OZEN OR H.J.-WHO WOULD YOU TAKE IN THIS MATCHUP?

Guest kf89

ima have 2 go with ozen on this one cause H.J think they can beat anybody just because they won state last year... they only won it because of donahoe ( dont know if thats how you spell his name sorry if its wrong)

Ha, I love how everyone else thinks that Donahoe was the ONLY winning factor on HJ's squad last year!

Don't get me wrong, he was a big part of it, but there is no way that he could have done that without the help of:

Burrell, Benard, Ricossa, Sundgren, Payne, Weldon-- who, by the way, are STILL on the team this year!

These guys are back-- WITH State Championship experience-- and READY to play!

[i think this was proven by playing TCH and LCM!]

I have coached kids from both these teams for the last four or five summers.  I honestly don't know who would win.  I am biased toward HJ, since my sons play there, so I have to check myself.  Logic tells me Ozen would kill us on the boards; however, I've seen HJ out-hustle a lot of bigger, more athletic teams.  It would be a fun game to watch, but it probably won't happen.  I can see how Coach Boutte and Coach Sutherland would feel the risks outweigh the rewards of such a game.  Also, I don't know if the kids would even want to play against their friends-- there's a lot of mutual respect between the players on these two teams.  In Austin last year they were visiting in their hotel rooms, wishing each other well, fighting off nervousness together.  I know they'd love to be able to do that again this year!

i'd say ozen by 10-15 points on a neutral floor.  this is not a knock to HJ.  when you take one of the top 4A programs in the state, they should beat one of the top 3A programs in the state.  Ozen would have a size advantage, and HJ would not have the talent advantage that they usually have against most teams.  I don't think this would be a blowout, and losing by 10 to ozen is a very respectable result for any 3A team. 

4a schools beat 5a schools all the time in basketball.so to say you expect ozen to lose to a team just becuz they are 5a is a joke.

it's not uncommon, but if you take a good 4A team and a good 5A team and match them up, the 5A team is generally going to be the favorite.  also, i wouldn't hold losing to a couple of much larger schools against Ozen.  that was all i was trying to say. 

Ozen will be OK in 4a...  The only regional team that worries me is Yates....  They are big, atheletic, and they press from the bus through the entire game and back to the bus.

It is hard being a small 4A competing against 5A schools with large talent crops.  The Aldine schools have become very competitive over the last 8 years! Ozen will be fine....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder