WOS/Silsbee Game- Suspended..Discuss Here

Lazeek

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When yall are talking about suspensions, I hope you are referring to being suspended or expelled from school & not just basketball.  I don't know what fighting @ school gets you these days, but what took place Friday night, the punishment needs to be a lot more severe.  As for the basketball side of it, the guilty parties need to be kicked off their respective teams.   

Settle down people, it's not like Silsbee lost their whole varsity squad, or anyone for that matter.  I would guess that a few expendable players getting playing time late in the fourth with a considerable lead were the only ones that got out of line.  In this case, I would undoubtedly point towards WOS given the circumstances.  No one likes to be beaten in their house, but that does not excuse any and all that were involved, especially the refs! 

8)

If it was late in the game, then I would assume that reserves were in the game....

That leaves startes on the bench..  I know the punishments are harsh for leaving the bench during a fight (at all levels of play.)  I hope this does not hurt Silsbee down the line.

On another note, there were several Silsbee people ranting and raving about HJ (I'm speaking about the incident after the first HJ-Silsbee game)  This incident makes me think that HJ's security measures might not have been the problem.....

There will be no suspension of Silsbee players for tomorrow nights game......No one from either side would want that to happen tomorrow night.

HJ will want Silsbee at full strength tomorrow night and Silsbee wishes that HJ was as well.  Nobody likes to play a team that is a man down.....and lose to them!!!  Going to be a great game!!!!!!  Hopefully my Hawks will come out victorious!!!!

I want to know some facts. How many players left the bench? How many players in the game were actively involved in the fight? If this were as big a brawl as everyone was saying, then there should have been more suspensions. Anyone leaving the bench should be suspended, regardless of the reason.Anyone on the court fighting, should be suspended. It appears to me (I wasn't there so I could be wrong) that if the fight were as bad as reported, that the coaches and administration at Silsbee should be ashamed of themselves for not cracking down harder on their players for their actions. It appears (once again, I could be wrong) that a chance at winning district is more important than teaching these young men some lessons.

I want to know some facts. How many players left the bench? How many players in the game were actively involved in the fight? If this were as big a brawl as everyone was saying, then there should have been more suspensions. Anyone leaving the bench should be suspended, regardless of the reason.Anyone on the court fighting, should be suspended. It appears to me (I wasn't there so I could be wrong) that if the fight were as bad as reported, that the coaches and administration at Silsbee should be ashamed of themselves for not cracking down harder on their players for their actions. It appears (once again, I could be wrong) that a chance at winning district is more important than teaching these young men some lessons.

What???? This was at WOS #1...........so why should Silsbee administration be ashamed.........the COACH, not UIL suspended the players in question, what else should he do.........WOS fans........not Silsbee's were on the floor fighting, WOS throwing balls at Silsbee players...........and yes the 2 that got suspensions probably deserve it........but then read the article above..........NO WOS PLAYERS SUSPENDED AT THIS TIME!

You said you needed facts, great, but wait until you get them before making comments like you did about Silsbee being ashamed of themselves.

Here are some more facts:

WOS - parent on the floor last year at Silsbee during Girls game, yelling and screaming after a foul.

WOS - parent (fan) ejected at Evadale -v- Silsbee in Girls playoff last year.

WOS - Fighting in FB -v- Dayton this year

WOS - Fighting -v- Silsbee in boys BB this year

(and these are just the ones "I" know about!)

Now it could be that everyone is just picking on poor little WOS.........or maybe........well you decide!

What???? This was at WOS #1...........so why should Silsbee administration be ashamed.........the COACH, not UIL suspended the players in question, what else should he do.........WOS fans........not Silsbee's were on the floor fighting, WOS throwing balls at Silsbee players...........and yes the 2 that got suspensions probably deserve it........but then read the article above..........NO WOS PLAYERS SUSPENDED AT THIS TIME!

You said you needed facts, great, but wait until you get them before making comments like you did about Silsbee being ashamed of themselves.

WOS - parent on the floor last year at Silsbee during Girls game, yelling and screaming after a foul.

Now it could be that everyone is just picking on poor little WOS.........or maybe........well you decide!

To answer your questions...

Silsbee's administration should not be ashamed of what WOS did, but by the apparent weakness of suspensions handed down by the coach. I believe that anyone leaving the bench for any reason, should be suspended. Anyone on the court fighting should be suspended. If this were as bad as reported, and only two Silsbee players did either of the above two, someone needs to report this that way outsiders looking in get a realistic view. I stated that I could be wrong. I do commend the Silsbee fans for not coming onto the court, they showed they were above that. As far as me not hammering WOS, I'm waiting to see what they do before I make a judgement. Something severe needs to be done because I've heard other reports this year that make me wonder why this has escalated to this point.

It seems to me that Silsbee fans are the only one talking about this and not the WOS fans. Could that be that they fill guilty. No one here has said any thing to contradict what a Silsbee fan has put on here about how the fight started. So all we know what we read on here is true. Silsbee has suspended two players, WOS not a one. And we all know who started it. It sounds like Silsbee is a class act, knowing they have a game with HJ today and still suspended some players. So maybe some questions need to be addressed to WOS. So far Silsbee is the only team that has acted on this.

Guest Chaingang Defense

BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH SILSBEE WAS MOUTHING OFF EVEN BEFORE THE GAME STARTED!!! THEY THREW THE FIRST PUNCH ANYWAY! ON TAPE BABY!~

Here is my take on the matter.  Coaches control the players and administrators and security control the crowd.  Fans get loud and rude and ejected from games more then you probably realize.  This happens at little league's, jr. high's, high school's, colleges, and pro sporting events for various reasons, and I can assure you that WOS is not the only school that has had an ejected or rude fan/parent.  As far as the players go, the coaches are responsible for their players.  If this fight was started by the WOS players then the Silsbee players are in the wrong for retaliating.  Both teams are wrong and both teams will be punished!!  I was told by an employee at WOS yesterday that there have been both suspensions given to some players and also the permenant removal of a player.  I also spoke with one of the officials of the game, and he told me that they have already sent a copy of the incident to the UIL.  This is an unfortunate incident that has occurred, and hopefully there will be a lesson learned by other players, teams, and coaches.

Guest wstpntbaby

Okay guys, as if anyone would care what I think, here it goes. I agree that anyone pushing or hitting should suffer some consequences.  The problem I have is that I was there and I know for a fact that there were more than just two Tigers pushing. I also know that there where no punches made. The injuries happened when things got out of control and the two injured players were sent into the metal bleachers. The WOS fans were very worked up and there was a lot of confusion so that  even a tape would not show all that really happened. I have also heard there were WOS suspensions as well but the papers have not stated it yet. I feel that the officials could have broken up the initial shoving match if WOS fans would have stayed in control. I do have to say that I really want to make sure everyone knows the officials did a terrible job  through out the game of keeping it clean. Tigers took a time out to defuse an incident early on and it didn't get any better. I am not really taking sides but, I do hate that it came to this. I'm not sure about UIL viewings of the tapes but I know as for right now, all decisions have been made by the schools. These kids are good kids and it shouldn't have come to this. Shame on you officials!!!!

Maybe we Mustang fans are just classy enough to NOT get on a stupid message board and post things about high school kids???? If you don't know the TRUTH about what is happening at WO-S with the players, maybe just keep your mouth shut! No matter who did what, the kids are the losers in this thing, whether they are from Silsbee or WO-S!

Okay guys, as if anyone would care what I think, here it goes. I agree that anyone pushing or hitting should suffer some consequences.  The problem I have is that I was there and I know for a fact that there were more than just two Tigers pushing. I also know that there where no punches made. The injuries happened when things got out of control and the two injured players were sent into the metal bleachers. The WOS fans were very worked up and there was a lot of confusion so that  even a tape would not show all that really happened. I have also heard there were WOS suspensions as well but the papers have not stated it yet. I feel that the officials could have broken up the initial shoving match if WOS fans would have stayed in control. I do have to say that I really want to make sure everyone knows the officials did a terrible job  through out the game of keeping it clean. Tigers took a time out to defuse an incident early on and it didn't get any better. I am not really taking sides but, I do hate that it came to this. I'm not sure about UIL viewings of the tapes but I know as for right now, all decisions have been made by the schools. These kids are good kids and it shouldn't have come to this. Shame on you officials!!!!

I do have to disagree a little bit with you here on this one.  I am not saying that the game could not have been called tighter, but individuals are still responsible for their OWN actions.  I really don't think that we can blame the officials in this situation.  The people who are at fault are the ones involved, both players and spectators.  In my opinion!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder