Toughest District in 2a basketball. 24-2a?

I guess it all depends on how you define " toughest district". Some would say a tough district would be how their 3 teams did in the state playoffs, if all 3 or 2 of 3 advanced deep into the playoffs. To me, that would be saying that district had 3 of the best teams in the region if not the state. Others would say a tough district would be where 4-5 teams are playoff caliber but only 3 go, leaving 2 teams behind who are more than worthy of a playoff spot. To me, that's what makes a tough district. Like 21-3A in football, you had 2 teams left out of the playoffs that if you put them in alot of other districts, they would advance.

In 24-2A, you have EC, Hardin and Kountze, but after that, not much to brag about.

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

im not saying they would win a district but im sure their is some district in the state of texas that warren could win but i believe that in some district in the state of texas that one of these teams could make the playoffs

That doesn't make your district tougher. You could make that statement for a whole lot of teams by putting them in the weakest district.

Kountze is historically strong and EC has been very good over the last 4 years with Tramain leading the way.This has been a strange year for the 4-6 place teams in this district.Warren loses a 3 pt game at Deweyville and a 4 pt game at Hardin to pretty much take them out of the race.Deweyville loses in double OT to Hardin then loses to Anahuac by 15 to eliminate themselves.Anahuac looks good early but loses 2 key players to grades and there history.Overall this district is closer than some folks think 1-6.With all that being said it is a tough 2-a district but it is down a little this year from the previous 3 years.

Kountze is historically strong and EC has been very good over the last 4 years with Tramain leading the way.This has been a strange year for the 4-6 place teams in this district.Warren loses a 3 pt game at Deweyville and a 4 pt game at Hardin to pretty much take them out of the race.Deweyville loses in double OT to Hardin then loses to Anahuac by 15 to eliminate themselves.Anahuac looks good early but loses 2 key players to grades and there history.Overall this district is closer than some folks think 1-6.With all that being said it is a tough 2-a district but it is down a little this year from the previous 3 years.

Well said, I've seen alot of Basketball in this District this year, and 1-6 are all capable of playing with anybody in 2a.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin