What do you like most about your coach?

Guest Orangeboy

Coach Griff at LC-M is not only an excellent coach, who knows the rules, gets the most out of his players, makes great game decisions, etc. But the most important thing is that he cares about his players. He goes out of his way to make sure that any player that is interested in moving on to the next level, has a chance to do that. I will never forget him telling a player, after a heartbreaking loss in the Astrodome to Nederland, that if this is the worst thing that ever happens to you in life, your life will be OK. And for all you doubters out there, I have not had or will have a son that plays for him. Coach Griff is, simply put, a fine man.

Coach Landry of HF just knows the game better than any coach i no he can actually tell u how each position in the field is suppose to be played and he knows how to get the point across to his players

For a team thats not from a baseball rich community he does exceptionaly well with the talent he has to work with. This IMO is what makes a good coach not one that is loaded with talent and has plenty to choose from as LCM, PNG, Ned among others. He brings the 'Old School' back as that is what he was taught. You often hear players-dads when asked if there coach played after HS answer "I heard he played college ball' or "he played in HS" I'm hear to tell you Coach Landry was a major contributor (starter) in both JUCO, D1 and on nationally ranked teams not to mention what he did while at Ned HS. I dought thers is any local coach that has been where he's been, played with or for coaches or players you now see in the Big Leagues. You guys at HF have IMO the best coach in the area. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine