Vidor vs. Lumberton Game Thread

The weather was absolutely miserable.  I am still trying to thaw out.

Vidors defense played well.

Lumberton scored early in the game.  1 - 0 at halftime.

T. Reynolds scored the 1st goal for Vidor from about 20 yds out - Goalie was out of the box.

The 2nd goal for Vidor was an own goal.  Not really sure but think T. Reynolds headed the ball and it somehow came off one of Lumbertons players into the goal.

Lumberton came back and and tied it up.

Vidor had a chance with about 2 minutes left.  Missed PK - T. Greenway

In OT Lumberton scored in 2nd 10 minute period.

Great Game

So did both teams touch's look good or decent? Were any players out? And did it seem like a well played game and balanced level of play? I'm just curious, because this all seems a little out of par since last year this wouldn't have seemed as probable, I'm not trying to offend Vidor fans or players it's just that last year lumberton seemed to be on a whole nother level with Central on the tangent level. So has everybody decided to step up a level or has Lumberton decided to make it fair? Just kidding.

First off i would like to say great job pirates for a well played game. Very impressive team that has stepped up their level of play since last year. People who placed you low in rankings at the beginning of the season will be eating their words it would seem. But after that. The game tonight should not have been as close as it was. Great game on both sides. I cant say much about our goals because i'm not quite sure but both of your goals came from well played attacks after inexperienced goal keeper mistakes. A ball rolled out straight to the right forward with the defense pulling up. Well placed ball btw and then a trickler across the box past our other inexperience backup goalie. All in all though GREAT game by both sides.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33