed a wide open layup or shot? from what i hear (apoligize if im wrong) OF had 19 turnovers at some point in the game........ 1 call can't not determine the game sorry

Yes, we missed some free throws and yes we missed some layups but who doesn't? This call by a official changed the game. He does not make that call we win plain and simple. If the shoe was on the other foot you would say the samething. They are kids, they are going to make mistakes. This was an adult who was on a power trip. All our kids were doing was jumping up and down because they were excited. I am sorry you don't call a tech in a game like that with one second left.

ok i don't want to keep arguing with this because it is making me sound like im glad OF lost and IM NOT BY ANY MEANS.....OF had a great season and i hate to see it end like that....

im sorry you don't see were im coming from but thats ok......your entitled to your opinion and so am i and i respect that.....

EVERYONE IN THIS DISTRICT FEELS FOR YOU AND WE HATE TO SEE YOU GO :'( GREAT SEASON

stop blaming the refs for everything.... 1 call can't determine the game....

Were you at the game buddy...if not you have no clue as to what your talking about. I know people get on here all the time and blame officials for this or that, but this call tonight was a call that determined the outcome of this game. If the mystery T is not called, Orangefield wins the game by one!!!

ok so your saying that OF never missed a free throw? never missed a wide open layup or shot? from what i hear (apoligize if im wrong) OF had 19 turnovers at some point in the game........ 1 call can't not determine the game sorry

Yes, we missed some free throws and yes we missed some layups but who doesn't? This call by a official changed the game. He does not make that call we win plain and simple. If the shoe was on the other foot you would say the samething. They are kids, they are going to make mistakes. This was an adult who was on a power trip. All our kids were doing was jumping up and down because they were excited. I am sorry you don't call a tech in a game like that with one second left.

ok i don't want to keep arguing with this because it is making me sound like im glad OF lost and IM NOT BY ANY MEANS.....OF had a great season and i hate to see it end like that....

im sorry you don't see were im coming from but thats ok......your entitled to your opinion and so am i and i respect that.....

EVERYONE IN THIS DISTRICT FEELS FOR YOU AND WE HATE TO SEE YOU GO :'( GREAT SEASON

I totally agree with this post and I do see where you are coming from. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder