22-4A in 2008

Guest TravelingBandsman

With Green/Dugat back for their sr.yr.& a likely hood of a state title in their grasps,losing 12 seniors will not effect those "BRONCOS"as many underclassman have gotten playing time this year in blowout games + a really good jv team moving up to fill the gaps.Nearly every program I have seen this year Dayton has been outnumbered by 6 to 12 more seniors..

I have been told by many officials that the biggest jump in game speed from 7th to varsity is the jump from JV to varsity.

Any freshmen that is able to go from 8th grade junior high football straight to varsity is truly talented, there is just a huge leap in the speed of the game.

every coach has at least 2 people for every position thats a fact. Theres not many teams that have 2 players who are better than a star and the star have to play jv untill his senior year. lumberton is not one of those teams, otherwise they wouldnt have had such an unbalanced offense.

Honestly, do you think Larry Nuemann and the Bulldogs will miss the playoffs in consecutive seasons? You gotta figure the Dogs will be back in 08 with the amount of talent returning and probably the best coaching staff in the area. (WOS/Dayton have arguments). Nederland returns the entire WR corps, 3 OL, QB, an underused RB who people will get to know soon I hope (Roy) and a good bit of talent on D.

Lumberton, yall had a great season....do it again. Nederland/PNG/Dayton's reputation wasn't built on one season alone. Now that yall know how to win maybe you will learn how to act when you win. And please, get a new PA announcer next year...I mean let's get real, the guy is making irrelevant and unneccessary comments about teenage kids.

Honestly, do you think Larry Nuemann and the Bulldogs will miss the playoffs in consecutive seasons? You gotta figure the Dogs will be back in 08 with the amount of talent returning and probably the best coaching staff in the area. (WOS/Dayton have arguments). Nederland returns the entire WR corps, 3 OL, QB, an underused RB who people will get to know soon I hope (Roy) and a good bit of talent on D.

Lumberton, yall had a great season....do it again. Nederland/PNG/Dayton's reputation wasn't built on one season alone. Now that yall know how to win maybe you will learn how to act when you win. And please, get a new PA announcer next year...I mean let's get real, the guy is making irrelevant and unneccessary comments about teenage kids.

Hey meathead! Have you ever realized that your announcer is biased also!

No, not all towns, but one town will and I bet they did not play organized basketball for the first time in middle school.  That has been the case for Lumberton football until the past few years.  Lumberton is just now starting to get kids who have been playing football for 8 or 9 years instead of 3 or 4.  Not only will playing at an early age make your skills better, but will also "weed out" the players who really do not want to play anyway.

I've been hearing those comments all year about how they've been in the same system for x # of years yadda, yadda, yadda... but (with no disrespect intended, for L-Town had an awesome team) although that may be new to Lumberton, it's not new to some programs like PNG and Ned.  PNG's kids work in the same system all the way up and have been since the 70's.  There's alot more to it that the mere fact that they've played together.  Otherwise, with that theory, Lumberton could expect to win it all for the next several decades.  That just aint so.

Guest TravelingBandsman

I'd say an 80% chance that we do. 21-4A is losing several teams including New Caney, Forest Brook, Smiley and maybe Huffman. They might be adding Channelview and Baytown Memorial. With that, they'll need Dayton to make it at least a 7 team district.

If Dayton moves over there. I can almost guarantee with the returns that we have plus our A+ coaching staff, we'll definitely dominate the district undefeated. I look forward to who will be the Low Seed from our old District 22-4A.

1.Dayton

2.PN-G

3.Nederland... scrubs

4.Lumberton

5.Central

6.Ozen

7.Little Cypress

8.Vidor

We will have alot of returning offensive starters .. but we have always had a strong D and we well be able to put a solid D together..   ((Shock The world tour 2008!!!))

LOL.  ::)

Hey Meat,    best coaching staff in the area???? Larry Nuemann couldn't hold Jerry Stewart's jock.  Jerry stewart has done more with less year in and year out.  Put down the pipe!

Hey Meat,    best coaching staff in the area???? Larry Nuemann couldn't hold Jerry Stewart's jock.  Jerry stewart has done more with less year in and year out.  Put down the pipe!

Please.  Neumann has a better playoff record, higher winning percentage, and has done it in a much tougher district than 21-4a.

I 'll take take Coach Neumann any day. Nederland was very young this year. Although I do think Dravanti Johnson should have been used on offense at least 70% of the time at either TE or RB. He is to big and strong, we probably should have had 3-4 more people going both ways at crunch time.

QB - Bellow

RB - Johnson

TE-FB- Gutierez

Would have helped with protection and more powerful running threat, but we will never know, to bad.

2008 SHOULD BE A GOOD YEAR FOR THE DOGS.

I 'll take take Coach Neumann any day. Nederland was very young this year. Although I do think Dravanti Johnson should have been used on offense at least 70% of the time at either TE or RB. He is to big and strong, we probably should have had 3-4 more people going both ways at crunch time.

QB - Bellow

RB - Johnson

TE-FB- Gutierez

Would have helped with protection and more powerful running threat, but we will never know, to bad.

2008 SHOULD BE A GOOD YEAR FOR THE DOGS.

So you're saying Neumann doesn't know how to use his players properly?  That's a good argument for why he's better. You said Nederland was "very young."  It looked like the 7th grade B team out there when Dayton hung 63 on them. Stewart took a program that had made the playoffs twice in my lifetime and has been there 12 straight years with 7 or 8 district championships.  Put Neumann in Dayton and it would be a different story.  22 4a might be a tough district, but Dayton made it look pretty weak for the last two years.

So you're saying Neumann doesn't know how to use his players properly?  That's a good argument for why he's better. You said Nederland was "very young."  It looked like the 7th grade B team out there when Dayton hung 63 on them. Stewart took a program that had made the playoffs twice in my lifetime and has been there 12 straight years with 7 or 8 district championships.  Put Neumann in Dayton and it would be a different story.  22 4a might be a tough district, but Dayton made it look pretty weak for the last two years.

Dayton has only got past a 22-4a team in the playoffs once, against PNG.  All other times our district rep knocked you out.  That district makes you play down to them.

Besides it seems I remember a 49-14 whooping in the playoffs a couple of years ago.  So it goes both ways.

Guest TravelingBandsman

With that way of thinking, last year when we first came into 22-4A, we should have lost almost every game. Instead, we plowed over everyone except Central. Guess it's not always the same story.

With that way of thinking, last year when we first came into 22-4A, we should have lost almost every game. Instead, we plowed over everyone except Central. Guess it's not always the same story.

Nope, I'm not thinking that. I'm pointing out that the weak 21-4a didn't help you out against 22-4a in the playoffs.

After playing down to the opposition, its hard to ramp it up for better opponents.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa