Crosby Cheating Scandal

Don’t know all of the details, but ineligible kids played for Crosby during the 2nd half of district play. From what I understand, these kids did not attend Crosby HS and possibly already graduated from HS. Maybe someone else has more details on this cheating scandal? 

4 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

Don’t know all of the details, but ineligible kids played for Crosby during the 2nd half of district play. From what I understand, these kids did not attend Crosby HS and possibly already graduated from HS. Maybe someone else has more details on this cheating scandal? 

From what I was told, two transfers were never cleared to be eligible. One from CE King, the other from Channelview. 

Have not heard anything in regards to kids not attending Crosby or have already graduated. 

I have a hard time claiming "cheating" here. They played ineligible players. If you want to call it cheating, so be it.

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

From what I was told, two transfers were never cleared to be eligible. One from CE King, the other from Channelview. 

Have not heard anything in regards to kids not attending Crosby or have already graduated. 

I have a hard time claiming "cheating" here. They played ineligible players. If you want to call it cheating, so be it.

When a coach knowingly allows ineligible kids to play, yes I consider that cheating. He knows the rules of transfers needing to be cleared, yet played the kids anyway. From what I understand, these same kids did not play in the first round of district, play. If that is true, then this was a deliberate attempt to mislead other teams, which, IMO is cheating. 

6 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

When a coach knowingly allows ineligible kids to play, yes I consider that cheating. He knows the rules of transfers needing to be cleared, yet played the kids anyway. From what I understand, these same kids did not play in the first round of district, play. If that is true, then this was a deliberate attempt to mislead other teams, which, IMO is cheating. 

I get that. But whose to say this could have been a clerical error? He may have been told they were eligible. I do not know how Crosby handles their business in regards to eligibility. The coach may or may not have actually known.

But, the bottom line is it does fall back on the coach and the admins.

What’s done in the dark will come to light. Hate it for those seniors that worked hard all year to get to this point of disappointment. What a way to end your senior season, them kids going to remember this for a long time.

Been living in Crosby all my life and never seen a situation like this. 

i agree that all credit for success should go to the coaches. Likewise, when there is failure all the blame should go to the coaches too.

Grown men spreading rumors. The same kids played all year long and were eligible per UIL rules. Upping further scrutiny by the UIL one of the transfers paperwork has not been done correctly making him ineligible. Typically the UIL doesn’t review transfers late in the season to avoid this type of situation and the heartbreak it causes the kids. Apparently they are about to start. Coach Egans has coached in Crosby for 20+ years and has always followed protocol. Ruining his integrity now makes zero sense.

32 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Grown men spreading rumors. The same kids played all year long and were eligible per UIL rules. Upping further scrutiny by the UIL one of the transfers paperwork has not been done correctly making him ineligible. Typically the UIL doesn’t review transfers late in the season to avoid this type of situation and the heartbreak it causes the kids. Apparently they are about to start. Coach Egans has coached in Crosby for 20+ years and has always followed protocol. Ruining his integrity now makes zero sense.

Thanks for the updated info and perspective. I guess this explains Coach Egan’s Nov 2023 UIL public reprimand. In most cases many of the transfers are not legitimate, but the unwritten rule seems to be “look the other way”. 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

4 hours ago, Concerned Citizen said:

Thanks for the updated info and perspective. I guess this explains Coach Egan’s Nov 2023 UIL public reprimand. In most cases many of the transfers are not legitimate, but the unwritten rule seems to be “look the other way”. 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Reprimanded for what exactly my first time hearing it.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Any clue how easy it is to get one of these reprimands?  They sure hand out a lot of them.  

Also, a coach can get a reprimand if he violates practice policies. 

Looking at the date of this reprimand, he could have violated practice policies by starting the season too soon, having practices on days not allowed or breaking the hours limit for the week.

Several things can cause a public reprimand.

As a Head Coach of a sport you should know the eligibility status of your players.  Grades and Waiver status fall into that category.  
if you have kids that have waivers pending or not started then they certainly don’t play varsity games.

As I said, this is inexcusable.   Shouldn’t have happened.

On 2/17/2024 at 4:27 PM, MrFleet23 said:

When a kid transfers to a school the coaches are supposed to start paperwork to see if they are eligible and know that if they play ineligible players they have to forfeit those wins. They all KNOW that. The fact that they played them and tried at the last minute to clear them looks like they got caught cheating and tried to clean up their mess. Bottom line it's the coach and AD's fault. I only feel bad for the other players on the team.