Kelly vs Duchesne girls results

watash

I thought they would be better because I had been reading what others had written on here about the Kelly girls team being pretty good this year, and stacking up well against public school teams.  And, because I watched the Duchesne girls team play several games against public school teams last weekend, and they were terrible.  So, putting those two things together, I thought that a reportedly pretty good Kelly team would beat a Duchesne team that is not good.  I thought maybe a bunch of kids were missing or something.  That's all.   

Hmm.  You are the only one that I have seen trying to compare Kelly girls soccer to the public school teams.  In fact, I saw where Watash said he didn't know how they would stack up, when YOU asked the question.  I think you just wanted to bash the Kelly girls for some unknown reason. 

I don't want to do any disservice to the effort of the Duchesne team by calling the result an upset. They came out on their home field and played with a lot of intensity. I can't comment on how they performed at the Brenham tournament. Kelly would look forward to a rematch.

As I have stated before, Kelly would probably be competitive with any 2A or 3A team in the state as well as a number of schools from the larger classifications. On the other hand, it is difficult for any school with an enrollment of 225 girls to have the team depth 1-11 or 14 to compete with the stronger, much larger schools. For instance, Friendswood probably has 3 to 4 times as many potential girls from which to select a team. That is the reason there are classifications among high school sports leagues. St. Agnes with 800+ girls enrolled, who has beaten Kelly twice this year,  would be a much better example of how a private school would compete against a larger 4A program.

Kelly is playing in two public tournaments over the next two weekends, at PNG and Bastrop,  and the results should provide better insight into the team's realtive competitiveness than one game on an irregular field.

Okay Westend, you win.  On second thought, I am not at all surprised that Kelly lost to a horrible team like Duchesne.  Now I see that they were lucky to be as close as they were.  Does that work for you?

Thanks FF.  You proved my point for me.  You just want to bash and now that everyone knows it, your posts can be disregarded.  You are what I thought you were :D :D :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33