* New 3A District Here*

I like the new 6 team district. It didn't matter too much who the opponents are but more time to get ready for district competition is a + in my thinking. If teams can schedule tough enough teams in pre-district then they can be better by the time district starts. You can learn a lot more in 6 weeks of games and practice then you can in 4 weeks. I do not know who BC has on their new schedule but if anyone knows please post it here. For that matter I would like to see all 3a and 4a school schedules in the golden triangle area.

Brookeshire Royal bumps up to Katy I.S.D. directly to the west of Katy - The city of Katy is at the far west of the Katy I.S.D. and Brookeshire Royal is about 5 miles west of the city of Katy.

When I went to Katy - in 1974 to 1978 - we actually used to play Brookeshire Royal in pre-season games.

I like the new 6 team district. It didn't matter too much who the opponents are but more time to get ready for district competition is a + in my thinking. If teams can schedule tough enough teams in pre-district then they can be better by the time district starts. You can learn a lot more in 6 weeks of games and practice then you can in 4 weeks. I do not know who BC has on their new schedule but if anyone knows please post it here. For that matter I would like to see all 3a and 4a school schedules in the golden triangle area.

Tentative Orangefield Pre-district schedule:

East Chambers

Buna

Liberty

Tarkington

Newton

Bet Jasper's not happy with their new district!  ...

Other than losing old rivals, it appears to be about the same difficulty to me.  At least Jasper will be in six teams for football.  But basketball and baseball will be something else, just as it has been these past two seasons.  It is only the names that are changing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder