Nederland RB to move to Memorial

Guest 87CRU79

Where is the district line between PA and Nederland ISD at in the area of Central Mall?

All his family has to do is maybe move down the street if they live in this area.

I thought Central Mall was in Nederland ISD?

If that is the case would the division line be Turtle Creek Drive or maybe even 75th street?

It is kind of weird how the district lines are laid down between Port Neches, Nederland, and PA.

They sometimes DON'T follow the city limits.

When they started building all the apartments around Babe Zaharias I was told you had a choice of going to PA or Nederland, but I am sure that has changed.

If the kid leaves in this neighborhood and his family lives in an apartment, he could physically move down the street and be in PAISD with NO PENALTY of having to wait out a year.

Any one with knowledge of where the school district lines are in the area between Twin City and HWY 69 I would appreciate the sharing of this.  It would seem like there are several quality athletes in this area that are within blocks of being in NISD, PAISD, or even PNISD.

To answer your qestion, the line runs 'south' of the mall on that street that runs between the banks and the mall.  Then it goes through Stonegate which Blackberry is the divider.  PA/PNG meanders between Lake Arthur appartments and the actual subdivision and your right, he could simply go down 9th Ave and attend PAM w/o penalty....

Thanks for the information....

It is hard to imagine that area in the 70's.

There was NOTHING between twin city and HWY 69.

Once you crossed twin city highway heading down HWY 365 there was a large tank farm and cow pasture as far as the eye could see as well as rice fields.

Now it is just hard to imagine this with all the new houses, golf course, mall, and all the apartments.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish the best for Roy, but agree it is a poor lesson to teach a kid that he is more important than the team.  He's already playing Varsity baseball?  How did they get an early start? ???

All they have to do is give a relatives address in either district thier moving to and say thats where thier living, been goin on between WOS and LCM for years.

True , but Ned has a officer that does check.  It takes time, but they do send quite a few back.

It would scare you to learn how many NISD students live in PAISD.There has been a mass exodus to the neighboring districts of PAISD. HFISD,NISD,PNGISD &Sabine Pass. Sabine Pass could not field their sports teams if it were not for PAISD students that transferred to SP after the merger.The families that could not move for one reason or the other have found a way to get their kids into a better situation.A student athlete must sit out 15 school days in order to be eligible for varsity sports once they move into the district. After attending the district one year they do not have to reside in the district to be eligible under the UIL.But local attendance requirements will override the UIL one year rule. Why anybody in their right mind would move to PAISD is beyond me.

It would scare you to learn how many NISD students live in PAISD.There has been a mass exodus to the neighboring districts of PAISD. HFISD,NISD,PNGISD &Sabine Pass. Sabine Pass could not field their sports teams if it were not for PAISD students that transferred to SP after the merger.The families that could not move for one reason or the other have found a way to get their kids into a better situation.A student athlete must sit out 15 school days in order to be eligible for varsity sports once they move into the district. After attending the district one year they do not have to reside in the district to be eligible under the UIL.But local attendance requirements will override the UIL one year rule. Why anybody in their right mind would move to PAISD is beyond me.

That is what I was thinking...

There must be lots of kids in the area around Central Mall that are going to NISD and PNISD even though they live in Port Arthur ISD.

Just curious....

Will the new high school they are building have frontage access to HWY 69?

It looks like it won't.

If the only way to get into that school is on 9th Ave, talk about a traffic night mare.

I would hate crossing 9th Ave while playing golf at the Babe during school hours.

It might be like level 5 on Frogger.

That is what I was thinking...

There must be lots of kids in the area around Central Mall that are going to NISD and PNISD even though they live in Port Arthur ISD.

Just curious....

Will the new high school they are building have frontage access to HWY 69?

It looks like it won't.

If the only way to get into that school is on 9th Ave, talk about a traffic night mare.

I would hate crossing 9th Ave while playing golf at the Babe during school hours.

It might be like level 5 on Frogger.

You can get to the new HS from 69 on Sgt Adams drive which goes past the softball/baseball fields and Our Lady of Guadalupe(sp).  Ninth will probably be jammed up with kids walking home to Stonegate and surrounding appartments but the buses will go up Adams to 69's feeder etc. 

As far as Nederland being a better situation.  I know there are some parents who think sitting next to white kids makes the education better but I'm not nor never be 1 of those parents.  I feel parents who run to MC schools are cowards and make the situation worse in PA than better.  Want to change the perception most Whites around here have of PAISD?  Instead of running away, vote, run get involved.  My oldest goes to Central and is doing well.  Going to WB would have her in a building with 2500 kids which is built for 1700.  Then their this thing about how y'all medicate your kids for bipolar and other so-called behavioral problems which again is not condusive to a quality education IMO.  Bottom line:  Ned lost a quality STUDENT/athlete to PAM and as the new school comes to completion, their may be so more transfers to come.....

Sometimes a kid and his family must do what they believe to be in their own self interest

Thast right go and get that great education at PA any parent would move there kid from Nederland to PA for their great academics.

If you could earn a degree in arse kissing well MC schools could start their own university.  I would with Nederland grads and I'm far from impressed with their so-called great academics.  Now brown-nosing they have that down to a sience....

Having said that, I've always had a low opinion of Nuemann of what happens to most NHS ball players post graduation so Roy and his fam are looking past HS.  Good move, and besides, he'll graduate from a shiny new building....

SFA85 for PRESIDENT of EVERTHING - Oh man you too much

Was glancing through this post and thought I would input my two cents.  UIL rules (as far as sitting out one year) pertain to VARSITY players moving rom one school distrct to the next. A student CANNOT move for athletic purposes, whether he moves out of the district or not.  If he has announced he is moving for athletic purposes, then he can be disqualified, if someone protests it, and if people will speak up and say they heard he was moving for athleic reasons and/or if the coach from the school from which is moving does NOT sign the waiver. If he has NEVER played varsity before, there is a 15 day rule (something like that), where he cannot play in a varsity game for 15 days.  If a student lives in one district but moves to another, he can continue to attend the same school he has been attending as long as he never checks out of school. 

We are in a town where changing schools has been prominent.  Kids move back and forth for one reason or another.  Heard one coach say, though, that most kids who do that are usually running FROM something, not running TO something better.

My last thought on this (actually it was my first thought) was to chuckle at the kid being upset that he is being moved from RB to LB.  At WOS, the kids WANT to play defense.  That ol' chain gang just means something to the WOS players.  They LOVE it!  P.S.  the Jamaal Charles statement....tell that to Kevin Smith, who had major success at A&M and Dallas.  He was a WR and CB at WOS.  His playing defense didn't seem to hurt his career, did it?  And last, but not least, I believe there are 11 players on both sides of the ball on the field at all times.  I'm pretty sure that the colleges and pros recruit defensive players, too.  If a guy is good enough, he is going to get a look....no doubt about it.  It's just kind of humorous that people think someone has to be a QB or RB to get a scholarship.  It's called TEAMWORK, plain and simple.  If the coach thinks he's a better fit at LB, then he needs to learn that position and be the best LB he can be.  It may help him be a better running back, should he ever be called upon.  Look at Paul Thomas ('00 team).  He was RB and LB......and one tough player.  His first position on the team, though, was LB.  He went to college on a scholarship as LB. 

ya---that's right who needs to learn about team or playing for a team at the high school level.....it's all about me me me......What i can do for me.....everyone else should know I'm playing for me and not the team..........any team...........no mater what uniform I wear I play for .......(this is the ipod world now).......now there can be an I in team......we'll just call it iteam..............lol.........who needs an ieducation??.......lol 

we are making the road longer and the fall from grace farther for all of our kids these days....Allowing them to grow up faster then they should, make adult decisions at much younger ages.  Please let the kids be kids.....If at this young of an age we are already placing kids and projecting kids to be able to play in the NFL........yet they haven't even ran 50 times in a High school uni??  What will be there to catch these kids on their way down??

good luck to this young man and what ever decisions he is making.....I hope things work out!!

I have finally developed a thought on this subject.

If the kid felt he was being shafted and has a legitimate shot at getting a college scholarship itd be foolish to not fend for himself. He's doing what he has to too get what he needs. Just my 2 cents.

I agree. This has to be a parent/son/coach decision with the parent and son making the ultimate call. Any parent that would not do what is best for his child is not worth his salt---regardless of what the community at large thinks about it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder