BYE

September 27 - Montgomery Lake Creek

October 4 - @Huntsville

October 11 - Splendora

October 18 - @West Fork

October 25 - Nederland

November 1 - Montgomery

November 8 - @Dayton 

This is about as good a district travel schedule I could have hoped for. I would have preferred Nederland be one of the away games, to get either Huntsville, Dayton, or West Fork at home.  As it is, we get both Montgomery schools at home. 

Regardless of travel, this is a tough schedule.

Preseason, I could see us going 1-2. La Porte, MLC, and Huntsville all in a row is going to be like a playoff run. And, Klein Oak looks like they’ll have some serious size and strength. First five weeks will be a murderers’ row, not counting BU - Who knows what they‘ll be next year, but if I had to guess I’d say “not good” until they have a new coach. 

West Fork, Nederland, and Montgomery are wild cards. I think Dayton and Splendora won’t make much noise.

West Fork: New schools are always intriguing. Sometimes they go straight to being good. 

Nederland: New coach, determined to get back into the mix. 

Montgomery: I don’t know much about them, other than we played them in the playoffs in ‘21 and ‘22. They strike me as always being at least pretty good. 

Hunstville and MLC are both returning talent from last year, and we saw how good they were. If Lake Creek had beaten us, I think they could have come away with a state championship. We’ll be good too, I think. But, this is going to be an exciting district. 

7 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

August 30 - @Klein Oak

September 6- @BU

September 13 - La Porte

BYE

October 4 - @Huntsville

October 11 - Splendora

October 18 - @West Fork

October 25 - Nederland

November 1 - Montgomery

November 8 - @Dayton 

This is about as good a district travel schedule I could have hoped for. I would have preferred Nederland be one of the away games, to get either Huntsville, Dayton, or West Fork at home.  As it is, we get both Montgomery schools at home. 

Preseason, I could see us going 1-2. La Porte, MLC, and Huntsville all in a row is going to be like a playoff run. And, Klein Oak looks like they’ll have some serious size and strength. First five weeks will be a murderers’ row, not counting BU - Who knows what they‘ll be next year, but if I had to guess I’d say “not good” until they have a new coach. 

West Fork, Nederland, and Montgomery are wild cards. I think Dayton and Splendora won’t make much noise.

West Fork: New schools are always intriguing. Sometimes they go straight to being good. 

Montgomery: I don’t know much about them, other than we played them in the playoffs in ‘21 and ‘22. They strike me as always being at least pretty good. 

Hunstville and MLC are both returning talent from last year, and we saw how good they were. If Lake Creek had beaten us, I think they could have come away with a state championship. We’ll be good too, I think. But, this is going to be an exciting district. 

just think the year after this you will get to go to Montgomery twice......

21 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

August 30 - @Klein Oak

September 6- @BU

September 13 - La Porte

BYE

October 4 - @Huntsville

October 11 - Splendora

October 18 - @West Fork

October 25 - Nederland

November 1 - Montgomery

November 8 - @Dayton 

WF will have their work cut out for them this year but they should be ready to fight in year 2.

On 2/22/2024 at 7:52 PM, PN-G bamatex said:

I really respect Coach Joseph’s predistrict selections, even if I would like to see Memorial on the schedule. We will be prepared for whatever we face the rest of the season.

I’ve already circled December 13 on my calendar. Scalp ‘em, Indians.

This year December 13th is not the championship date, its December 20th.  I see PN-G  anywhere from 1st-3rd. If they sweep LC & Huntsville theyll take 1st, if they split 2nd or 3rd depending on who lost to and tie breakers,  lose both 3rd.  3rd more than likely Marshall 1st round then SOC next

8 hours ago, Davidp0403 said:

This year December 13th is not the championship date, its December 20th.  I see PN-G  anywhere from 1st-3rd. If they sweep LC & Huntsville theyll take 1st, if they split 2nd or 3rd depending on who lost to and tie breakers,  lose both 3rd.  3rd more than likely Marshall 1st round then SOC next

I stand corrected. (As does my calendar.)

With the addition of Prieto, this district has a new wrinkle. If we assume both Nederland and Dayton are improved with their HC additions, and if we assume they both show that improvement enough this season to at least challenge PNG/LC/Huntsville, the district race is fascinating. I don’t mean to overstate how good they could be - It’s more likely than not that a first year under a new coach is more “gradual progress” than “throwing a grenade on the whole schedule.” But, I also don’t want to overstate how good the favorites are. Last year was last year, this year is brand new. The season was already going to be interesting because you’re throwing PNG, LC, and Huntsville into the same test tube. If Dayton and Nederland improve even enough to make some noise, it becomes a murderer’s row. I personally hope that’s the case. I’d love our district to stomp into Region 2 and scatter everyone else’s marbles.