Mustangs in 2008

wos4ever

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is what has been told to me by other coaches. the kids at orange will big bigger and that been a long time since thay have had that sounds strange coming from  wo-s. got a kid 6ft 3 with super speed he will be one that alot of us will be looking at. the running game will be  just as good as this year maybe a little better so we have been told and the passing game LOTS better.the wo-s team will have just as much team speed as in the years past we will see.dan hooks and his taff arre already at work with there kids thats the way it is up in mustang counrty,as thompson says i will have you stronger and better than last year and you can count on that.

PLEASE TELL US TOBY IS RETURNING

If he does return it will be interesting to see if yall talk about him when we lose like yall talk about the one we have now. My guess is nothing will change but the name. The complaining will continue when we lose.

Now I have tried to behave myself over the last month, but since my expertize is being requested, I will go ahead and spread my knowledge.  I have heard like many others that there will be some changes at the corral before the 2008 season.  Hopefully these are the correct changes.  I think most of us agree that changes are LONG overdue, but we will just have to wait and see.  My assesment of the la vega game is that they were a very athletic team and our DEFENSE led by CORNEL THOMPSON completely shut them down most of the night.  Offensively, the usual against an athletic playoff team.  We look pretty good in the first half, but I knew something was up whenever I saw the BREAD TRUCK pull up to the WOS side of the press box just before the second half started.  Just like Giddings in 2006, we were at least TWO TD'S better than levega.  Oh well another year, another BREAD TRUCK!! 

THANK GOD FOR CORNEL THOMPSON OR THESE GAMES WOULDN'T BE CLOSE!!!

Guest wos mustangs

I want Toby back as the next Mustang fan and faithful. But we have to have an opening first. Last word was Bassinger was retiring, any new word on this?

Haven't heard about coaching changes, but I talked to one of the coaches and i know that Hippo will be playing alot at safety. Even though he will still be the starting Qb, garrett will see alot of time at Qb because Hippo will be on defense quite a bit. We will have Josh Gloston back at cornerback and I was told that Roderick Simmons will be the other corner and from what I hear, he's one heck of a corner, so we will be strong at the cornerback and safety positions. Of couse Quinny will be back and we won't miss a beat with him because he's a mirror image of his brother. I was also told that James Haynes might see more time at runningback which is his natural position. I have been raving about freshman Wr Mark Roberts and when I asked about him to one of the coaches, he said he might end up being the best Wr that Wo-s has ever had. He has great size and speed. I'm also looking forward to having Trey Franks back, I think he could have done some damage if we hadn't lost him to injury early in the season. I think next years team will be even better than this years team.

Guest Chaingang Defense

YEA THERE'S NO DOUBT NEXT SEASONS TEAM WILL BE BETTER, CAN'T WAIT

I JUST WISH WE WOULD MIX PLAYS UP MORE, NO EXCUSES FOR THIS NEXT SEASON WE'LL HAVE THE PLAYERS.

So how did the school that this Toby went to do this year?  You guys are killing me.  If he was to come back and you did not win state, you would just turn on him and start badgering him. What other plays do you guys want to run?  Someone give me the stats for WOS on the year, offensively.  I have got to see this to study what everyone is complaining about. 

So how did the school that this Toby went to do this year?  You guys are killing me.  If he was to come back and you did not win state, you would just turn on him and start badgering him. What other plays do you guys want to run?  Someone give me the stats for WOS on the year, offensively.  I have got to see this to study what everyone is complaining about. 

What plays do we want to run?  We would like to run some plays that would at least produce a first down.  I am not sure exactly how the school did that he went to, I know they lost in the playoffs, but I can assure that the school he went to does not even come close to having the tradition that this one does.  As a matter of fact there are only about 4 or 5 other schools in the state that do.  The excuses are getting old, and it is hard to imagine that year in and year out we will allow ourselves to get outcoached on the offensive side of the ball and lose to teams that we shouldn't.  I would rather lose with one of our own in Toby, then an outsider.  It is time for a change!!

THANK GOD FOR CORNEL THOMPSON OR THESE GAMES WOULDN'T EVEN BE CLOSE!!!

Oh so it just comes down to one of your own.  I now get it.  I will definitely remember than when Toby comes back. You would rather lose with one of your own.  That would last until the first lost.  If he would.  How many state championships does WOS have?  You want this place to be on the same level with the powerhouses of today like Katy, Southlake, Tatum, and Gilmer.  It is funny how I have friends in 2 of those towns and I ask them how whether the fans beat up the philosophies and coaching; they say that the community is totally behind everything.  You have you few idiots out there that try to stir the pot for you never here the things that I hear in the stands at those games.  You are the one that brought up the attendance at the games are down this year.  I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that enrollment at school is down?  HMMMM?  You guys are so smart that you are dumb

Oh so it just comes down to one of your own.  I now get it.  I will definitely remember than when Toby comes back. You would rather lose with one of your own.  That would last until the first lost.  If he would.  How many state championships does WOS have?  You want this place to be on the same level with the powerhouses of today like Katy, Southlake, Tatum, and Gilmer.  It is funny how I have friends in 2 of those towns and I ask them how whether the fans beat up the philosophies and coaching; they say that the community is totally behind everything.  You have you few idiots out there that try to stir the pot for you never here the things that I hear in the stands at those games.  You are the one that brought up the attendance at the games are down this year.  I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that enrollment at school is down?  HMMMM?  You guys are so smart that you are dumb

This is my point exactly 07194.  WOS should be just as successful as the programs that you named, but WE ARE NOT.  Since 2000, Katy (2) State Titles, Tatum (2) State Titles, Southlake Carrol (3) State Titles, Gilmer (2) State Titles, WOS (0) State Titles.  If I was a fan at one of these places I wouldn't  complain either, there ENTIRE staff is getting it done.  I don't see how enrollment is a factor as long as we are in our proper classification.  When we dropped to 4A, our enrollment was dropping, and we fared pretty good then.  That is an EXCUSE and that has been happening alot over the last several years.

THANK GOD FOR CORNEL THOMPSON OR THESE GAMES WOULDN'T EVEN BE CLOSE!!

Exactly.  Now look at the paths of their trips to the state championships.  Paths, Kids, Support ( are they playing for the people of the town or in spite of the people of the town)  Because this year, according to some of the kids that I spoke with they were playing in spite of the town.  Hard to be proudful when the town does not support.  Wanting you to lose just so they can point blame.  I say once again, Go and face the man, do not hide behind a screen name and computer.  Go get what you need to do the job for him. 

Guest Hatchet

Again, relay your thoughts to Dan and let him know that you are smarter than him.  By the way, I'm sure Coach Olin would like to know how dumb he is for not making Toby the OC at Baytown Lee.

Guest Chaingang Defense

Exactly.  Now look at the paths of their trips to the state championships.  Paths, Kids, Support ( are they playing for the people of the town or in spite of the people of the town)  Because this year, according to some of the kids that I spoke with they were playing in spite of the town.  Hard to be proudful when the town does not support.  Wanting you to lose just so they can point blame.  I say once again, Go and face the man, do not hide behind a screen name and computer.  Go get what you need to do the job for him. 

COACH HOOKS TO NICE IN THE HEART TO MAKE A CHANGE, BUT IT HAS TO BE DONE

WE NOT SAYING IT HAS TO BE TOBY, HECK ANYBODY THAT IS A COACH

man lt seems like the oc is not totally bad when you consider wos has never lost a 3a distric game and usally averages 30+ points a game. yes we have lost a couple of game we should have won over the last few years but it is a team loss. coaches may call the plays but the players have to execute. there is also a little luck involved. i believe wos does a fine job all around. keep in mind sometimes you can make a change and everything goes backwards. look at pro football, just because you bring in a coach that has won a superbowl does not mean he will win one for the new team. i think to win at the top level everything has to line up perfectly, ei. no injuries, playcalling, talent, matchups, a whole lot of things have to be just right. WOS will win a state title again, but things will have to be perfectly lined up. Who knows 08 is looking very promising. Either way i for one will be supporting WOS NO MATTER WHAT! I was at this years last game and WOS did great all the way around. We were just beaten by a very strong team that had some things go there way. No way did we lose because of one person. All the coaches play an important role in this team and not one by himself can kill it. anyway these are just my observations over the last 20 years of watching mustang football. GO WOS MUSTANGS!

Guest wos mustangs

You have some valid points. As Mustang fans it's hard to lose, it really is. You know fellows we beat Dayton and look where they are, just hard to digest sometime knowing we should be able to win in the 3A playoffs from week three on. Some changes may be needed and are possible i would guess but remember this was a young team this season.