*HJ vs. Silsbee/74-52 HJ WINS/COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

Congrats Hawks on your District Championship   ;D Yall are really playing great basketball, Jarvis is the man, and it was nice to have Trey B. back in the line up and getting his legs under him again, those two dunks were awesome, as well as Jacoby's. Keep up the hard work, we are very proud of you.

PS I think i saw oldtimer there with a HJ hat on......

I believe they are Co-Champs and this game was just to decide which team goes into the playoffs as the number one seed.  So, Congratulations to the Hawks and the Tigers!  These two teams always keep it interesting!

I'm not sure it could be you could be right. They (Silsbee and HJ) alway's have the best games. I just thought that becuase it was the winner of 21 3A that took the bye in the first round and we needed the playoff to decide who wins it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice

Congrats Hawks on your District Championship   ;D Yall are really playing great basketball, Jarvis is the man, and it was nice to have Trey B. back in the line up and getting his legs under him again, those two dunks were awesome, as well as Jacoby's. Keep up the hard work, we are very proud of you.

I believe they are Co-Champs and this game was just to decide which team goes into the playoffs as the number one seed.  So, Congratulations to the Hawks and the Tigers!  These two teams always keep it interesting!

I'm not sure it could be you could be right. They (Silsbee and HJ) alway's have the best games. I just thought that becuase it was the winner of 21 3A that took the bye in the first round and we needed the playoff to decide who wins it.

C'mon, Poppa - you know better.  Can't believe that you want to stir it up.  There is enough "Trash" by the younger folks, you Hawk adults ought to take the high road.  As the expression goes, "Act like you've been there before."

To clear up things, HJ and Silsbee both will recieve district championship trophys. They are declared co-champions. The extra game was for seeding purposes only, not district championship. Same goes for EC and Kountze. That's the official standing, but we as fans can draw our own conclusions. I know mine was answered last night.

I guess HJ and Kountze can put on their trophy #1 seed.

To clear up things, HJ and Silsbee both will recieve district championship trophys. They are declared co-champions. The extra game was for seeding purposes only, not district championship. Same goes for EC and Kountze. That's the official standing, but we as fans can draw our own conclusions. I know mine was answered last night.

Or Silsbee can put a * on theirs since they beat HJ without Burrell and HJ won by 18 and 22 respectively. ;D ;) 

Lazeek why can't you be happy for both team for doing really well this year. You make it sound like Silsbee is justs plain sorry and it was a fluke agaisnt HJ at their place. Well it wasn't they was prepared and last night was a off night for them

Or Silsbee can put a * on theirs since they beat HJ without Burrell and HJ won by 18 and 22 respectively. ;D ;) 

Lazeek why can't you be happy for both team for doing really well this year. You make it sound like Silsbee is justs plain sorry and it was a fluke agaisnt HJ at their place. Well it wasn't they was prepared and last night was a off night for them

Mine was a jab at Aggiesarewe..........I am happy that these two get to play each other in preparations for the playoffs.  Hopefully they will see each other again in the Regional final.  Just settle down!!!!

I'm certain most folks will disagree with me and I understand its really cool to play these district playoff games at one location in the Montagne Center, but starting a high school game at 9:40 p.m. on a Friday night after these students were at school all day seems a little excessive to me.  I wonder if the administrators at HJ and Silsbee were happy about this.

I'm certain most folks will disagree with me and I understand its really cool to play these district playoff games at one location in the Montagne Center, but starting a high school game at 9:40 p.m. on a Friday night after these students were at school all day seems a little excessive to me.  I wonder if the administrators at HJ and Silsbee were happy about this.

I'm sure the administrators was happy from Silsbee because they got to see the girls and the boys play too. But both lost so it was a drice for no realson to me

C'mon, Poppa - you know better.  Can't believe that you want to stir it up.  There is enough "Trash" by the younger folks, you Hawk adults ought to take the high road.  As the expression goes, "Act like you've been there before."

PoppaBearstarr--I'm glad Tigersvoice made it clear to you so no one else will assume the same thing. I wasn't sure exactly how last nights game impacted the district or if it did at all. But it was a fair question or assumption. Anyway, PoppBearstarr quit trash talking, stirring it up and act like you have been there before; oh yeah, you have been there before and Tigersvoice  hasn't; right? How does he know how your suppose to act?? It's amazing how a simple question can bring out the obvious frustrations of some!!!!

Guest tigersvoice

What are you talking about tigervoice?????? We speak english on this message board.

My English isn't bad - what part don't you understand?  I'll try to explain.

Maybe I missed something here, I did not stir anything I gave congratulations to our team. I DID NOT SAY ONE THING BAD ABOUT SILSBEE. when you said what you did about the seeding (read my following post exactly and dont read anything into it thats not there) I responded respectfully and said you might be right. They said on the news that we won the District championship so thats why I said what I did. Be mad at the news not me. You seem to be a little bitter and looking for a fight . By the way, I have been there before, and I acted like it then and now.

I really didn't know that it had no outcome of the district, just seeding, but thats why I said you might be right. Good luck in the playoffs hope to see you at regionals

oh and by the way they just said it on the news again you might want to call and correct them too! 6:00 o'clock news channel six.

BTW...it has been almost 15 hours since HJ beat Silsbee!!!

Where are all the Silsbee talkers that packed this board after Silsbee beat HJ?

Never seems to end with you, does it?

Good game HJ.  Benard was unbelievable.  30+ with at least 7 3's.  Nasty.

My biggest problem with the game consists of two things:

1)  Who is the Head Coach for Silsbee? I sure hope he is working for peanuts.  I only saw one play that resembled an  offense.  The rest of it looked like 8th street hoops on ESPN.

2)  I enjoy the HJ hecklers, but, when they turn their back on the visiting team during announcements seems a little disrespectful to everyone.  Not just the players but to those of us who still appreciate sportsmanship. JMO

As I have said before If you want the respect you have to win the big games and the coaching did not have these guys prepared for HJ. Not even the slightest bit.

Good Luck in the playoffs.

I think Silsbee had a off night and we had a pretty good one. on a nuetral court it was a great game and probably closer than the score showe. Silsbee has some really good athletes and you never know what could happen the next time we meet. Last year in the regional finals it took several OT's to decide the winner, over I think the silsbee coach does a pretty good job.

Guest tigersvoice

Maybe I missed something here, I did not stir anything I gave congratulations to our team. I DID NOT SAY ONE THING BAD ABOUT SILSBEE. when you said what you did about the seeding (read my following post exactly and dont read anything into it thats not there) I responded respectfully and said you might be right. They said on the news that we won the District championship so thats why I said what I did. Be mad at the news not me. You seem to be a little bitter and looking for a fight . By the way, I have been there before, and I acted like it then and now.

I really didn't know that it had no outcome of the district, just seeding, but thats why I said you might be right. Good luck in the playoffs hope to see you at regionals

oh and by the way they just said it on the news again you might want to call and correct them too! 6:00 o'clock news channel six.

PoppaBearstarr and Shackbully - you two guys are too cute for me.  I'll bow out now - tired and defeated.  But I retire with the thought that you, Poppa, really do know better.  Why are you finessing around news/sports reports?  Oh well!  

Fair enough, but shackbully and myself neither one of us knew that, we sat by each other at the game and thought that it was a tie breaker for 1st. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I haven't been into highschool basketball but for the last two and half years. Anyone from HJ that knows me can vouch for me on that  ;D

I know the rules pretty good becuase I work with a recently retired ref. but not how the UIL rules work.

Congratulations on the CO-CHAMPIONSHIP!

maybe silsbee looked at the bracket, saw the easier road and just went out and played, I am sure that scouts were there as well why show everything that you have for a meaningless game, its not like both teams were not already in.  It was just for seeding, so why not look for the better matchup?  By the way Poppa I was at the game wearing my Hawks Pride t-shirt, kept looking for you at the concession stand was going to buy you a link and a drink just for good sportmanship.

maybe silsbee looked at the bracket, saw the easier road and just went out and played, I am sure that scouts were there as well why show everything that you have for a meaningless game, its not like both teams were not already in.  It was just for seeding, so why not look for the better matchup?

there is no easy road in the playoffs.  have you looked at the bracket?  why would anyone want to have to play an extra playoff game if they don't have to?  I guarantee you, both of these teams showed up to win last night.

maybe silsbee looked at the bracket, saw the easier road and just went out and played, I am sure that scouts were there as well why show everything that you have for a meaningless game, its not like both teams were not already in.  It was just for seeding, so why not look for the better matchup?  By the way Poppa I was at the game wearing my Hawks Pride t-shirt, kept looking for you at the concession stand was going to buy you a link and a drink just for good sportmanship.

Oldtimer, surely you are joking? Are you saying the Silsbee kids, coaches and fans didn't care about this game? Are you saying they threw the game for the easier road in the playoffs? I saw Silsbee players that played their hearts out and just happen to loose the game to a better team on that given night. They beat HJ before and felt they could do it again. And with the team Silsbee has they shouldn't think any other way!! I don't think you could have given Silsbee a worse insult than you just did. If that is your way to belittle HJ's win you failed miserably. You basically insulted both schools and the integrity of the game played Friday nite.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder