District 21-3A Grades

Master T

I thought I make a list of the 21-3A teams. And how I think they did this and what their weakness and what their best was.I start with Kirbyville.

Kirbyville-They are a young team with athletes. I believe they were not the strongest team in district only being good at football. Only winning I believe 3 games overall. Their record in district is (1-12). Only victory was against Hamshire Fannet in district. Their weakness all year was they didn't play as a team. They had a couple good players but didn't play as a team

Hamshire Fannet-No doubt, they tried their best this season. But they just didn't have the talent to compete in this district. Like I said earlier this year, I don't kow his name but #3 was a beast on thier team. He carried the team on his shoulder more in my eyes. But couldn't do it by himself. They stand at (1-12) in disrtict.

Bridge City-So far I like them as the best of the teams that didn't have a winning season. They competed every night. They never gave up. They had a pretty good inside game than outside game. They played close game with a couple of good teams in district Jasper and WO-S. They stand at a strong (4-9) in district.

WO-S-After finishing 3rd last year and only advancing in the first round before being knocked out of the playoff by Splendora. Everyone know WO-S has lost a lot this year. They bought up thier JV district champion to varsity this year but didn't do so well. This is the first year they didn't have a 20+ win season that I know of. They had a good player out of #23 but his attitude is what stop him from becoming a good player. They depended on him all season so they didn't have a good all around team. They stand at (4-9) in district.

OrangeField-Still fighting for a spot in the playoff. They are one of the biggest surprise this year in district 21-3A. They had a good season. And they hoping it continue once they go to Jasper to play them for the final playoff spot. O-field has played the closest games all year against the two top teams in district which I think the games agaisnt Silsbee was still a fluke. You still gotta give them credit for doing so well this year. They had one of the best passing attack team and good shooting team overall their weekness would really have to be them not being aggressive enough. They stand at (8-5) in district.

Jasper- They are still fighting for a playoff spot. Jasper by far had one of the hottest team making it rain three's all day with Bailey and Spikes leading the way. They have alot of speeds for thier teams. And were really athletics. Their weakness was that they didn't have a good inside game at all. They only rely on thier guards more on this team to do everything. They stand at (9-4)

Hardin Jafferson- By far is one of the best teams in district. They got it all around. Players, Coaches, and Fans. They can compete with a bunch of good teams. But ever since Burrell being out they been slacking a whole lot. Playing close games with Jasper, O-Field, and WO-S. That is not looking good on thier part. The Silsbee games was which we all knew was gonna be close because they always plays competitive agaisnt each other. HJ has a good all around team. No weakness really in their part besides without Burrell it will be hard on them. Standing 32-4 (21-1) in district is tremendous

Silsbee- Came in this district as one of the underdogs last years because they lost alot from C/of 06. But made it to regional final before losing to HJ the eventual 3A champ last year. They are considered to be one of the best teams this year than they have in the previous year. And what part them from last year squad is that they have basketball player more than just athletes. Silsbee has got it all. Players, Coaches, and Fans too. They have no weakness in my eyes. All their starter could play guards any given night and theat the truth. Stallworth played guard in his 8th grade year last year. Walter played starting point guard last year on JV and they both start at post for their Varsity. They have the fastest most explosive guard combo in this district with Robinson, Howard, and Willis. They are really deep in depth with at least 6 players on bench that could play guard or post. They the best all around team in district and they can compete with any teams they wanted too.

This is my opinion let me hear yours.

some folks from HF were talking at the beginning of the season like they were going to be competing for a playoff spot, so i'm a little surprised they're so far down.  WOS also surprised me.  we knew they were losing some good players, but i'm surprised they're not closer to playing .500 basketball in district.  HJ and Silsbee have done just what we suspected they'd do, but both of them have had some close games with teams that we did not expect.  OF has certainly surprised some people.  Many of us didn't think they'd be in the top half of district, much less playing a meaningful game the last week of the season, so congrats to the bobcats on a great year. 

I for one being a Hawk fan and surprised at the level that several of the teams have played at.  Silsbee and HJ both lost important parts of their teams.  I for one did not think that HJ would be as good as they are without Donahoe....I am truly shocked.  Silsbee kinda the same situation....they lost alot of their talent from last year and have had some youngsters really pick it up.  Best of luck to both teams and may one of these two bring home the gold from Austin!!!!  Hopefully bring it to Sour Lake though!!!! ;D

Guest tigersvoice

I for one being a Hawk fan and surprised at the level that several of the teams have played at.  Silsbee and HJ both lost important parts of their teams.  I for one did not think that HJ would be as good as they are without Donahoe....I am truly shocked.  Silsbee kinda the same situation....they lost alot of their talent from last year and have had some youngsters really pick it up.  Best of luck to both teams and may one of these two bring home the gold from Austin!!!!  Hopefully bring it to Sour Lake though!!!! ;D

You're just so friggin nice I can't get mad at you. ;D

HJ and Silsbee are 2 of the upper tier teams in the state. They will need to play the other playoff teams with the same intensity that they play each other with. If they do there will be another 3A state champion from this area!!

I believe the rest of the district played out according to the talent they had. Some teams may have hoped for more but you could tell rather quickly who was going to contend. Good Job by all!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder