Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
6 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Rough day to be a visible and accessible ambassador of DCTF 

Luckily I'm travelling and haven't seen too much of it...,but now that I'm in my hotel I'm sure I'll see it...lol

People, especially older less tech savvy people hate change and they hate the bumps that go along with it...it's just part of it...I know I've gotten some great feedback that I've passed along...one really nice change should be made either tonight or tomorrow...

There's no good time to roll out changes to the app like this...if we did it Week 1 people would complain...we picked Week 6 because this is the fewest amount of games in a week so any bumps and issues impact the fewest # of games and we have a week to make adjustments 

Posted
15 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

Luckily I'm travelling and haven't seen too much of it...,but now that I'm in my hotel I'm sure I'll see it...lol

People, especially older less tech savvy people hate change and they hate the bumps that go along with it...it's just part of it...I know I've gotten some great feedback that I've passed along...one really nice change should be made either tonight or tomorrow...

There's no good time to roll out changes to the app like this...if we did it Week 1 people would complain...we picked Week 6 because this is the fewest amount of games in a week so any bumps and issues impact the fewest # of games and we have a week to make adjustments 

Not directed at u personally btw. But...

During the off season would've been the best time. 

I feel like profitability drives change and not the actual users. Meaning nobody complained or left because the layout and content. Devs know fans dont have a choice. It's this or nothing. Dave Campbell by any other name just wouldn't be the same.

Would anyone buy Lincoln if it was called Mazda? Or Cadillac if they change the name to Crybabies?

Ive sent email to support about the favorites section. Im sure many people and sports media use this for updating scores. I had all 84 of our coverage teams set to faves for that reason. But I can still search every team individually. So just call me a Big Caddy

Posted
5 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Not directed at u personally btw. But...

During the off season would've been the best time. 

I feel like profitability drives change and not the actual users. Meaning nobody complained or left because the layout and content. Devs know fans dont have a choice. It's this or nothing. Dave Campbell by any other name just wouldn't be the same.

Would anyone buy Lincoln if it was called Mazda? Or Cadillac if they change the name to Crybabies?

Ive sent email to support about the favorites section. Im sure many people and sports media use this for updating scores. I had all 84 of our coverage teams set to faves for that reason. But I can still search every team individually. So just call me a Big Caddy

IMO the off-season wouldn't have been a good time because you still need live games to test...along with testing capacity etc....its also about resources allocation...you do all this testing in the off-season when live bullets aren't flying, invest time and resources and then the season starts and you invest additional time and resources to fix all the stuff you didnt catch in the off-season because you can't duplicate a Friday night....

Week 6 to me is perfect because its a Friday night in the regular season but not as busy.....I would have liked Week 1 too..but the stars didnt align....

Posted
26 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

IMO the off-season wouldn't have been a good time because you still need live games to test...along with testing capacity etc....its also about resources allocation...you do all this testing in the off-season when live bullets aren't flying, invest time and resources and then the season starts and you invest additional time and resources to fix all the stuff you didnt catch in the off-season because you can't duplicate a Friday night....

Week 6 to me is perfect because its a Friday night in the regular season but not as busy.....I would have liked Week 1 too..but the stars didnt align....

Request—if possible.

Can you ask about getting our ‘My Team’ back instead of just in favorites where we can still get our personalized news feed if the article mentions our ‘My Team’ like we used to get?

Also, while you’re that close, you may as well make the extra 1.5 hours and drive to the Big Texan. Try your luck with that 72 ouncer. (I am from Dalhart. So, you’re in my neck of the woods—if there were any woods. Go Dalhart Wolves!)

Posted
1 hour ago, OlDawg said:

Request—if possible.

Can you ask about getting our ‘My Team’ back instead of just in favorites where we can still get our personalized news feed if the article mentions our ‘My Team’ like we used to get?

Also, while you’re that close, you may as well make the extra 1.5 hours and drive to the Big Texan. Try your luck with that 72 ouncer. (I am from Dalhart. So, you’re in my neck of the woods—if there were any woods. Go Dalhart Wolves!)

You can email your request to [email protected] 

Posted
1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Difficult to navigate on my iPhone for sure 

I couldn’t get the scores to update. Had to just put them in the chat. Plus, my TL app on my ROKU doesn’t work again after this latest change. Boots me out before I can even log in.

They have some definite work to do…

Posted

If you're on the app and go into a game chat it wont show the whole post you make unless someone replies to it at the moment. I sent DCTF a message about it. It wasn't doing that yesterday morning so something must've happened overnight 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

 

After playing around with the site and also the app I can get used to it, just hope the chats get fixed. 🤞🏾

Posted
3 minutes ago, Darth Texas said:

Is it a new app? I didn’t know they had one. I’ll look for it 

It used to be the Football Friday App, but they updated it.

Still needs some updates 😂 

 

Type in Dave Campbell's Texas Sports. It should come up. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

It used to be the Football Friday App, but they updated it.

Still needs some updates 😂 

 

Type in Dave Campbell's Texas Sports. It should come up. 

I found it - I don’t mind the appearance so much in the app. And I like having the streaming housed in the same place as the site content. 

Posted
9 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

A lot and I mean a lot of folks on X are pretty unhappy with the changes made.

My timeline is full of complaints.

I saw a lot of stuff on my X as well. I saw where—if you’re not a subscriber—you can only favorite 1 team? I don’t know if true or not as I subscribe, so I didn’t have any limits on what I wanted to do.

Posted
1 minute ago, OlDawg said:

I saw a lot of stuff on my X as well. I saw where—if you’re not a subscriber—you can only favorite 1 team? I don’t know if true or not as I subscribe, so I didn’t have any limits on what I wanted to do.

Yep that's true. That's what was showing on mine before they fixed it. 

Posted
Just now, OlDawg said:

I saw a lot of stuff on my X as well. I saw where—if you’re not a subscriber—you can only favorite 1 team? I don’t know if true or not as I do subscribe…

That's one of the complaints for sure.

I am a subscriber and don't have those issues and also really don't have too much a problem with the changes. 

Took some time to figure out the navigation but I had no issues last night watching any games (except for camera work at NC) and keeping up with scores.

But, I did this all from a laptop. I don't use my phone for DCTF stuff.

Posted
Just now, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Yep that's true. That's what was showing on mine before they fixed it. 

Wow. That’s like NFHS tiered plans the way they do. If you want to favorite more than one team, you have to upgrade. (Or go around the system by changing your favorite team for each game you want to watch.) 😁

Posted

Wow, did the CEO of Cracker Barrel who got fired go to work for DCTX?  This new format is hard to navigate.   I guess in with the new out with the old.  SmH. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Member Statistics

    46,964
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    Hutch
    Newest Member
    Hutch
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...