22-3A Who makes playoffs? Top3

Guest RBarker

How come no one ever talks about Coldspring on here.  They used to run this district until about 2000 when we hit some hard times.  I think they are on their way back with Coach Barbay leading the way.  He will bring back that discipline that has been lacking for a few years along with the Trojan tradition that we once enjoyed where we won the district for ten straight years with big scores over everyone and deep playoff runs.  I think Coldspring really has a good chance to win this district over Cleveland if they play the way they should under Barbay.  I'm not a big fan of that type of offense, but Coach Barbay knows the ins and outs of it as it is the offense he learned under his Dad at Newton as a player and later as a Coach.  I think Coldspring has really good shot at making the playoffs and make a good run.  They played WO-S very tough in the first half of the bi-district game last year before they made some mental errors in the second half and WO-S took advantage.  The J.V. team also had a very successful season last year.  I believe they won the district.  So make no mistake Coldspring is re-emerging, and I'm sure they have had a very successful offseason workout. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a member named Trojan Dad who would post pretty often about Coldspring but haven't seen him post in quite a while. Coldspring always fields a good team and your right they did give WOS all they could handle for a half but the Mustangs were to much for them in the second half. This district will be a real dogfight with Splendora, Cleveland, Huffman, Coldspring, and Liberty all having a chance to win this district title. I'm still in shock when you beat my Liberty Panthers last year on the hook and lateral in the last few seconds of the game. Wow, what a game it was. Hope this year is just as exciting. By the way, that big running back you guys have is a hoss.

There was a member named Trojan Dad who would post pretty often about Coldspring but haven't seen him post in quite a while. Coldspring always fields a good team and your right they did give WOS all they could handle for a half but the Mustangs were to much for them in the second half. This district will be a real dogfight with Splendora, Cleveland, Huffman, Coldspring, and Liberty all having a chance to win this district title. I'm still in shock when you beat my Liberty Panthers last year on the hook and lateral in the last few seconds of the game. Wow, what a game it was. Hope this year is just as exciting. By the way, that big running back you guys have is a hoss.

Not going to be long Wes and junior is working hard to break the jinx. ???

Hey ETBU, what are your offensive and defensive lines gonna look like this season. Any more 300 pounders like you had a few years back.

Not even close but we have some pretty athletic kids on both lines. Wes do you have a kid that plays?

Yes, my last son will graduate this coming season. He has played cornerback the past two seasons but he may play safety this season. I know you have a son playing this year. Will he be a senior and what position does he play.

Yes, my last son will graduate this coming season. He has played cornerback the past two seasons but he may play safety this season. I know you have a son playing this year. Will he be a senior and what position does he play.

My son will be a senior like yours and plays TE and LB. Should be a fun year and hope everyone stays healthy and lives it up.  ;D

wes...hows the boys shoulder??

havnt talked to him lately...

He says its 100%. He broke his collarbone about 6 weeks ago but he's almost as tough as his dad and should be ready to go. Not as good looking as his dad either.  ;D

My son will be a senior like yours and plays TE and LB. Should be a fun year and hope everyone stays healthy and lives it up.  ;D

Best of luck to him and we are looking forward to a fun season

No injury to his shoulder, he broke his collarbone practicing 7 on 7 when he hit the ground diving for a ball. He actually played in a practice game against Hardin with it before we took him to see a doctor. I'll tell him you asked about him Slimbo

Huffman will be strong. Have a top tier athlete in TE/LB, question is can that sophomore class make the adjustment from Thursday to the Friday Night Lights.

Soph QB has the highest potential of anyone in the district, possibly area.

Prediction:

Cleveland

Huffman

Slendora

26-5A

Sorry man as I have stated I like Huffman and think they will be competitive but will be out of the top 3 this year.  Final Standing will be:

Cleveland

Coldsprings

Liberty

Splendora / Huffman

Shepherd

Tarkington

Only sad fact is - and I trully hate to say this - whoever represents this district will have a very tough time getting out of the first round facing the top 3 from 21-3A.

Go Panthers 8)

Come on OldTimer, you have to give our Panthers a little more credit then that!

I have looked over the results form last year and Liberty was a few points from winning that district. Liberty will always have athletes and filed a very good football team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder