Tim Barry (LCM)

Kenny Allison (Central)

Kelvin Thomas (Central)

Utility

Kevin McDonald (Silsbee)

DH

Jerin Spikes (PNG)

Honorable Mention:

Kane Benoit (PNG), Stefen Cloren (LCM), Adam Broussard (Nederland), Aaron Bender (WB), Regan Stanley (Nederland), Frank Smesny (Dayton),

Blake Moss (Silsbee), Jacob Ricossa (HJ), Taylor Monse (HJ), Possum LaFleur (OF), Travis Moore (HF), Conner McDonald (Kelly), Jason Clark (BC)

Brandon Hillin (Buna), Josh Clark (Buna) 

It's a good list.  A ton of talent in the area.  I know it's a tough job to whittle down.  I'm a little surprised that Austin Sangster, Jordan Pitts, or Chad Sims were not at least Honorable Mention especially after the summers the paper said they had at the World Series.  Nederland and Dayton must be in trouble this year.  Noone talented enough to make first team. ???

It's a good list.  A ton of talent in the area.  I know it's a tough job to whittle down.  I'm a little surprised that Austin Sangster, Jordan Pitts, or Chad Sims were not at least Honorable Mention especially after the summers the paper said they had at the World Series.  Nederland and Dayton must be in trouble this year.  Noone talented enough to make first team. ???

I'm a little biased where JP is concerned and appreciate your thoughts about him B-Dog Fan. But I believe that he, Chad, Austin, and a few others still have to prove themselves this season in spite of what they and several others may have shown this summer.  This is since they didn't get a lot of Varsity playing time nor press last year.  Hopefully they step up and show it to the persons who haven't heard of or seen them.  I'm betting they will! ;) 

There is noone on the list that I have seen play that should not have made it.  It's a great selection of players.  I do believe Sampere and possibly McFarland should be on first team.  Just an opinion.  I do appreciate your effort guys.

Dayton is in trouble this year--no doubt about that---however Frank Smesny was overlooked--8-0 last season as Varsity pitcher--winningest 4A pitcher in Greater Houston and good enough to be a top pitcher on an elite select team--Kyle Chapman

Dayton is in trouble this year--no doubt about that---however Frank Smesny was overlooked--8-0 last season as Varsity pitcher--winningest 4A pitcher in Greater Houston and good enough to be a top pitcher on an elite select team--Kyle Chapman

\

I agree that Smesny was overlooked...I missed him myself...I would've had him at honorable mention. However, in Greater Houston 4AAAA, Hales (BH) and Thamm (BH) were both near the top in wins (11 & 10 ) , ERA (.69 & 1.59 ) , and strikeouts ( 123 & 113 ). Both were also named Honorable Mention All-State.  That's not to take anything away from Smesny, kid's a good pitcher. And yes, I admit it...I'm BH biased.  ;D

With that said, great work guys on the list. We appreciate your effoerts.

\

I agree that Smesny was overlooked...I missed him myself...I would've had him at honorable mention. However, in Greater Houston 4AAAA, Hales (BH) and Thamm (BH) were both near the top in wins (11 & 10 ) , ERA (.69 & 1.59 ) , and strikeouts ( 123 & 113 ). Both were also named Honorable Mention All-State.  That's not to take anything away from Smesny, kid's a good pitcher. And yes, I admit it...I'm BH biased.  ;D

Smesny did not have the most wins--but he and another kid had identical 8-0 records---Hales and Thamm are more seasoned and surely have a better defense behind them-BH probably has the best pitching staff in the area--Smesny's time to shine will be in 2009

\

Actually, I noticed that Smesny is listed as honorable mention.

I don't want to offend our friends from BH, but I feel that this "Team" should represent our local players

and all the schools from our districts. Barber Hill is a fine school with outstanding talent, I've seen all

three of their returning pitchers and they are as good as they get. They are not in our district. I just think your selections should have a reasonable boundary line, if not, what about kids from Channelview, crosby, Smiley, Nacadoches, etc. etc. etc.

Here's a bit of free advice which is the truth but difficult for some to follow. If you have a complaint about the selections and the player is related to you, resist the urge. If your kid is really that good, other people will notice and talk about him for you.

Here's a bit of free advice which is the truth but difficult for some to follow. If you have a complaint about the selections and the player is related to you, resist the urge. If your kid is really that good, other people will notice and talk about him for you.

I am the only one who has mentioned their son or at least has admitted, so I assume you were giving me the advice.  Please read my post and keep it in context.  In response to a prior post about three kids(which included my son), I stated they needed to prove themselves this year.  No complaint was made.  I believe the selections were excellent and have let AdminBR know it.  I believe as you do that a player will earn their recognition if deserved.  I do not nominate or complain where I have a bias.  If you took my statement as a complaint, I hope you will reread and understand it supported the selections that were made.  If you were referring to someone else then disregard. ;)   

• 3 weeks later...

thank you donkey... i totally agree with you... and about the barbers hill pitchers taking several spots on the local "preseason area team" as of now they deserve it... and who cares if theyre forty min away... they have always been on here. but the fact is that it is a pre season team so any commotion is unofficial ... so please wait until the season winds down to get worked up.. and surely by then there wont be any foggy waters due to the players stats and success against legit teams

These are the 21-4A Teams:

Crosby | Galena Park | Forest Brook| King| Huffman Hargrave | Barbers Hill | New Caney

They are not in our area, or in our district. Why mix the Barbers Hill players with ours? No denying the talent or choices, but we can compare them later on as we approach the playoffs! Let's focus on our local teams.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder