Mustangs in 2008

wos4ever

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wos mustangs

Without sounding like someone on a witch hunt, we need to give someone else a shot at playcalling. If we're wrong, we're wrong. Let's at least find out. Too many people from too many other schools (local and state-wide) have questioned our offensive calls in clutch situations. Let's give Toby a shot.

The current OC is a great person and we as Mustangs love him. But he's had his chance and it's time for someone else to give it a shot.

As long as WOS is in 3A they will never win a state title.  They are a better than average team, but will always over-rated.  2008 will be no different, except within the next 2 years they will lose district to Jasper.

And as long as you're breathing, you'll hate WO-S...blah, blah, blah.  ::)

I got knews for you, Mr. #1 WO-S hater.  This is not 2003.  Get over it.  We were overrated as the #1 team beginning the season THAT year.   

THIS year, we started lots of juniors and sophomores, we weren't even picked to win our district, but we made it to the 3rd round of the playoffs.  That's not overrated, that's over-ACHIEVING. 

I must confess that I apparently spoke too soon regarding our preseason games.  Doesn't look like Sulphur is going to pan out.  Could be Ned and/or PNG, LCM.  I was under the impression it was set and it wasn't.  I apologize for misleading anyone.....

What I was told it will be PN-G, LC-M and Bay City.

Guest Kelly Football

Without sounding like someone on a witch hunt, we need to give someone else a shot at playcalling. If we're wrong, we're wrong. Let's at least find out. Too many people from too many other schools (local and state-wide) have questioned our offensive calls in clutch situations. Let's give Toby a shot.

Sometimes a change is good!

Guest Chaingang Defense

MOST STARTERS RETURNING NEXT YEAR THAN EVER. BUT IF PLAYS ON OFFENSE AND PLAYCALLING DOESN'T CHANGE THEN ROUND 3 WE'RE OUT AGAIN. ALL WE HAVE TO DO AGAINST STATE RANKED TEAMS IS MIX THE PLAYS UP AND NOT RUN RUN RUN AND PUNT

Guest Chaingang Defense

YOU CAN'T WHEN YOU RUN RUN RUN THEN PUNT. TEAMS THAT ARE TOP 3 IN THE 3RD ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS KNOW WHAT WE DO BY THEN AND WE CAN'T EXACUTE.

WITH THE ATHLETES WE HAVE WHY CAN'T WE MIX PLAYS UP? 77 YOU HAVE TO THINK WHAT WE RE SAYING HERE! IF YOU THROW THE ROCK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD MORE SHORT PASSES NO WAY PEOPLE COULD SLOW US DOWN. KEEP THOSE DEFENSES OFF BALANCE WE WOULD DO GREAT!

Guest Dirk Diggler

I really look for Crouch to get a job after the first of the new year, this is terrible not getting to play during the holidays with all the skilled people we have on Offense.

Guest wos mustangs

Soon i hope Bud. I think with he and Goodwin calling the plays we may be able to put up 30 or 40 like China Springs and other teams we've never heard of are doing.

All of you Toby supporters, think that bringing one guy back is going to make a difference or a change.  One person doesn't make or break a program, unless it is the guy in charge.  All coaches are important, but the head coach is the one that makes the decisions.  Obviously, the guy in charge didn't think that Toby was the most qualified for the job or he would have made that change.  If you think that the program at WOS has problems, but is successful, try being in the shoes of the schools that lose year after year.  Oh and by the way, I don't think that any comments made on this message boarad about coaches on here make a difference as to what is really being done.  The AD/Head football coach is in charge and unless you are him, I think you need to support the players and the coaches reguardless of who they are and what they did.

All of you Toby supporters, think that bringing one guy back is going to make a difference or a change.  One person doesn't make or break a program, unless it is the guy in charge.  All coaches are important, but the head coach is the one that makes the decisions.  Obviously, the guy in charge didn't think that Toby was the most qualified for the job or he would have made that change.  If you think that the program at WOS has problems, but is successful, try being in the shoes of the schools that lose year after year.  Oh and by the way, I don't think that any comments made on this message boarad about coaches on here make a difference as to what is really being done.  The AD/Head football coach is in charge and unless you are him, I think you need to support the players and the coaches reguardless of who they are and what they did.

Ok this is a well thought out post, and everybody is entitled to an opinion, even if that opinion is wrong.  "Bringing back one guy is not going to make or break a program."  WOS without CORNEL THOMPSON for three years = NO PLAYOFFS.  After bringing back ONE GUY (CORNEL THOMPSON) that doesn't make or break the program = 42-7 overall record, 4 district titles, and 1 regional title.  There is not much validity to your ONE GUY doesn't make or break theory.  You are just another outsider that doesn't know what goes on in MUSTANG LAND, but thanks for your opinion.

THANK GOD FOR CORNEL THOMPSON, OR THESE GAMES WOULDN'T EVEN BE CLOSE!!

Ok this is a well thought out post, and everybody is entitled to an opinion, even if that opinion is wrong.  "Bringing back one guy is not going to make or break a program."  WOS without CORNEL THOMPSON for three years = NO PLAYOFFS.  After bringing back ONE GUY (CORNEL THOMPSON) that doesn't make or break the program = 42-7 overall record, 4 district titles, and 1 regional title.  There is not much validity to your ONE GUY doesn't make or break theory.  You are just another outsider that doesn't know what goes on in MUSTANG LAND, but thanks for your opinion.

THANK GOD FOR CORNEL THOMPSON, OR THESE GAMES WOULDN'T EVEN BE CLOSE!!

Look, I'll give credit where credit is due. Coach Thompson is a fantastic coach, he did bring back the defense to what it once was. But to say he was the difference over the last 4 years is inaccurate. Don't kid yourself, the biggest difference in the success over the last 4 years for WOS was them dropping down to 3A. Yes, I know, the Mustangs were successful in 4A, but not of late. Them dropping to 3A, along with my Silsbee Tigers, was very beneficial to both of them. That's just the cold hard facts.

Guest Hatchet

If run, run, run, doesn't work, how did Liberty Hill win the 3A state championship without throwing ONE pass?  It ain't the x's and o's,  it's the Larrys and Joes! Execution is the KEY!