*HJ vs. EC Championship Game 6PM/EC WINS*

KFDM COOP

Guest catfever

Always an excuse.  EC ran a 2-3 zone 90% of the game.  HJ pressed.  The foul count should have been lopsided.  Even the case, HJ still missed tons of free throws in the game.  Blame yourself for not making free throws.  Accept a loss, don't blame somebody else.

It is obvious that I am a huge HJ fan and they lost the game themselves tonight.  Too many TO's, missed FT's, etc.  EC had a great game plan and executed it well.

On the other hand it is sad when a EC fan comes up to me after the game and said that HJ got the raw end of the deal on fouls.

BTW

HJ 3 out of 9 from the line.

EC 23 out of 39 from the line.

Nevertheless great win for EC and yes they have a great group of kids, coach and fans.  Best of luck this year.

Lazeek, but HJ will always have more fouls than other teams with their physical style of play.  EC packed in a 2-3 zone and HJ really didn't attack the bucket in the half court so of course they aren't going to have as many FT attempts are fouls, where as EC went at the bucket every time they broke the press. 

If both teams would have been pressing and playing the same style and the FT count would have been that way then you could totally make the argument, but in this case your comparing apples to oranges.

On another note, that was a GREAT High School baskeball atmosphere and I for one was glad I was able to witness the best SETX has to offer.  GOOD JOB to both schools for bringing great players, coaching, and fans tonight.

EC has played HJ a couple of times before and played man to man and were beat by 20+ each game. This game they played zone and HJ shoots poorly from the outside. Normally HJ tears it up outside against zones but not tonight. Good coaching by EC. HJ missed the few free throw opportunities they were given. If you don't get many chances you need to make them count. The subject of referee's is usually out of my comments but I will make 1. HJ does play aggressive defense. I"m sure they will foul more than most teams during the course of the year. But the results usually pay off. Give a little to get a lot. Do I think the fouls on each end of the court were called the same on the same type plays. "NO". But that is basketball in SETX. If you go to another gym you are going to have nights like that. I know people think that way about HJ at times. Anyway, the kids had nothing to do with referees so both teams players are to be congradulated for a great game and sportsmanship. Great game and good luck to EC and HJ for the remainder of their district season. Both will be in the playoffs and I will be pulling for you both to get to state and bring home the trophies.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder