QUESTION OF THE DAY, THURS. 1-31-08 REVISED

Guest DickVitale

Guest DickVitale

Who gets the blame for the forfeit of Dallas South Oak Cliff's 2006 title? Head Coach (James Mays), The Teacher (changed the grade), The school administrators (who let it go), the Campus AD (football coach) or the Athletic Director.... LET THE DEBATE BEGIN!! ;)

I believe it is not a good idea, because first of all if you expand the feild to 4 teams, and you have an 6 0r 8 team district, with the bottom half of the district being mediocre, the top teams or middle teams of the district, may just settle knowing that they no matter what will lock up a playoff spot. I believe the lesser the feild the more competitive districts games will be, making every game count. So I believe they should not expand.

hopefully made some since.

Guest whatdoIknow

Dickey...I think four teams is too much.  You are talking about four team with two of them making the playoffs with possibly below 500 district records.  I am all for placing kids in a postion to experience the excitement of being in the playoffs, but basketball is different than football...the season is long enough as it is and this may place the state playoffs going until late march!  I do agree that football should have four teams base on the results of the past few season.  There has been too many logjams for playoff seeding.

Guest DickVitale

I believe it is not a good idea, because first of all if you expand the feild to 4 teams, and you have an 6 0r 8 team district, with the bottom half of the district being mediocre, the top teams or middle teams of the district, may just settle knowing that they no matter what will lock up a playoff spot. I believe the lesser the feild the more competitive districts games will be, making every game count. So I believe they should not expand.

Hold that thought for tommorrow, Doc...I changed the question for today, beacuse I had a quick thought...Great response though, but I will pose that question again tommorrow with a slight twist!! thanks

Guest DickVitale

Hold that thought for tommorrow, Doc...I changed the question for today, beacuse I had a quick thought...Great response though, but I will pose that question again tommorrow with a slight twist!! thanks

Same thing whatdoIknow....I changed it after a quick thought, but I will bring it up again tommorrow...thanks

Guest DickVitale

The White man.  No..No..No..just kidding.  I know I didn't just say that.  It's  great question.  I would have to say the coach is ultimately responsible.  Or if you want to get deep..society is the culprit.

LMAO at that.....I know that there are multiple culprits here, I just want you guys take on it if you can blame ONE main person in this situation...That answer was CLASSIC McCarter!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317