I Tell U Wut...

i'm ready to go snapper fishing again.

Oh, I know.  I got a really hot tip on some state snaps and I can't wait to get out there.

well, if there are more than you can handle, feel free to let me know :).  we were catching a lot of 10-15 pounders last year, but we were having to go a ways out to get them, and it was barely worth paying for the gas.

I don't know if your aware BUT NMFS tried to get TPW to go along with their more restrictive limits of 2 snappers in state waters. This was temp shot down by TPW and the feds could force the issue, the feds bounced back and are currently trying to get the Tx offshore guides not to be able to use Tx limits in Tx waters and use the more restricive Fed limits. Basicly now you can hire a guide and make a run offshore for Tuna, Dolphin ect and come back in Tx waters and get your Tx limit of snapper (4) The NMFS as history shows can't manage the snapper in Fed waters and now want to run (RUIN) TPW fisheries.   

And not only that,  CCA has endorsed the NMFS, without consideration for their members or their desires.  I had a 30 minute arguement at the Houston Boat Show w/ a CCA salesman.  The guy was an idiot and I basically told him so.

They have no clue what they're doing.

You are absolutly CORRECT, they have backed the Comercial guys early on with the IFQs, 24/7 fishing for them, reduced their size limits to 13" while constantly stating the Recs are the problem the the Snapper. Now if you live in Fl the CCA is #1, although they have done good in the yrs past yhey have truely lost touch with the ones who put them where they are today>>>GCCA was started here in Texas. 

You are absolutly CORRECT, they have backed the Comercial guys early on with the IFQs, 24/7 fishing for them, reduced their size limits to 13" while constantly stating the Recs are the problem the the Snapper. Now if you live in Fl the CCA is #1, although they have done good in the yrs past yhey have truely lost touch with the ones who put them where they are today>>>GCCA was started here in Texas.   

What this clown told me was that "They know that the recs and commercials are not the problem".  I told him that he's 1/2 right, that the comm.'s are killing acres of snapper each trip.  Plus, if we AREN'T the problem, then why are they cutting us back.  His answer?...  "Because we all have to be willing to do our part for recovery.",  to which I said, "We ARE doing our part...we can only keep 4 fish NOW!"

"HERE'S YOUR SIGN"!!!!!

Guest beat-em_deep

well it's been killing me too long im goin this weekend just some pond hopping dont care if i catch anything or not just wanna go!!!

i do the same thing lol who cares if ya catch something lol

Actually, I plan to fish there on Easter Weekend.  I used to not do too well there, but I've learned of some really awesom places, and now, it's one of my favorite places to fish.

I went there yesterday (Sun)  just to check out the progress on the parks and check the water level. The water is at a good high level right now.  I'm pretty pumped about going.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder