Friday night's Game of the Week!! Need your input!!!!

I will be broadcasting our Setxsports.com Game of the Week this Friday night, but where will I be? That's where you come in.

I am having a hard time determining what game I should broadcast. Here is a list of the games I am looking at and my reasons for or against doing them.

21-5A

PAM 6-4 @ Kingwood 7-3

I have not done a PAM game yet and this is really a must win for the Titans if they want to keep their playoff hopes alive. A win and they are tied for 3rd with 4 teams going to the playoffs, a loss and they would be on the outside looking in, would need to win out. Drawback, this game would probably be broadcast from another site and it is a long drive for me.

22-4A

Nederland 5-5 @ Dayton 5-5

The records should speak for themselves. Four teams are battling for that coveted 3rd playoff spot with three of them tied with 5-5 records ( LCM is one game back at 4-6) Both these teams need this win. The last time these two met they went ot overtime with Nederland coming out on top. The way I see it, the playoffs start Friday night for these two teams along with Vidor and LCM. Drawback, I mentioned the last time these two teams met, I was there doing the broadcast, would be a double dipper.

Ozen 10-0 @ Vidor 5-5

A very big upset by Vidor in this game would be a classic broadcast and would give Vidor the big edge over their opponents that they are tied with now. Drawback, it ain't going to happen, but it is a very interesting matchup.

21-3A

Orangefield 7-3 @ WOS 3-7

The Bobcats can ill afford to slip up here. They must keep pace with Jasper for that third playoff spot. It could come down to that last game of the season. WOS could give Orangefield fits which is why this game would be interesting to broadcast, plus I have not done an Orangefield or WOS game yet. Downfall, only the Bobcats have something riding on this game, WOS is out of the playoff hunt.

23-2A

Newton 9-1 @ Woodville 5-5

This game would have been the one I chose for this Friday had it not been for Woodville getting one stolen from them by Woden Tuesday night. With that loss, that all but eliminates Woodville from the playoffs. They are still mathematicly in it, but need lots of help from here on out. I have not done a Newton or Woodville game and I really wanted to see this Newton team. I hear they are a good one.

24-2A

East Chambers 7-2 @ Hardin 7-1

This will be a doozy. The Bucs want to get back at the Hornets for beating them in their house the last time. This game could lead to a three way tie for first or will give Hardin the sole lead in that district. It should be a good one. Downfall of doing this one, no must win here as both teams have wrapped up playoff spots just now determining what seed they will be.

Alright fans, there are your choices. Give me some feedback on who you would like to hear.

I say OF at WOS for couple reasons.

Kingwood is yes a long drive...You did Ned and Dayton already...Ozen will beat Vidor and EC and Hardin are both going to the playoffs in my mind....

With OF and WOS - you get to do two teams you have not seen and WOS will be hard to beat at home. OF has trouble with the Stangs at home and the Cats really need to win..Yet it is possible you might see OF down the road cause they have big games with HJ, Silsbee and Jasper coming up..WOW..hard choice mike...

Now that I write this Nederland and Dayton looks like the best....Confuse you yet??

Either Dayton or WOS in my eyes

I dont disagree with OLGabe about the pick, because i think it will be a very close game.  If i could rank the most important games OF plays, i would say the Silsbee @ OF game and the OF @ Jasper game are bigger than this one (if OF beats WOS).  So i'd pick either EC-Hardin or OF-WOS, but i really think you should do the Silsbee-OF and Jasper-OF games later definitely.  My point is, if you decide to do the OF-WOS game, dont let that factor in whether or not you do future OF games that are possibly more important. 

Guest baseball25

Best game by far is EC vs hardin going to be a burn burner.........let me give you 2 names MARSH VS THOMAS thats all that needs to be said.  OF vs WOS come on now WOS is 3-7.

1 EC vs Hardin

2 Ned at dayton

any other game is for reasons other than playoff implications

The PAM @ Kingwood is all about playoff implications. Also, the EC-Hardin game is not about who makes it to the playoffs but what seed, not as much pressure as one whose playoff lives are at stake. Just thought I would help you on that.

Guest baseball25

It seems that aggies does not want to broadcast the EC vs Hardin game. EC vs Hardin game is the best game by far tom night. Don't say its not as much pressure becasue this game does mean alot its about seedings and that means alot in the playoffs. I mean you had Kountze vs Hardin last week didn't broadcast, EC vs Kountze you didn't broadcast and now EC vs Hardin and you don't want to broadcast. So whats the deal. Those are some very good games to broadcast.

EC/Hardin game is the one to watch.  There is a district championship on the line for Hardin OR a 3 way tie.  The quality of the game will be excellent!  This will be a pressure packed game.  I cannot believe some of you would say this game is no big deal, all they are playing for is seeding.  IMO district championships are a BIG DEAL!

Guest DickVitale

Ag are you kidding?? Man gas up, and get your self over to KINGWOOD!! It's like broadcasting a DUKE game in there!! Heck I might meet you there and do some color commentating myself if you go!! Ag and Dickie V LIVE from "Cameron Indoor" in Kingwood!!....This is REALLY a NO BRAINER, man...

Guest DickVitale

You sound like some country hick that has just decided to come on here and attack me for whatever reason..Besides, NO ONE WAS EVEN TALKING OR REFERRING TO YOU!! So, with that being said, shut up speak when you are spoken to, boy...No one knows you..You have 6 posts and all of a sudden you are the board spokesperson?...basketballcoach, you MUST be some crazy kid in computer class screwing off...so...get back to your school work, son.

Guest baseball25

Man o man Dickie V is getting is underwear in a knot. Do you have something against a country hick It's a message board stop getting so aggervated.

East Chambers @ Hardin, big game, can determine if there will be Tri Champions or Hardin will win the District and Kountze and ECC have another showdown for the num 2 seed

Guest DickVitale

Wow....Is this "jump on Dickie V for no reason" day?  OK, anyway PAM/Kingwood would be the best game to broadcast on Friday because it definitely has playoff implications AND the atmosphere is second to none...I am sure they will have a "Where is J'Covan" chant going and everything...It would be a fun game to broadcast.

Guest DickVitale

I can't believe this guy...Dude, are you serious? Listen, Aggies wants input on where he should go do his broadcast Friday night..If you feel THAT strongly that he should do Hardin/EC, then express that, and move on..AggiesAreWe will decide where HE is going..Not me, not you.. He just wanted our SUGGESTIONS....whoa...unbelievable.

E.C. vs. Hardin gonna be a doozie. I know this is off subject and of course it will never happen, but whoever gets second in this district is the lucky dogg cause they get a biweek so if e.c. lost it could end up helping them depending on if they beat kountze or not of course if they lost to kountze theyd end up playing hardin again anyway

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder