What do you prefer?

What classification do you prefer/follow?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What classification do you prefer/follow?

• 5A
    • 4A
    • 3A
    • 2A
    • 1A

I've came a long way.  I used to only follow 5a and some 4a ball.  I actually dissed the small school ball (3a and down).  A poster from another message board let me have it and chewed my out pretty bad, which actually expanded my horizons.  I follow more 4a ball now since I back Central, but I will quickly watch a good small school matchup in a minute!  These Kountze's, the EC's, and the H-J's always play some of the best ball in this area.

Guest orangeman

Sometimes I think we put too much emphasis on whether a team is small school or big school. We tend to make hard fast assumptions just because a team is smaller or larger, and those assumptions aren't always backed by fact but rather usually just by our own opinion (and sometimes an ignorant one at that). I've even been guilty of this in the past.  An example would be "team A would kill team B because team A is big school and team B is small school", or "that player couldn't play for team A because team A is big school, and that player is on a small school team". I've coached 1A and 2A and I'm now coaching 5A and I clearly see the three biggest differences in the small school / big school comparison: 1. Numbers (many more athletes in your programs, 2. Facilities (nicer and more of them), and 3. Money (much more of it). But when it comes down to it, if certain teams or players can flat out play ball, then they can play ball on any team regardless of classification. I coached Letsinger and Copeland the past two seasons when we (WH) were 1A and 2A, and I can tell you Letsinger for sure, and probably Copeland, would be the best player in the 5A program that I'm apart of right now. Not sure how I got off on this. Not ranting... just thinking.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317