all non-believers 4a vs. 5a- stats facts

liltex

for years people have said 4a can't hang w/5a schools in football.the stats in chron.com/hs-go to scoreboard-click on team sch.scan to team-change start date to 09-01-07-click on go.you can cross ref.any area team stats & scores.EXAMPLE-westbrook barely lost to clements 36-33.w/brook beat-atascosita-kingwood-bayt.lee & sterling-pt.arth.memorial-humble-channelview-so.houston.GREAT***RIGHT **RIGHT---LETS LOOK BACK & SEE*** WESTBROOK 8-BMT.OZEN 6 @ HALFTIME*FINAL W/BROOK 21-OZEN 6 **W/BROOK 21- BMT.CENTRAL 10 @ HALFTIME---FINAL W/BROOK 34-CENTRAL17-----IS DAYTON STILL AROUND BY LUCK ???? LETS COMPARE--DAYTON 20-OZEN 0 HALFTIME***FINAL DAYTON 33-0ZEN 0***DAYTON 10- CENTRAL 0  HALFTIME--FINAL  DAYTON 20- CENTRAL 0.not intended to hurt any feelings here just showing it is no fluke the "BRONCOS" can win it all.if you believe come out & lets bring it home to s.e.texas.see ya there.GO BRONCOS

Dude,  Dayton got beat by a 3A team and Lumberton.  They are good, but don't fool yourself into thinking that they are ready for a 5A schedule. ::)

These comparisons hold VERY little value---espicially PRE-SEASON(means zero)--first district game with 4 starters out--as close to absolutly no value at all

i never said that lumberton,west orange,or friendswood did'nt beat dayton-west orange been beating dayton for years.i was making a comparison. the only diff.in 4a vs,5a they only have more students enrolled.yes they have more athletes to choose from. still only 11 at a time can play.if you don't play both ways your fresh.so much for that,thought i would put it on paper/rather a screen so some non-believers will shut=up.on a given day-in a game of football-the big underdog takes down a perrienal powerhouse.*****example APPLAC. STATE BEAT MICHIGAN>etc etc.for years people have voiced their opinions & newspapers have printed the stories of let powerhouse la marque play katy-or let bay city play odessa permian.right now lsu could beat new orleans saints you can bet on that. get it now.

If what you are trying to say is that a smaller clssification team can sometime beat a larger school, I totally agree.  happens every week.  But you are stretching when you compare Dayton's scores against Ozen/Central with West Brook's scores against the same teams.  Those are preseason games which have little meaning for West Brook.  We were still alternating players at different positions, working on new plays, etc.    You also have to take into account field conditions, weather, etc. 

If you want to argue that Dayton is better than some 5A teams this year, I agree.  I just think your methods used in trying to make your point were not well reasoned.  JMO.  Sorry if I "hurt your feelings" :D

and 2 of daytons 3 losses came the same way in non-district &w/orange stark just put up their pads.friendswood was a t eam that beat dayton by 1 & lost to tex.city & lamarque in a close game.lumberton beat dayton in the last moments 8 to 7.I am not to sure of what the current record in post season 4A games are but a [3] game total to date of 134-17 may be in the mix.

If you believe what you say[silly thread]then why even have folks in press boxes keeping up w/every stat,then reporting to newspapers & sports magazines so you will buy them.it is just a talk forum that doesn't determine the outcome at all.What not only is silly but a disgrace to myself {disabled combat veteran] to see people in the stands who will not face the flag & remove their caps & shut their mouth for a few minutes. If it does not touch your heart when the bands play & the flag is raised,you could for those who lost a friend,a son or daughter,give them respect.

If you believe what you say[silly thread]then why even have folks in press boxes keeping up w/every stat,then reporting to newspapers & sports magazines so you will buy them.it is just a talk forum that doesn't determine the outcome at all.What not only is silly but a disgrace to myself {disabled combat veteran] to see people in the stands who will not face the flag & remove their caps & shut their mouth for a few minutes. If it does not touch your heart when the bands play & the flag is raised,you could for those who lost a friend,a son or daughter,give them respect.

Wow....you really made something out of nothing. I was referring to the fact that we never play any 5A teams, so comparing #'s really does no good. We have put up more pts and yds lately than the Texans have....does that make us compete with NFL teams??? Don't use your military status as an out when someone gives THEIR OPINION on a ridiculous thread you started.

This thread has nothing to do with patriotism. If you are assuming I am one of those people because I called a disabled vet's thread "silly" then you are sadly mistaken.

Maybe I should start my own thread....here is a possible title

"Apples are EXACTLY the same as Oranges"

just because your not interested in a forum,do yourself a favor,do not reply.as far as my status, I fought for it & I live it everyday so if it doesn't concern you stay out.I already figured you out,I stepped on your toes .Well coach credeaur @ lumberton just used a great military quote that has been used for years to motivate troops to the ultimate level.**Quote; men I know things are not going well,but i would want each one of you in this foxhole  next to me. Now call his quote a silly thread @ lumberton fans will be on you.me too

Yes....the good 4A's can play with the good 5A's.....I do not think anyone would argue with that.....but have Dayton line up week in and week out against a 5A district and they will have a hard time........Coaches at even the best 4A schools will tell you they cannot compete at the 5A level for an entire season.......One reason is depth.....Depth in the sense that a 5A backup is still pretty good where a 4A backup probably isn't and also in that in practice, that starter knows his backup is going to give him a great look on every snap.......If you were to take this years 4A state champs and play the 5A state champs, it would not even be a contest.....I have coached at both levels and it is not even close.......

Dayton to my knowledge has never beat West Orange Stark,who has a undistputed record for all-time playoff runs.I made a statement on my belief that the hay days of Lamarque-Bay city-Tx City I know they could beat many 5a teams.I hope to see Dayton play all non-dist games against 5a teams.With Dayton's playoff run I think there will be alot who want a shot @DAYTON.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami