Hardin vs Woden @ livingston Next tues at 7

Guest baseball25

It will all depend on what kind of post presence Woden has.Hardin brings Marsh up on the top of the zone and makes it pretty easy to score down low.The key for Woden however will be to defend Marsh on the block,not sure if they have anyone can do that,he is pretty solid around the bucket.Good close game in this one,I'll pick Hardin by 4.Good luck Hornets.

Hardin and Woden playing tonight, takes me back to the 1987 district tournament.  The 2A district back then was zoned and the final four was West Hardin against a team I cannot remember right now and Hardin against Woden.  Hardin's own coach, Ronald Scott was on the team back then.  Hardin was down by 6 with ONE minute to play and ended up tying it up and going to overtime to win.  They beat the other team the next night to win district.  Went on to play Shelbyville (I believe) in bi-distrct but lost.

OK, trip down memory lane is over,  GO HORNETS!!! WIN!!!

It wasn't Shelbyville, it was Grapeland. And yes, West Hardin was zone champs and Hardin was district champs. We actually beat Woden twice that year, once in Woden and then in the game mentioned. Let's not forget the play of that Mills kid, what a force he brought to the team his senior year. By the way, where's our district championship banner for the gym?

Must be some West Hardin fans on here,  ;D.  I had forgotten it was Broaddus.  Could not believe that WH lost to them in the semi finals of the district tourney.  Broaddus only had one real good kid and one kid who was so so and the other three were terrible.  Yeah, Marsh's dad was out there, always a force to be reckoned with.  Now, answer me this, who was Nolan's dad?  I am glad to see the Hornets doing well.  Good luck Friday

Ok, now we are talking 20 years here but I don't remember Hardin playing Woden during the regular district season.  The district was zoned because it was so spread out and if I remember correctly, in our south zone it was WH, HD, Hardin, and Deweyville and in the north it was Comesneil, Woden, Broaddus and West Sabine.  Not to say it didn't happen I just don't remember Hardin playing them until the District tournament semi final. 

Now, Jason Nolan, he played at Hardin or West Hardin?  I don't remember him. 

And, who is this Mills person that was mentioned? 

I was on the coaching staff at Hardin during those years, so I am trying to remember everyone. 

In 1987, my senior year at Hardin, I thought that we went to Woden and played them. This could have been my junior year though. I remember because they were an all white school then and we had some issues with the crowd during the game concerning a couple of our players. Jason Nolan played at West Hardin and graduated I believe in 1988. As far as the Mills kid, his first name was Bobby and he didn't play in the district tournament because of shoulder surgery.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder