Atascocita 58 Clear Springs 61/FINAL

1 minute ago, JustUs said:

Cita goes down the better Team won this one tonight. Paper Champions is good reading material

Games are won on the court. Congrats Cita on a great season.

I disagree about CS being the better team. They trailed the entire game till OT.

But, they were better tonight. In a 7 game series, give me Cita in 6.

6 hours ago, Kowboy98 said:

I mentioned that Atascocita’s style of play would not be favorable during the playoffs when the game slows down. You can only hit so many perimeter shots 

But I do remember a few years ago, that exact same style of play propelled them to the state title game and had them with a 20 point lead on an all world Duncanville team…. 🤷🏾‍♂️

52 minutes ago, Eagles12 said:

David Martinez has been to state twice, think he knows what will and what won’t work in the playoffs. 

Great Coaching , and always a Super talented team but always seems as something is missing. Kinda hard to put into words but  Imo seems like they’re always  missing identity. Seems like  instead of having and forcing a style of play on their opponents they never  have a style to force on their opponents.  Instead Seems like their  focus when they face elite competition is always to adjust to the other teams game plan.  

As far as last nite vs Clear springs .. when crunch time came Atascocita didn’t play to win , they played not to lose 

15 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

Great Coaching , and always a Super talented team but always seems as something is missing. Kinda hard to put into words but  Imo seems like they’re always  missing identity. Seems like  instead of having and forcing a style of play on their opponents they never  have a style to force on their opponents.  Seems like their  focus when they face elite competition is always to adjust to the other teams game plan.  

As far as last nite vs Clear springs .. when crunch time came Atascocita didn’t play to win , they played not to lose 

I can agree with that last sentence. 

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But I do remember a few years ago, that exact same style of play propelled them to the state title game and had them with a 20 point lead on an all world Duncanville team…. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Exactly. And what was the end result once peevy made adjustments? 

of course I was talking specifically to their roster etc this year. That may of won district but they did lose 7 games or so. I didn’t have them losing to CS but definitely didn’t have them winning region 3

53 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

of course I was talking specifically to their roster etc this year. That may of won district but they did lose 7 games or so. I didn’t have them losing to CS but definitely didn’t have them winning region 3

I think 5 of those losses were forfeits…

57 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

5 of those 7 losses were forfeits that Cita actually won on the court.

10 hours ago, Eagles12 said:

His resume is better than 99 percent of coaches in the state. You’re not a good coach if you haven’t won state is a joke of a statement. 

I didn’t say that you did. I asked how many he has. Simple question. Congrats on the district 21-6A championship