Tonight's the night, US vs Mexico...

USA 2-1....  But the question is..  if you had your choice aries...if you could only go to one... would you go to the Mex-US game or Nederland - Vidor ....

Haha Bullets is right, there will be another chance to see Nederland vs Vidor, and it will be a long time before the US plays another game here in Houston, so I would definitely be at the US game...

Well the announcer says it was a fair result .. but in my opinion .. it sure looked like mexico controlled the ball and the game.  The USA didnt seem to put alot of quality passes and plays together and I am not sure it was because the USA was bad but mexico took control and kept control... or was i getting a different signal down here...  let me here how wrong I am...

I know the US has better options in the back than Corrales and Mohr.  They did not play well.  Corrales was not playing the ball well out of the back, and Mohr gave up two goals off set plays.  The central midfield of Bradley and Clark did not mesh well together.  He should have made a change earlier.  Donovan disappeared again for a large stretch in the game.  What a shocker!  On a positive note, Altidore looks like a nice, young player.

USA has some older players but too many that are young. Did not play well. Needs to learn how to cover back post in my opinion but what do i know...Donovan did not play as well as i expected but Altidore stood out and impressed me. Bocanegra did well in the back, scared me for a bit there after that run in with the keep. Their left back...Corrales i guess...weak point in the back. Played somewhat well but did not have a defensive mind set. I am hoping they do well enough in the world cup but after tonight's display i have my doubts... :( :(

my take from the game, having actually been there at field level...

first off, what a phenomenal atmosphere.  the mexico fans outnumbered up about 15-1, but they really livened things up.  the score could've been 2-0 at halftime.  gooch's header was amazing, and jozy's finish was nice.  dempsey's goal could've counted (i couldn't tell), and mexico's 1st half goal came off a ridiculous call leading to a set piece.  the final could've been 3-1.  that being said, the US was outclassed the entire game.  mexico dominated about 75 minutes of the game, and killed us on the outside.  convey was terrible, moor was bad, and corrales killed us all night.  Mexico had an option down the line every time they touched the ball.  there was no connection between our forwards and midfield, and every time mexico got the ball, they took it right down the field and were able to attack.  The US just sent long balls up the middle the entire night, and it wasn't very effective.  we had basically no good chances in the second half.  ricardo clark also looked bad in the midfield.  benny should've been in the whole game, and maurice edu should've seen the field sooner.  when they came in, the US looked a little better.  Tim Howard had a really nice game, and Jozy looked pretty good up front considering his lack of experience.  Donovan had an up and down game.  Gooch and Bocanegra were solid in the back.  The US needs to improve a lot.  It didn't help that the ref called a terrible game.  He was so blatantly biased against the United States that even had they played better they would've had trouble getting a win.  All in all, the US was very fortunate to finish with this result.  Even though they clearly SHOULD have won, they didn't deserve to even tie.  But what an experience!

Welp I agree with everything you said..  Our attack is back to long balls .. hope and prayer....... You saw what I saw and i wasnt impressed. Maybe our new jerseys kept us relaxed... and we were so proud of the jerseys we forgot to play.... instead we were modeling our jerseys.... well.. we got a tie.. so proud.

The television announcers kept referring to the travel some of the european players had and had to take a toll on their play..  tired and things of this sort after playing a gameon Saturday then a long flight ..  I was waiting on Friendswood fan to call in and tear up the announcer for using that as an excuse or having one for their poor play.. travel cannot effect a game.... hahah this post is a joke.. please do not get into a long argument with me ff.. please......geez

It looked like our goalie was freaking out every time the mexican team lined up for a free kick.  Were they just not on the same page, or what?

it was insanely loud in there, and they couldn't hear him.  it also appeared on a couple of them that the guys were new to the team and were having trouble understanding exactly what howard wanted with his hand signals.  i think also he was already pissed off because the US conceded about 7 free kicks from right outside the box, and about half of them were dives, and the other half were a result of bad defending from the outside backs.  

Howard definitely saved our butts in the back... Drew Moor lost his man twice resulting in both goals... The Mexicans had EVERYTHING down BOTH sidelines all night, its as if the mids weren't getting back to support... Dempsey's goal should have counted, and then my prediction would have been right... LOL. In the second half mainly, Landon wasn't anywhere to be seen. Corrales/Moor/Convey/Bradley should have been subbed out before the first half was over... Jozy had a pretty good game, all I know is he is going to be something else for this team. Freddy/Maurice showed some spark which should have been shown ALL half instead of just maybe 10-15 minutes... I kept getting insanely nervous everytime the Mexicans got the ball, in all realty they should have won this game with ease, but Howard/Onyewu/Bocanegra saved us all night... All in all, a tie is a tie, especially against a team like Mexico.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty