Since 4 Teams Are Going In 4A, Name Your Top 4 Playoff Teams Next Season?

Dayton

Ozen

PNG

Lumberton

if dayton goes to another district, throw nederland in there... i think ozen is going to surprise some people next year, and that central might need another year before they get back to the playoffs... of course, who knows what might really happen :)

Guest Luv Ya Blue

1. Bulldogs

2. Jags

3. Broncos

4. Panthers

If Dayton is out of here.

1. Bulldogs

2. Jags

3. Panthers

4. Indians

No way Nederland wins District. Lumberton, Dayton, PN-G Nederland

Nobody with faith in PNG. Ozen, Central come on, everybody talks them up every year, and then they lose to mid county team or teams and get bumped from going to the playoffs.  Dayton, PNG, Nederland, Lumberton

Get out of here.  Before 2007 season, what happened to MC?  They got slammed by Central.  Don't be talking like yall 'own' us because we all know that isn't the case.  Nederland will be there.  If Dayton is gone, then maybe your Indians will be there.  You have your nerve!  ::) ::)

Get out of here.  Before 2007 season, what happened to MC?  They got slammed by Central.  Don't be talking like yall 'own' us because we all know that isn't the case.  Nederland will be there.  If Dayton is gone, then maybe your Indians will be there.  You have your nerve!   ::) ::)

y doesnt anybody have respect for png? they were in the playoffs this past year with a young team theyll be back next year in full force expect big things from them.

Rumor has it, Dayton will stay in 22-4A.

1. Dayton - Lots of Senoirs on last years team but half our players were underclassmen and the non-starting underclassmen got a lot of playing time this last season.

2. Lumberton - I don't think they will be losing much, besides they have what they need to win, "Heart".

3 or 4. Nederland - I believe Sampere will be back right?, along with Cardenas.

3 or 4. Central - That many athletes can't stay down that long.

Rumor has it, Dayton will stay in 22-4A.

1. Dayton - Lots of Senoirs on last years team but half our players were underclassmen and the non-starting underclassmen got a lot of playing time this last season.

2. Lumberton - I don't think they will be losing much, besides they have what they need to win, "Heart".

3 or 4. Nederland - I believe Sampere will be back right?, along with Cardenas.

3 or 4. Central - That many athletes can't stay down that long.

Sampere will be gone because he is a senior.  But they have the young gun Kirby Bellows and his favorate target Asa Cardenas coming back.  Bellows will be a Junior next year.  :o :o

If the district stays the same...
Dayton should win again, they lost some key seniors, but so many juniors and sophomores played 15 games last season, plus Dayton's offensive and defensive lines will continue to add size and speed for at least the next 5 years (7th to 10th grade has some quality big linemen).  The big question for the Broncos is who will the 2nd and 3rd receivers be.  The Broncos will have to have a quality 2nd threat to punish teams that double and triple team AJ.  Running back will also need to be a quality replacement.  Cody and AJ should be the best two players on the field every time they play a district game.  Can't wait to get the highlights going again.
the 2nd to 4th place teams in no particular order could be....
Nederland, PN-G, and Central.
Don't forget about Ozen, they started picking up at the end of the year.
Lumberton lost so many key key playmakers.  Will be interesting to see if they can continue what was started by a very very good group of senior players.

Guest abovetherim
Sorry, I know I'm about to make some people mad. But, this is ridiculous 4 teams in each district making the playoffs. What is this? Watered down the playoffs with bad teams. There will be several teams with losing records in the PLAYOFFS.

Call me old fashion but until my senior year only one team made the playoffs. They should have kept it at two IMO.

[quote name="abovetherim" post="315479" timestamp="1200320853"]
Sorry, I know I'm about to make some people mad. But, this is ridiculous 4 teams in each district making the playoffs. What is this? Watered down the playoffs with bad teams. There will be several teams with losing records in the PLAYOFFS.

Call me old fashion but until my senior year only one team made the playoffs. They should have kept it at two IMO.
[/quote]
Just think of the teams from the Beumont area that could have made the playoffs in the 70's if there were more than one team going.  I agree, four teams is WAY to many.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="315570" timestamp="1200332195"]
[quote author=abovetherim link=topic=31807.msg315479#msg315479 date=1200320853]

[/quote]
Just think of the teams from the Beumont area that could have made the playoffs in the 70's if there were more than one team going.  I agree, four teams is WAY to many.
[/quote]The UIL is following the lead of our President in their "NO team left behind" program. They figured it worked in 5A, why not implement it in 4A as well. I agree, there are too many sub-par teams playing after week 10 with this system. Look at 21-5A for crying out loud. Kingwood was the fourth place team, and made the playoffs with a 3-6 record. I mean, come on.....when is enough, enough?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="315241" timestamp="1200291156"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=31807.msg315218#msg315218 date=1200263184]
Nobody with faith in PNG. Ozen, Central come on, everybody talks them up every year, and then they lose to mid county team or teams and get bumped from going to the playoffs.  Dayton, PNG, Nederland, Lumberton
[/quote]Get out of here.  Before 2007 season, what happened to MC?  They got slammed by Central.  Don't be talking like yall 'own' us because we all know that isn't the case.  Nederland will be there.  If Dayton is gone, then maybe your Indians will be there.  You have your nerve!   ::) ::)
[/quote]

Actually your Jags have had the edge on us when ya'll dropped from 5A, but with all of the athletes and hype that surrounds Central every year, I would say thier a disappointment more times than not. BTW, I am a Brook graduate ;D Mark my word with four teams going my NDNS will be in the playoffs. If Dayton is still in the district, it will be Dayton and the other three.

[quote name="abovetherim" post="315479" timestamp="1200320853"]

[/quote]

I agree, but there were a couple of fourth place teams playing for State in 5A this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder