**Dayton vs Waller...Friday, 7:30 Berry Center Stadium in Cypress**

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 35+ point blowouts are history...

There are only eight teams left.

If Dayton does take this by Over 35, then WOW!!!!

I wonder what the most lopsided victory in a quarterfinal match is?

That being said, I really don't see any team without a very good passing team beating Dayton.

Dayton's defense is just too quick for any team to keep running the ball.

ps...

Dayton fans.....

I am about to start working on the video...

Highlights should be up in about 4 hours.

I agree its gonna get tougher the rest of the way

Congrats on your big win Dayton! After seeing Waller play last night against Lumberton, let me just say that you guys should have no problem with them. They've got a QB that is very versatile and can run(very well) as well as throw(very well). Their defense was lights out against the L-Train. From what I hear, you guys are playing the best football of the year right now. I just dont think they're gonna be able to stop your offense......but, ya'll are gonna have to shut down their QB as he is the key to their offense. Good Luck in the Regional Finals, Dayton! Represent our area well!

i don't know what game you guys went to last night because the Waller team i saw can play some ball.  They didn't have to show all their cards because we couldn't stop thier QB.  They are a talented team with BIG athletic players.  Thier running back wasn't featured last night be he is good also.  They only threw the ball 3 times and still amassed over 400 yards.    

This is going to be a great game with two very potent offenses.  I'll give Dayton the edge because of there defense.  I think they have given up only 6 touchdowns since district started and have out scored their opponents 386-45.  Lumberton moved the ball against Waller but turned it over twice on downs inside the redzone during the first half.

GOOD LUCK in the next round!

This wont be a game. Dayton will run away with it. I say Dayton by atleast 35. Waller isnt good at all. Yeh they beat Lumberton but they are WAY to one dimensional. No match for Dayton. I hope they beat em by 50

i wouldnt say we will run away with it they're in the 4th round for a reason and they might be one dimensional and we still have to stop that one dimension 

Me too NedDog!  I hate that Tennessee is too far to drive to see some SETX football every week!  I have said for sometime I thought Dayton would win state, but that was before Waller did what they did to us last night!  I can only listen to the game and they sounded pretty big and good so they will test Dayton next week, but I hope Dayton can bring home state, if not then from what I have read Waller was a class act last night so if Dayton doesn't win it all I hope Waller goes all the way. 

I agree.  Waller really, really suprised me last night.  It did not look like the same Waller team that came to Nederland a couple of months ago.  I am hoping Dayton pulls out the win, but if for some reason they do fall short, Region III will be well-represented by Waller. 

Waller wont be a match. Play Waller like you play Livingston and you get the same results. Waller beat Livingston by one TD and Livingston had 3 turnovers in the redzone. Dayton wins BIG. And please lay out #7. It should have happened numerous time last night but we were arm tackling. I hope Smezny knocks his socks off.

Waller wont be a match. Play Waller like you play Livingston and you get the same results. Waller beat Livingston by one TD and Livingston had 3 turnovers in the redzone. Dayton wins BIG. And please lay out #7. It should have happened numerous time last night but we were arm tackling. I hope Smezny knicks his socks off.

He get under your skin Pimp?

Waller has a good running game that is physical.  #7 is for from being slow. He wait's for his blocks and then takes off.  No arm tackles will make him fall.  There defense is OK, but cam be scored open Lumberton made alot of mistakes.  The passing game was there all night long.  Should be a classic battle.  Handle up on your bisuness Dayton,  bring the Title to 22-4A!

Pimp,  He may have looked slow but he just ran for 200+yards again.  They never needed to throw the ball.  So they still have that.  Did you look at the stats for their game vs Livingston. What four or five fumbles themselves.  You can't run for that many yards and not be pretty good.  It looks like both teams will have to step up in order to win.  But for you to say that Waller is no good is ridiculous and a lot of the people at the game last night would agree.  Just b/c you don't like the way someone does something doesn't mean that they're bad at it.  Any team that makes it to the fourth round is pretty good.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder